• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Four characters? As long as they're from the same verse, ye.

Well I can't make a party with Steven Universe characters because almost all of them are at least 7-A, and the ones who aren't are terrible

I think one last thing to note is...

@Ogbun On Floor 4, Greater Doppelgangers would absorb and mimic powers salvaged from Orikan, which would present a problem, and his powers won't inherently work on anything above High 8-C (so Horned Devil and all the BBEGs above him). Thoughts?

@Psycho Aight, tell me how it goes

Zhong Yue

Round 1: He's used to fight with muliple enemies even those that have higher statistics than him so it won't be a problem if he outnumbered. Seeing as there will be many and since he's High 7-C compared to their 9-B, it will be a breaze through it. He will either bombard them with Sword Qi - wiping them all at once or can visualize a Jiao Drago to do the job for him.

Round 2: The Ghast will be no problem since it will be basically the same as above, Chull will fall the same way. Allip will be tricky since there is a chance that will be the worst enemy from this floor for Zhong Yue since the Insane Undead has Types 2 and 3, detecting the thoughts of an Allip drives the user mad and if chinaman starts to calculate his thoughts well...madness, but since Zhong Yue can sense his aura and realises they are not that threatening he will likely one-shot them with a Sword Qi. Aboleth will be easier in my opinion since he will use the Jiao Dragon (or more) to kill him (all Zhong Yue attacks can hit the soul so no problem). Mind Flayer will be no problem since he has Xin Huo and his Lamp to proctect him if he will try anything but Zhong once he see that the Eldritch is protected he will user Spring Thunderbolt Swords to snipe him with a thunderbolt and or again the old good Danmaku aoe with hundreds if not thousands of attacks.

Round 3: The 10 Kuo-Toa will be no problem, while the 8 Cambion may be since in this key Zhong Yue didn't fight with anyone who had spatial manipulation but his analitycal prediction will get him through it.

Round 4: His soul and mind is protected by Xin Huo so it will be no problem versus them if they try this. A thing that will help him is his calculations and power mimicry which he could use to learn their powers (those he can if they are displayed before him) - this way increasing his variety of skills. Since Zhong Yue can visualise anything his mind can comprehand and as long as he understand it, then I think he outnumber the way. If needed he can tranfrom in the Xiang Dragon which will boost all his statistics, including the potency of his abilities. If he is lucky enough he may get some abilities from Barbed Devil and/or Horned Devil before Lord Soth which will be more or less the same tactic depending on what the Knight of the Rose uses.

Round 5: Till here Zhong Yue greatest advantages were his statistics, danmaku, Xin Huo and his intelect. He will likely go right in Xiang Dragon form to boost his stats and then visualize Jiao Dragons and Spring Thunderbolt Swords Skill. If they somehow reach him thanks to him reaching Unconscious Visualization level basically Instincitve Reaction + his lightning aura which will also defend or attack for him will make the others harded to hit him. I think I forget to mention that in the form of Xiang Dragon his presence will release a pressure that will suppress those of inferior bloodline compared to him (I'm not sure how will work on the D&D beings). The reason being that the Xiang Dragon is a Monster with Dragon bloodline which is a Celestial being (a God) making other races not at his "qualitative level" but it's not truly strong since they are higher than him in tier.

His calculations (analitycal prediction), Instinctive Reaction, Visualizations, Power Mimicry and Danmaku will give him a lot of help in this fight but I'm not truly sure how these characters works (as in their abilities).

I'm not sure on round 5 since I will need your input @Bambu on this one as you know the characters from D&D.

Note: The size of a Jiao Dragon can reach 1000 feet long (304.8 meters) if he visualize them in the Xiang Dragon Form.

So it sounds like he tenuously breezes through lower tier stuff thanks to range and AP til Soth, at which point it starts to get dicey thanks to Soth being a roadblock for a lot of people (moreso than I expected, honestly).

