• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mr. Bambu said:
also, for the people who entered characters but don't really want to write up their opinions on it, I'm happy to take a gander if you'll correct any mistakes I happen to make for the person. many thanks for the entries.
I'll take you up on this offer. I'm lazy, & you know the benchmarks to overcome when fighting D&D better than I probably do anyway.

If I had to advocate as to what'd make Machoke/Kadabra/Cryogonal/Haunter potent.... Well to start, I tried to use stuff that's capable through stuff independent of resistances: Machoke has strength, stamina, lifting & martial arts skill, & can make itself stronger by taking off its belt, the other 3 can regenerate. Kadabra is incredibly haxed, especially with Abra's abilities, etc.

Cryogonal can freeze things to set up kills via brute force, & both it & Haunter can fly, with the latter having decent offensive hax if that proves useful.

Being able to be intangible & go through walls may also be nice.

(And also being in Tier 7 might help.)

D&D resists portal BFR(?) so that'll suck for The Throne.

But it also radhaxes everything not Abstract, meaning it does pretty well until the final floor, so I believe.

Yeah Soth is a barrier. With more party members for her; Ainz Ooal Gow, Cure Elim Los Malvar, Pandora's Actor or Demiurge (Overlord), they can just chill at the fourth floor keeping Soth down untill probably they run out of mana or skills to use. Ainz already has a wishing ring but NLF.

Floor 5: If they somehow make it here and don't get stomped by passives they can't resist, they have a chance to wish boss away? It seems some of the opponents can't deal with Ainz's thought based death hax and passive death hax (limited range), as well as his [True Death] that negates resurrection. Those that can have to deal with the ton of summons the characters now have, plus the fact that Ainz used the corpses of those they killed to summon Death Knight (Overlord), (Although just 9-A for some reason)

Moritzva said:
D&D resists portal BFR(?) so that'll suck for The Throne.
But it also radhaxes everything not Abstract, meaning it does pretty well until the final floor, so I believe.
Haven't we been over how radiation is already in standard resistances due in part to planes literally made of radioactive material

@Muchaco Death hax is standard resistance but it would seem that thanks to D&D logic they can death hax most creatures anyways, yes. Wish can't just instant kill a boss as per the rules though you could make it so one of the bosses is basically powerless (such as ensuring True Death works). So, tenatively, with a party, Overlord guys make it to Floor 5 and may or may not be able to clear, though I dunno the specifics of how they get past most bosses (Lord Soth can apparently just be brute forced by them).

I don't think they can get past Soth's immortality, floor 5 is just a what if scenario. Keeping him down shouldn't be too hard.

It's four 7-Bs spamming abilities at him, AOEs like [Nuclear Blast], [Napalm], or durability negation [Reality Slash], or even something to affect the soul [Hellfire wall] (useless I know). There is also Shalltear present who is strong against the undead.

I noticed Lord Soth doesn't have resistance to time stuff. So I guess Demiurge can just freeze him in time.

Muchacho mrm said:
I don't think they can get past Soth's immortality, floor 5 is just a what if scenario. Keeping him down shouldn't be too hard.
It's four 7-Bs spamming abilities at him, AOEs like [Nuclear Blast], [Napalm], or durability negation [Reality Slash], or even something to affect the soul [Hellfire wall] (useless I know). There is also Shalltear present who is strong against the undead.

I noticed Lord Soth doesn't have resistance to time stuff. So I guess Demiurge can just freeze him in time.
Time stuff is resisted, sorry. Part of the standard resistances, none of them are on profiles.

Here's time freeze that can be resisted.

Soupywolf5 said:
Can I put Peridot with her Limb Enhancers in a party with Sapphire? She's got 7-A durability, but only 9-A AP, and I don't know if that goes against the rules
Ehhh kinda iffy on that, but I'll allow it since its only one tier out of range and only for one stat. Yer pushing it, rookie.

Nico-v11 said:
I'll throw in Castiel 7-B. I have zero knowledge on D&D but this looks pretty cool. If he alone can't go all the way through then his companions are Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester, and Crowley (Supernatural).
I'll just say companions since this affords the best chance for them. So! Let's tackle this first since I have baseline knowledge on Supernatural. Taking most generous terms, Cas is a 7-B angel, or roughly a CR 15, Sam is a 9-B (CR 4) with 7-B vs Demons, Dean is best considered 8-C (CR 10), if only since his 7-C feat is tenative, and Crowley is High 8-C (CR 12). Because we're over-equalizing both Cas and Crowley classify as Outsiders (Angel and Demon) and receive the abilities of such. Furthermore, this group is uniquely equipped- between them they have multiple weapons that would classify as truly magic as standard equipment, meaning they'll have no trouble fighting the likes of Imps (and, later, better demons/devils).

