• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown vs Strahd von Zarovich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, where is the coffin hidden? Distant Vision could potentially let him track Strahd after every kill.

How long? The range is Medium, meaning that it can manifest anywhere within 100 ft + 10 ft per level (meaning over 250 ft). It just appears next to Ainz and touches. That's literally the entire purpose of the spell.

Strahd mindhaxes the undead. That part is easy, and again, one touch from the hand and Ainz is incapped.

T O U C H

Apeironaxim said:
Or Wish Upon A Star
already went over this, debunked above

Mr. Bambu said:
How long? The range is Medium, meaning that it can manifest anywhere within 100 ft + 10 ft per level (meaning over 250 ft). It just appears next to Ainz and touches. That's literally the entire purpose of the spell.
Strahd mindhaxes the undead. That part is easy, and again, one touch from the hand and Ainz is incapped.

T O U C H
Pretty much all Undead have the same Mindhax resistance as Ainz.

I still don't think the Hand would get there, since he'll be smited by every summon/undead/Ainz within a 100 feet radius whenever they catch sight of him. In fact, Ainz will probably send out scouts to try and find him before he gets close, anyways.

...you misunderstand.

The hand doesn't travel that.

The hand appears next to the target.

I'm still not seeing how Soul Anchor is a wincon as it just seems to lock Ainz to the battlefield.

Honestly I'm leaning towards Incon currently. Ainz outmatches Strahd in nearly every catagory but Strahd seems so insanely immortal and hidden Ainz is gonna be hard pressed to ever find him.

It locks Ainz in a select part of the battlefield. Soul Anchor puts a character anywhere with borders defined upon casting the spell. This could be something as small as a hut or something as vast as a planet. That character can never leave afterwords.

This is of course all assuming we disregard Strahd's slightly longer scaling chain in terms of resistances and overcoming resistances (including mindhax).

Mr. Bambu said:
It locks Ainz in a select part of the battlefield. Soul Anchor puts a character anywhere with borders defined upon casting the spell. This could be something as small as a hut or something as vast as a planet. That character can never leave afterwords.
That's still not a wincon as Ainz isn't really sealed just location locked. That's like saying Undyne or Wobbuffet win via there locking abilities alone. Plus Ainz has

• Freedom: A buff that provides protection from high-level restraining effects

It isn't restraining so much as soul manip and, again, can't stress enough, Strahd's hax scaling chains are longer than Ainz' resistances. And, again, this can easily be followed up by Strahd's other abilities- mind fog + domination or any other number since at that point Strahd is free to essentially do whatever to him.

Antoniofer said:
What is the exact description of Soul Anchor?
As Qawsed posted above, the link is here.

For future reference, Ctrl + F Soul Anchor on this thread.

So, can't a Remove Curse or Dispel Magic end the effect? Assuming that Ainz have similar abilities (that wouldn't be surprissed if he does).

Also, remember, 1 hour to recover 1 hp, I may not known the personality here, but I doubt Strahd is going to fight when he just has recovered just enough to stand up, and proceed to be oneshotted once again. Also, does daylight appears in Barovia (battlefield)?

@Anton

Strahd can heal up through other means. The first hit point is just to get back to corporeal form.

No, daylight doesn't appear in Ravenloft last I checked. It's a realm of vampires, liches, death knights, etc and stuff.

And nooooot exactly. Scaling chains neg that.

@Apies

See above, Strahd's own mastery of spells negate all that

Was Ainz using Wish Upon a Star to get knowledge on defeating Strahd adressed?

Not really but ultimately it boils down to he'd know he needs to destroy the coffin, just not where it is since that thing is protected to all hell.

@Dargoo

Strahd resists info gathering through wishes I think. Even if Ainz did it's not like he can act on it being bound to one spot.

Strahd does but just general knowledge about the world would be able to be gained. It isn't unreasonable but uh... yeah the soul anchor thing.

Something as Dispel Magic also works in higher level spells, but a DC against 16 have (or 15?) to be passed. Not that high I think, what was Strahd spellcasting ability (for reference)?

So let me get this straight,

• Strahd's resistances should be strong enough to neg most if not all of Ainz's hax and his spells receve the same treatment
  • Strahd can just come back from almost damage via regening at his coffin which is so protected it probably can't be found
  • and Strahd has the ability to erode Ainz's resistance to mindhax enough to eventually gain a win that way
Correct? Did I miss something?

Anton using phrases from Anima to describe D&D is simultaneously extremely painful to me and surreal and neat all at once

His spells have a higher chain but that's about it, yes.

Anton, Strahd's DCs obviously vary since the calculations for finding the DC change from spell to spell but his best stuff is about DC 23, or 13 tiers above baseline. Disregarding the odd ability that has bonuses to this.

Strahd - 6 (Saga, DragonEmperor, Bambu, Pixel, Schnee, Apies)

Incon - 1 (Apiero)

k when Ainz loses someone do King Hassan next

Mr. Bambu said:
...you misunderstand.

The hand doesn't travel that.

The hand appears next to the target.
Right but how does that matter when he gets smithed whenever he comes within a 100 feet radius of Ainz?

Not Anima that much but Tabletop in general... I also forget how one find "spellcaster ability". And yes, is neat, that's why I like to create fictional characters in rpg's profiles (Anima mostly).

I'm not sure how that matters much. Ainz' best quality is his information gathering and strategy devising, but his tools for obtaining information on the target or doing anything more than blowing them up, which he can do but isn't really his preferred method of combat with an equal, are being shut down hard.

Ainz' has a chance, but not a very big one. And all the vampire needs is time and succeeding once.

Strahd FRA, plus his page says he has a spell that can create an exact copy of a target that will attempt to destroy the original.

Strahd - 7 (Saga, DragonEmperor, Bambu, Pixel, Schnee, Apies, Delta)

Incon - 1 (Apier)

grace

@Pixel 250 ft, and frankly just stealth at that point. His stealth is to the point of being vastly better than adventurer's senses.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Pixel 250 ft, and frankly just stealth at that point. His stealth is to the point of being vastly better than adventurer's senses.
While I believe Ainz has a very solid chance- a surprisingly high chance, due to his magic and prep -it'll take too long. My vote doesn't change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back