Round 5 sounds like his worst part since three of the characters in this round are also super-duper geniuses, the stupidest of which (Elder Brain) keeps all memories of a multiverse-spanning civilization over billions of years in its head. Kent and Soneillon are both somewhere above it in the intelligence hierarchy, so his analytical prediction falls short here in particular. He can't really just AP them to death by this round either due to Low 7-B to 6-C AP. Power Mimicry is just resistable by anyone higher (Low 7-B) than him.

So if I had to guess, he falls to either Soth (he can get lucky and just outsmart the guy a few times and take down his throne, somewhere) or, if he makes it to Floor 5 (I think he would, for the record), the Elder Brain, Kent, or Soneillon. Drizzt and Horngaard don't pose a huge threat to him.

Keep in mind he cannot spam abilities indefinitely largely due to the fact that the rules state he is also equalized to D&D- his powers have the game mechanics tied to them that say "Usable 3/day" or some other number.

Soupywolf5 said:
Also since we can make same verse parties of 4, can I put Quincy (Max Level if possible), an Icicle Impale Ice Monkey, and a Prince of Darkness Wizard Monkey into a party with the Super Monkey?
Didn't even see this, yeah you can enter any four characters from the same verse that meet other rules into a team. So... yes, go nuts, how far do they make it?

For the record, really digging the write-ups so far, appreciate the time you guys took to consider it. Very cool. Very gamerlike.

Very well.

Team Insanity (Firey, Puffball, Gelatin, and Robot Flower)

Floor 1: Being a team and all, they would need to get to know each other, its obviously the case for Firey, Puffball, and Gelatin that theyve been in the same team in BFDIA, but learning Robot Flower would be hard for them since neither of them have even met her, but its most likely the same way they treat Flower, and Puffball is the only one to have never met Flower nor Robot Flower, but eventually, they would know how to plan it.

Now for the real action. Simply put, its a real easy blitz thanks to Robot Flower, as she can run at Sub-Relativistic speeds to finish the job. Floor passed.

Floor 2: This is a harder one for Team Insanity, especially a few problematic ones being Allip, who has a thought based Madness Manipulation and Non-Corporeality, but its easily bypassed by Puffball singing this to a trance, incapacitating it. Another problematic one is Aboleth due to Type 9 Immortality, but thats easily bypassed through incapacitation by having Gelatin throw a Freeze Juice Syringe to freeze it, and said freezes can last up to 2 days. Floor passed.

Floor 3: The Kuo-Toas are easy to take out, but sadly, this is where the run ends. They have no way to get past the Cambion due to its Non-Corporeality, and neither of them even have Non-Physical Interaction. While its still possible that Puffball can incapacitate it via singing it to a trance, unfortunately, youre forced to kill it, which they cant. Thus, the run ends here...

Though, then again, Non-Physical Interaction has yet to be there, as they are capable of interacting with Firey, a literal being whose body is just fire. I intend to revise the abilities soon to make them have it, so, the run may be possible. But until then, this is an end.

Don't know much about D&D so sorry if I mess up, Also I'm going to do one floor at a time as I look through the character's profiles

Team BTD

Floor 1: TBH it seems like the Tech Terror blows through this one on his own outspeeding, heavily outranging, and one-shotting his way through everything and while Imps seem intimidating with their walls of Hax (Something I'm easily intimidated by) they don't seem to resist EE, so Annihilation GG

Floor 2: While the enemies here have a few problematic abilities, their lack of range seems to allow the party to attack from afar, the Wizard using summons from killed enemies to safely kill even more and the Ice Monkey's slow-down keeping the creatures at bay, (And Multiple character's have NPI to hit the Allips), despite the Mind Flayer being 8-C and resisting EE the specifics of the Tech Terror's ability means it likely still kills (Due to heavily damaging a High 6-C who also resisted it)

Floor 3: I feel that this is where the challenge likely stops, despite the Kua-Toa's being 8-C the TT's annihilation should take care of them, however due to the abilities cool-down they likely get killed by the Cambion before he can use it again

@Psycho Keep in mind their speed advantage only refers to travel speed. Basically they can move up to 300 ft in the time a normal D&D guy moves 30. Given that they're all 7-B I agree it'd be difficult for them to fail on Floor 1, just pointing out that speed blitzing doesn't translate incredibly well.