Based on all of this, the first floor may as well be a cake walk, everybody but Sam can basically one-shot everything on this floor with very little usage of abilities. Sam in particular shines vs the demonic threats of this floor and the group pretty casually tears through the boss. Next floor.

This floor sees, again, pretty much everyone rinse everything. I think arguably Sam can just get floored, since no demons are present he's just a really low level guy with basic magic abilities. All the creatures of the floor possess some form of hax and there isn't much he can do physically to stop it. Dean an Crowley continue to manage even if they are wounded thanks to Type 4 and Mid-High respectively. Cas is still untouchable. Arguably Dean could struggle with the Aboleth and Mind Flayer if he openly engages them, since incap options, but frankly with Cas and Crowley I don't see this as a likely scenario.

Floor 3 is where a lot of this falls apart. Crowley and Cas continue to use spell-like abilities and can fairly easily deal with all of the Kuo-Toa quickly, but a Cambion is most likely to target Dean first. I think it's possible he survives thanks to intervention from his more powerful allies, specifically with Cas being able to counter invisibility, but Dean would be on his last legs here.

Floor 4, Dean dies a lot. I don't know how good his Type 4 is but he's unlikely to survive and be of any help. The greater doppelgangers in particular tear through Crowley and Dean with relative ease and only fail if Cas manages to swing through them all. From here on out, Dean and Crowley begin to be less and less useful, with the Horned Devil passive fearing them to death ad infinitum and Soth pretty easily fighting on par with Cas and dealing with the other two as needed. Now, with that said, all members of this party are fairly experienced in monsters that need specific methods to die- assuming they aren't fools I think they could figure out Soth's immortality and counter it easily. I believe this is where Crowley falls, however- largely due to Soth haxxing him. Crowley could put up a fairly valiant effort and maybe even restrain Soth for long enough for Cas to finally end him, but it doesn't seem likely that he survives Soth with just Mid-High.

Floor 5, assuming Dean's Type 4 is applicable then he an Cas pretty much end all progress here. Any BBEG of the floor minus Drizzt would have the means to overpower Cas, Dean can at best hope to incon them in an endless cycle of death. Even with the durability negation available with their magic weapons it won't level the playing field against someone like Kent. It's at this floor that a lot of Castiel's more magic abilities stop working as well- under D&D logic, most of these guys will just resist. It seems very unlikely that they can overcome Soneillon, if they make it to her. Cas may likely survive the dungeon, Dean likely becomes captured and destroyed by Soneillon or another BBEG.

Dude this was awesome as hell!! But I'd like to mention that having the Colt between Sam and Dean kills Archangels (except for Lucifer) who are all 3-B possibly 3-A characters. Just in case that wasn't factored in.

Nico-v11 said:
Dude this was awesome as hell!! But I'd like to mention that having the Colt between Sam and Dean kills Archangels (except for Lucifer) who are all 3-B possibly 3-A characters. Just in case that wasn't factored in.
I'm aware but their lives weren't exactly ended by lack of potency so much as lack of survivability. Sam was just a 9-B, Dean an 8-C. Dean doesn't exactly die here either, he just sort of loses the ability to fight back much, given that everything has abilities and stats far above him. I do think Cas would survive and escape, though, I think Soneillon wouldn't be able to stop that.

Alright, I'll bite on this as a fellow D&D nerd. Let's see...

Party of 4, DMC Edition

DMC 3 Dante (Low 7-B)

DMC 3 Vergil (Low 7-B)

Trish (7-B)

DMC 4 Nero (7-B)

I'm sure this'll be ridiculously easy for them, but I just want to see how these professional demon hunters can fair against some of the most famous monsters in fiction

> "I'm sure this'll be ridiculously easy for them"

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.
If you'd like to have me write that up, I'll gladly take a look through them later.

I stand by my words. Also, I can do it too, I'll just have to look into some of the monsters towards the back end

Could you do Peridot and Sapphire's run? I don't know enough about D&D to accurately gauge where they'd make it (I'm still not confident on where I said team BTD would make it to)

Soupywolf5 said:
Could you do Peridot and Sapphire's run? I don't know enough about D&D to accurately gauge where they'd make it (I'm still not confident on where I said team BTD would make it to)
Yeah, if Sorvoe thinks he can accurately portray his party then I could take a chance on Sapphire and Peridot.