Otherwise no complaints.

OH also trancing the Allip won't really work but with a magic weapon they can hit it, one of them would just have to do the deed and maybe get hit a few times.

Soupywolf5 said:
Don't know much about D&D so sorry if I mess up, Also I'm going to do one floor at a time as I look through the character's profiles
Team BTD

Floor 1: TBH it seems like the Tech Terror blows through this one on his own outspeeding, heavily outranging, and one-shotting his way through everything and while Imps seem intimidating with their walls of Hax (Something I'm easily intimidated by) they don't seem to resist EE, so Annihilation GG
All makes sense except for EE, that's standard resistance, ye I know it isn't on the profile but like... promise. Cross my heart. That said, their abilities now scale to AP, so Imp GG'd.

Imps have a lot of their hax negged by being in D&D though, they can't tip the scales of balance between law and chaos as easily as in a neutral universe. They can still soul hax though and BTD can't really affect them much unitl they get the magic weapon after the 1st floor boss (which may or may not be an easy task, depending). See the note on Speed in OP as well, their ability to dodge attacks isn't affected, just their ability to move around the place. Like they can still be hit.

It does seem likely they clear the floor based purely on AP and abilities, too.

Although tbf enemies who resist the Tech Terror's EE are still heavily damaged by it (Including Tier 6 B.A.Ds)

Sound logic. Never expected him to clear since he doesn't have any truly good hax.

Floor 3: Same song, same dance. AOE+AP bodies the Archpriests, however, the Cambions are a problem. They possess passives such as death manipulation, and disease manipulation. Death is not a phlegm, Ren can merely switch to a Persona that nulls/resist/drains deathax. Disease manipulation can be dealt with, but since it's passive, it would spawn again. The maze part spawning is also troublesome, but Ren can just climb up the walls and kill it from the top. It modifying his magic can also be a bit of a problem, but I don't think it'll save it from death. So Ren can deal with this one of two ways:

• AOE spellhax them.
  • AOE physical attack them, and inflict things like confusion or forget. Ren can heal off the ill feeling.
Floor 4: AP+AOE takes care of the initial horde. However, the Horned Devil is Ren's first real threat. It has an AP advantage. However, Ren can soften any and all blows by using Tarunda, which lowers attack, Rakunda which buffs his defense, have physical resisting Personas, and Tarukaja which buffs his AP. Even further he can inflict statuses with his magic, which at this point, he's more likely to use at this stage. Mudo/Hama (Death/Holy)hax will have to be used to ensure absolute victory, but it can also be obtained via lesser means. So, Ren wins here mid-difficulty. From this point on, the traditional buff/debuff of SMT characters starts here.

Floor 5: By far, without question and debate, the hardest floor. While no longer outclassed, he is outmatched in AP, and a battle of stamina. Not to mention, a (optional) 6-C boss. However, he has one secret weapon (scaling from Makoto and Yu, and needs to be added to the profile): OP Accelerated Development. In situations of absolute near death, Persona users experience explosive growth, so much so that Yu and Makoto could access Izanagi-no-Okami, and Messiah, despite being in far weaker keys. This, by extension of Ren being one of the Fool Arcana, should scale to him. So, he accessed Satanael after nearly dying, and uses Sinful Shell, successfully clearing this floor with high-difficulty, and the game.

By the way, I said Robot Flower, not Yellow Face, which you accidentally listed on the OP.

Absolutely blocking Satanael, since that's against the whole within-9-B-to-7-B thing. Also should point out that the 6-C boss isn't optional, you just don't have to kill them. Horned Devil also resists the two things you name unless he has them on insane scale within allowable limits of the gauntlet. you also don't talk about Soth reee

Also like... how does the AP growth thing you're talking about actually deal with the guys up there? Your answer just seems to glance over every BBEG in 5.