So, the first thing to note is that Sapphire is the obvious choice of damage and Peridot may as well be rendered immune to normal damage until floor 5 or thereabouts. However, even with being D&D-ified, Peridot isn't going to be an effective party member due to low AP. Her intelligence and technology based abilities will likely be of the most help to herself and Sapphire since tricking a monster is just as good as killing it.

Based on all of this, the group clears Floor 1 with very little serious threat. They probably experience particular struggle with the Ogre Mage largely due to everyone in the boss fight capable of becoming intangible (or being outright abstract). That said it should be an fairly uncomplicated matter for Sapphire to brute force her way through the Ogre eventually, and they can theoretically ignore the imps. The worst that will happen here is that, since these creatures ostensibly have souls, the imps corrupt the shit out of them and make them evil. Or at the very least, make them have very very evil thoughts.

For Sapphire, floor 2 becomes easier than the last. She can now affect incorporeals thanks to the magic weapon given just before and her tier makes her resistant to 99% of the abilities on the floor. Downside is that she will be taking significant punches to her willpower thanks to the Allip. Peridot is in much worse shape as her willpower has been drained almost fully, meaning she is now wildly insane to the point of almost dying, and very nearly evil. Outside of the Allips the two should be able to clear the floor via Sapphire being much higher tier, and it isn't unlikely that they can brute force the boss while being able to resist the worst effects of the Chaos Beasts.

And at this point, Peridot likely falls. If not by durability, then by hax. It seems extremely unlikely that the likes of a Cambion wouldn't capitalize on Peridot's newly found insane-evil, so even assuming she isn't beaten to death by necrotic damage of the arch-priests, a Cambion would have no trouble soul ripping or possessing peridot, then heading straight to the Abyss. There's a chance she survives, but not one I'd place any money on, solely because Sapphire is still there to wipe out threats.

Floor 4 is certain death for Peridot. If by nothing else then by Soth saying she dies. Even making maximum usage of technology and her genius becomes significantly less useful as Soth is a genius and the Horned Devil is gifted, too, not to mention the Aboleth from a few floors back. So! It seems very likely that Sapphire gets bogged down on this floor- despite her own decent intelligence, we are now in the territory of things that can harm her and things she doesn't resist inherently via being D&D-ized. A battle of wits against Soth seemingly ends in Soth's favor, and ability wise very few of hers are capable of dismissing anything more than Barbed Devils or the Doppelgangers.

In my opinion, the two both survive with varying success until Floor 4, and then fail to make it past the death knight.

Bambu, just a quick question. I know the rules of magic and such for DnD and limited ability usage and such. Main problem is, Dante and crew have more abilities at their disposal than a Level 20 Wizard who took 4 Magic Initiate feats. Main thing I want to ask is this: do you want me to treat some of their more broken abilities as spells (the more broken, the higher the slot needed) or limited abilites (3 per day or such things)

Limited spell-like abilities. So... 1/day for the best, 3/day for very good, at most 4/day. No slots.

All right, so some setup:

-Devil Trigger (Dante, Vergil, and Nero) is restricted to 2 a day to to the nature of it requiring absorbing a lot of demonic energy.

-Bigger moves/abilities like Judgement Cut, Quicksilver, etc. is 3 a day

-Trish's lightning and Nero's "mage hand" are cantripts, so unlimited use, because of the nature of their characters and their gameplay connections

-Because they all hunt demons, pretty much all their weapons are already magical.

-Because everyone's faster than any of the fighters in here, it'll be treated as having extremely high Dexterity. Not impossible to hit, but still extremely difficult

Floor 1: This floor is child's play for them. None of the baddies can actually hurt them and everyone resists the magic the Ogre can throw at them. Even the Carrion Crawlers can't paralyze them, they've fought enemies like them and weren't affected. Dante would probably take the +1 weapon since that's his schtick. I'm going to assume it turns into shotgun-nunchucks since that's funny to me.

Floor 2: While the monsters still can't really hurt them, the resistances make it a bit more bothersome. They all have NPI and Vergil can shake off illusions, so he can make those who can't tell aware or get the casters from a distance with his sword beams. Dante will probably keep the gem since he's the collector and it's backup just in case something happens to Vergil.

Floor 3: If all of the Kuo-Toa attack at the same time, then the in character move for them would probably be either Dante slowing down time with Quicksilver and picking them off or Vergil doing this and oneshotting them all. The Cambion may cause some trouble since they're all only immune to one type of corruption, but considering they fight demons like that regularly, it'll probably go down pretty quickly. Again, Dante gets the gem for later. Considering he basically turns demon souls into weapons, he may do just that, but that's purely flavor.

Floor 4: This is where things start to get difficult. The devils, Horned excluded, aren't too much of a problem, the DMC heavy hitters resists most everything they can throw at them and aren't really hurt by them. The dopplegangers are in trouble since most of them have no friends or it'd be obvious that the person shouldn't be there. The Horned Devil may be difficult for Dante and Neuro, but Trish and Nero would have less trouble. Devil Trigger may be used here by at least Dante or it'll turn into a range game with their guns and magic. Soth is the main problem. Vergil can find the wall he's hiding behind, but Power Word Death could get one of them dead, most likely Vergil. It'll take some heavy lifting on Trish and Neuro's part, but they can clear this floor. They may use their wish to bring the fallen back to life so they can fight the final room at full power.

Floor 5: Going through each BBEG one at a time.

Vargo would get rid of Trish's magic and his magic would be difficult to get around, but once they get in close, the swordsmen can cut him to shreds. The familiar will probably be bothersome, but can be dealt with relatively easily.

Aerisli would be easier than Vargo since her magic is more limited. Sure, the legendary resistances would be extremely annoying, but Spear Bird Lady would be brought down.

Vladmir is even easier since he has much less magical and is another big swordsman they can either gang up on or keep at range with guns. Since they have NPI and Soul Manip, his soul form can be destroyed.

Elder Brain will be hard. While they normally resist Madness Manipulation, it's not the type Elder Brain uses, so they may start taking mental anguish. If they can kill it before that spell is used, maybe they'll be fine. If the Brain sends someone to another dimension, Vergil will have to waste a Judgement Cut to get them back. Devil Trigger will most likely be used here by at least two of them.

Drizzt is easy, just a swordsman with various elemental stuff, basically Dante. If they're mentally disturbed during this fight, it'll be slightly more difficult, but it should still be relatively easy.

Soneillon is going to be very hard. While her magic type is similar to the devils earlier, her Regenerationn will be very difficult to get past. They'll have to time beating her physical body and then destroying her soul, probably involving Yamato's spatial manipulation. Either that or they banish her with Judgement Cut. If they get a string of bad luck, Dante and Vergil may die.

So overall, best case scenario, they clear the dungeon alive but mentally scarred. Worst case scenario, Dante and Vergil don't make it out. Overall, DMC should have the hax and skill to make it through the dungeon in some capacity.

Fair but I have some pointers. I assume all of their weapons and stuff are considered magic in nature in their verse anyways so affecting nonphysical enemies is largely going to be ignored on the basis that they can do it.

- Even with NPI they're getting into combat with characters, meaning Floor 2 takes a toll in the form of wisdom damage from Allips.

- Horned Devil stun inducement and summoning fellow Horned Devils presents a pretty significant problem with two party members now out of the fight for an extended period of time.

- Soth isn't behind one wall, he's just in the dungeon. The throne he's reliant on is behind one of 24 walls. I think without a viable counter more than just one party member falls victim to power word kill.

- A lot of floor 5 assumes optimal conditions. Namely, that the swordsmen aren't dead by Soth, that Aerisi doesn't just summon Yan-C-Bi, and that Vladmir has a soul (he doesn't, undead don't have souls). Elder Brain presents a double threat due to Allips will-draining from floor 2, meaning I don't think they realistically move past that particular enemy (the others I think they could tenuously survive).

- Soneillon resists DMC's abilities on a greater scale than they possess. While everything else in the dungeon also resists, we're assuming the DMC crew follows D&D logic where bigger AP tends to equate bigger resistance scaling and negging resistance (Saves and DCs going up by level, basically). Soneillon is epic level, so their normal BFR and stuff doesn't really work. Furthermore, Soneillon's main strategies are soul rip and possession.

My own take on your party, given your insight: the two fighters likely die to Soth, as his most in-character thing would be to death manip the melee people. Trish and Nero may survive with general success, but they don't apparently have an easy way through him so it seems unlikely they miraculously pull through.