Mr. Bambu said:
Absolutely blocking Satanael, since that's against the whole within-9-B-to-7-B thing. Also should point out that the 6-C boss isn't optional, you just don't have to kill them. Horned Devil also resists the two things you name unless he has them on insane scale within allowable limits of the gauntlet. you also don't talk about Soth reee
Also like... how does the AP growth thing you're talking about actually deal with the guys up there? Your answer just seems to glance over every BBEG in 5.
If Satanael is blocked, then his chances are understandably drastically reduced. Mudo/Hama are pretty much instant-kill death attacks that are spawned with a thought, and in the situation here, Ren would likely use the AOE versions of that. Mudo=Death, Hama=Light/Bless (Holy). Considering some of the demons here are weak to light, Hama is Ren'd best bet.

AP growth? It makes him capable of using a Persona far out of the league of everyone in the floors. Because considering the magic limit, he cannot use AOE instadeath skills AND debuff/buff, that's too much magic consumption by the rules, and AOE physicals are risky because he sacrifices his health to pull them off. So, if he were to fight each of them individually, he can either use Gun-skills which negate resistances, and then use Mudo/Hama.

Death stuff is resistable by most, I think Soneillon at the very least would resist given the boundaries of the gauntlet (Low 7-Bs I'll say resist like 50% of the time).

And yeah, ik, that's what I meant, since those guys aren't allowed based on the constraints of the gauntlet (no character higher than 7-B), how does that help him?

Magic reflection is a thing but again, with in verse constraints it wouldn't really affect Soneillon since her magic > Ren's. I agree he could probably manage (though still saying it's not 100% he gets past Soth), but I don't think anything you've said directly deals with Soneillon.

Mr. Bambu said:
Death stuff is resistable by most, I think Soneillon at the very least would resist given the boundaries of the gauntlet (Low 7-Bs I'll say resist like 50% of the time).
And yeah, ik, that's what I meant, since those guys aren't allowed based on the constraints of the gauntlet (no character higher than 7-B), how does that help him?

Magic reflection is a thing but again, with in verse constraints it wouldn't really affect Soneillon since her magic > Ren's. I agree he could probably manage (though still saying it's not 100% he gets past Soth), but I don't think anything you've said directly deals with Soneillon.
I'll probably write up another response tomorrow, bit drained.

All good, this is just for fun m80. I dig the response overall, generally very good entry.

Oh also, my b

@Psycho magic weapons can affect incorporeal enemies. This does mean only one of them can affect the Cambion, since they only get one magic weapon throughout the run, but it isn't over.

Psychomaster35 said:
So, pretty much, any equipment I have is considered magical?
No, but as per the first floor rules, a single magic weapon is given regardless of what your characters have as standard equipment. Meaning at least one member of your party would be capable of hitting a ghost as long as they clear floor 1.

@Bambu I don't see why that matters for the Doublegangers though? There's nothing to absorb or mimic from him in the first place. And even if his time powers don't work on the Horned Devil, and he can't beat him with his attacks, he could just BFR him.

His powers, man, his powers

Again, charcters resist BFR, and you didn't say his powers had any feats on working on a higher scale. I admit you could probably wish something like "This character no longer resists this ability", that makes sense, but we come into a few problems...

• Orikan's powers have no special higher tier functioning, meaning even given that his powers translate into D&D stuff, everything higher than High 8-C resists most of his stuff
  • BFRing the Elder Brain explicitly doesn't work, every boss has to die except for Soneillon- so while it would allow Orikan to live, he'd still fail, assuming he made it that far

But his powers are useless vs a robot without memories or powers to absorb in the first place?

Why do they resist BFR? And his powers work on daemons in 40k, that are functionally similar to devils here, from what I understand.

He doesn't have to BFR him, like I said, it all depends on his wish here. Whether to use to bypass his probability, or to give him false visions of the future so he can dura negg him, or whatever else his supergenius can come up with.

If they don't work on him then that much is fair, but... I mean, are you saying he has no powers? Can you elaborate on his P&A section, then?

BFR isn't uncommo, and is 100% resistable. And while, yes, I can appreciate that, layered resistances take effect here. It's sort of part of D&D's shtick.

What does he do with that then? It's all for fun so be creative m80.

What I mean is they're all technology. Unless they also take non magical powers?

Yeah, but can you show me when he resisted BFR so I know what I'm talking about? And if you mean they resist because they have spell resistance, I'm afraid that's not going to work, because none of his powers are magical in the slightest, that's kinda the whole point of Necrons.

Well, I already gave a couple of examples.

I mean yeah, the only limit impose is Holy powers. Constructs exist in D&D.

did you click the links coz those are a few of the specific feats of BFR people resist It's all standard resistances, not spell resist. Like you can resist spells from the get-go, sure, but most spells effects can be resisted after the fact, here by something called a Will Save.

Sure, but I more mean what's the next step. I think Orikan is one of the closest to clearing since a lot of his powers seem to help him rather than directly **** with enemies, but just dura negging one of the Low 7-Bs doesn't net him a win.

oh also for the record in case it isn't clear, those BFR links? anything that says "Saving Throw: Yes/Fortitude Negates/Will Negates" means it can be resisted by natural standard resistances in verse that everything has. Fortitude tends to be bodily effects (Death/Poison/Paralysis) and Will tends to be more metaphysical effects (Mind/Soul/Causality).

also, for the people who entered characters but don't really want to write up their opinions on it, I'm happy to take a gander if you'll correct any mistakes I happen to make for the person. many thanks for the entries.

Do they have feats of this? And, I mean, even if they do copy them, it won't change much of the outcome though, his powers are pretty useless against himself.

Yeah, but they're all magical. Can you show me when the Horned Devil resisted that not because of spell resist? And google says a Will Save is just resisting mental effects, I don't see how that's useful here. Not to mention a Saving Throw requires you to hit an RNG number to be saved in the first place, which given Orikan's precog and fate manip, it won't prove useful for the Horned Devil.

Why would dura neg not be enough?

Ye, but again, I don't think it matters if he's just immune to his own powers. It might mean he'd have to just fight them 1v1 but with him lacking a mind their OP telepathy would be garbo. So he'd be the better Orikan, so to speak.

Right, but you're misunderstanding this, I think. It isn't resisted because it's magical. It's resisted because it's BFR. You CAN resist it through magic, if you have Spell Resistance, but that isn't the case here, that isn't the default. Google isn't entirely correct, but sure, I guess? I just showed you BFR and that isn't a mental effect. RNG can be avoided by the game's optional mechanic of taking ten.

Because all the Low 7-Bs still have hax, is the issue, just potentially dura negging a single one out of them isn't enough.

The bloody Valkyrie...I was thinking of adding party members but they'll either stomp or get stomped very hard.

Floor 1: She breezes through, her spuit lance heals her if she hits a target too, although she already has a passive regen.

Floor 2: She should holy stomp those without resistance, also death hax with a single hit of her Spuit Lance or AP stomp. Aboleth can't come back after being killed, probably. Mind Flayer gets implosioned.

Floor 3: [Mass Hold Species] Should stop the ritual

Floor 4: I really hope my eyes weren't tired enough to miss some of what she can resist. Anyways, the group fight will look something like this http://tiny.cc/Good-Game- and against the Horned Devil she'll likely lose or maybe even against the Barbed Devils since she only has resistance to soul destruction and I'm not sure if theirs are passive. If she somehow gets past them, I don't know, through [Time Reverse]? Or [Einherjar]? She'll most likely tell the doppels to stop bothering her or she'll just kill them. There is no way she is getting past Soth

Seems fair, that's really good artwork btw, ****'s sake.

She can likely hax anything on lower floors to death by right of just being 7-B (ergo, by D&D logic, stronger hax).

Stops at Soth, eh? I'll add it to the board, you're free to add others if you like.

Back