Floor 5 becomes much more difficult for this reason- I believe Drizzt is an easy take down for the two, because, at his core, he really just is a very skilled and talented warrior. That said, Aerisi would be the next hardest, given her magic and summoning of a 6-C. Not impossible, since the 6-C isn't the BBEG, Aerisi is, and ergo doesn't need killed, but I'd say it's far from likely both of them survive the encounter. This leaves one of the two with a decent chance of surviving into the third BBEG, which likely brings us to Vladmir. Without a counter to him not having a soul in any capacity, I think they incon, without a real method of ending him.

And Kent and Elder Brain likely floor due to mild insanity and drained willpower due to the earlier floors. Vargo's versatile magic is still capable of fighting the remaining one member and the Elder Brain frankly just packs a greater psionic punch than is possible to endure due to the Allips. To me it just seems unlikely that the group makes it to Soneillon, at which point their abilities aren't hugely relevant. Soneillon is simply on a higher level and is accompanied by two Balors, who are also major threats in of themselves.

Nico-v11 said:
Oh oh oh! What about Reinhard van Astrea? He's waaaaayyy too op for his own good so he'll probably go far or clear it alone.
What makes him OP? His profile doesn't have anything that jumps out at me so I'm not sure I'd handle him right.

@Mr. Bambu

It's a couple things. His immortality is based on Od Laguna which is essence of all Mana and Life (where they come from and return to) in the verse.

Reinhard's passive resurrection.

His ability to gain new abilities that already exist in the world or abilities that do not exist in the world. This ranges from an AP increase to always cooking an amazing meal.....just look at his notable abilities section to understand.

Adaptation which WoG has stated he would adapt to outer space if he were sent there. Which means most things won't work twice on him (even if they work the first time he'll resurrect).

Skill wise just look at his intelligence section and the ability "Sword Saint."

That's me going about him briefly since tbh I don't know too much about him. I will say that at the very least not all of his abilities are on his profile yet. From my understanding there's still quite a bit that hasn't been translated to English yet.

Oh. That's not bad, then. Does Sword Saint just mean that he guarantees outskills the enemy or...? Like what's the limitations on it.

If you've seen Demon Slayer and how Tanjiro's sent thread works it's similar to that except waaaaaaayyy better. It's like tracing your sword through the white rays throughout the fight beginning to end.

"Analytical Prediction (Has a superhuman intuition which informs him of dire, imminent threats to his self, and preemptively detects incoming attacks. Reinhard also always sees floating white rays of battle which if he were to merely follow the rays and trace them with his sword, he would unquestionably kill his opponent)"

Combine that with this:

"First Attack Immunity: The first time an attack is performed at Reinhardt, he automatically dodges regardless of his awareness of the attack. The blessing will wake him up even if he's asleep."

Aaaaandddd this:

"Proceeding Attack Immunity: The second attack and all following attacks miss him, as he automatically dodges them."

Among the other ton of blessings that he has and that he can possibly gain during fights then you start to get a picture of what Reinhard is like.

He's not "guaranteed" to out skill but he's ridiculously skilled. Like so far above everyone in the verse it's absurd.

I don't watch anime, sorry

no, I haven't seen demon slayer and I dunno who Tanjiro is.

my main thing is would it, for example, lead him to the tools needed to beat a creature? would it try to give him the magic weapon to fight the imps and would it lead him to Soth's throne? does it make it impossible for him to lose despite hax (e.g., Vargo soul-haxing, Brain mind-haxing, Soth death-haxing, etc?)

Burn the heretic that doesn't watch anime

Ok so no. Think of it like taking a pencil and drawing a picture on a blank piece of paper. Now take a blank piece of paper and put it over the drawing. You will be able to draw the same picture by keeping your pencil on the lines and tracing out the drawing.

Reinhard will be "tracing" with his sword the perfect route to win a fight by following the white rays with his sword.

Do I know if there's a limit? Not really. Reinhard is a walking plot device he's not really supposed to have a weakness of sorts. I don't believe it leads him to tools or things like that though. If there's zero way to win with his sword then I imagine that the white rays wouldn't appear then.

The skill isn't limited to swords of course however his intuition is (as described in the intelligence section) insane. He'll just "know" how to do something correctly. So he'll just "know" that with his current tool he wouldn't be able to kill an enemy.

The intuition thing is separate from the Sword Saint though.

Okay... I can write up my take on him later. Spoilers, I think he makes it decently far.

Back