• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A (Fourth Raikage) Upgrade to at least 7-A in Lightning Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4th Raikage is listed as at least 7-C, Likely higher, which struck me as surprising because I think he has enough feats and scaling to suggest otherwise, falling more in line with the 7-A Mountain Level + cast even without Ōnoki's assitance.

Let's go in 'timeline' order from the events of the manga. Going back to sometime before the 3rd Raikage's death, Ay (4) was a part of the Eight-Tails subduing team. During one of their operations, Ay managed to cut straight through Gyuki's horn while using Taijutsu in his Lightning Armor. This is definitely way higher than an "At least 7-C" feat. And it's not an outlier either, but more on that later on.

82777203-F9FF-4575-9DFF-503625970F65
The next time we say Ay timeline wise is when he fights Minato during the 3rd war. Now while there's nothing in there that explicitly warrants an upgrade for Ay, there's something Minato says in their exchange. He tells Ay that next time they'll be fighting will be as Kage. Minato considered Ay a Kage Level opponent and, while we don't know any of the details, we do know that Ay and Minato fought many more times after that encounter.

AD7792AC-4DF8-427F-967D-C96D31F33A2D
[[
3FCE9B9B-430B-4AD2-B8BF-CDD0090235F0
Minato on his profile is considered 7-A and one of the reasons is for being someone who Ay considered a rival. Now what I'm about to say for this part is lore based scaling rather than pure feats but it's very logical given the context. So as A stated, him and Minato fought several more times after that. As we know, Minato is the type of person to go for the blitz and kill strategy in character, even against fodder, and he always does what he thinks is best for his village. Ay is someone that Minato considered a Kage Level threat. Minato and Ay fought, and while we don't know exactly how the fights went down, we know that Ay survived each encounter. Based on the lore, these weren't one sided fights where Ay was just embarrassed each time. In fact it was after these fights that Ay was known as the second fastest man alive and that his reaction speed is equal to the Yellow Flash's. Basically, though it was offscreen, Ay fought many battles against 7-A Minato, and history knows them as rivals rather than Ay being fodder to Minato. That's another point for 7-A Ay in his Lightning Armor.

Flashing forwards in time to the 5 Kage summit, once Ay entered his Lightning Armor's second level where his hair spiked up, Karin, a sensory ninja, compared his chakra levels to that of a Biju, specifically Gyuki as that was the only one she's directly sensed. She made a direct comparison between Gyüki and the Raikage in his Lightning Armor.

668ED172-D827-4F17-A8C0-E784D8BC1C5C
And we know that by Chakra, she doesn't simply mean the 'amount' he has, but his actual power/chakra potency. For one, it wouldn't make sense for a technique that uses up chakra to increase the amount of chakra you have, and second, In the guidebook, it specifically states that the Lightning Armor raises Ay's battle power. (Yes I know guidebooks aren't looked at as the most reliable sources here, but this entry doesn't contradict canon in any way)

E52F631A-CD72-4383-A734-F31F303016C8
D2FC4A4E-2FE1-4F6A-8253-B6F1F8D4F10B

The next feat we have comes from his scuffle with Naruto. During the beginning of that scuffle, KCM Naruto attempts to blitz Ay and is countered with a punch from V1 Ay which sent him flying back. Naruto, who keep in mind is physically superior to his own Sage Mode incarnation, stated that Ay's punches were heavy, that they could 'hurt somebody', and that he should avoid taking a direct hit from him. A 7-A Naruto who's superior to another 7-A version of himself states that taking a hit from Ay would be bad for him. I think we can all agree that this is a concrete 7-A feat rather than an "at least 7-C, likely higher" feat.

36C07F6C-71B3-4651-8D54-7EA09C5A5F42
65AE96E6-394E-4698-9B5B-58986D40E4D2
3D1609FE-2488-45EB-B51B-3B6AADF55CB5
B4BF356E-7A0D-485B-81AA-D4B065E8A1B7
Going beyond that, once resolved to kill Naruto, Killer B, Tsunade, and Naruto himself didn't say anything contradict that he'd be able to. In fact, Tsunade showed fear, and B had to step in and use a partial transformation using Gyuki's hand to block a basic punch from Lightning Armor V1 Ay. And though it wasn't his full body, partially transformed B > V2 B who's 7-A. He even said that Ay would have to kill him before killing Naruto, implying that A's V1 punch would've been enough to seriously injure or kill KCM Naruto. And once Ay went into V2 to use lightning straight, the notion of getting hit by that attack was one of the reasons that pushed Naruto far enough to perform his iconic feat. It's implied that if he didn't dodge it, he would've died or at the very least wouldn't be in any shape to fight in the war.

6767EE18-6253-450D-85F4-9628469B5962
831DE34F-857D-4749-B6CE-19A22F5C666D
B7BAF5E7-DE71-497F-92B4-2C2F01187312

Next is a durability feat. This durability feat is actually for Base Ay rather than with his Lightning Armor and it scales above another character with 7-A durability. And nothing really implies that his durability > his AP so this can potentially lead to a 7-A Base Ay. Anyways, the feat was simply when A and Tsunade both travelled at Lightspeed using the Etheral Transmission Jutsu. The technique transports the targets at Lightspeed, though nobody besides the 3rd Raikage was able to survive the process due to human bodies just not being durable enough to take it. Ay and Tsunade both decide to use it. Tsunade has 7-A durability and Ay currently has 7-C/At least 7-C. They both transport to the battlefield, and when we see them emerge, Tsunade is seen using Mitotic Regenerationn to heal her injuries, while Ay, in base without his Lightning Armor, was unharmed and even asked Tsunade if she was alright.

E1D84A37-2A25-4277-8791-21454EC184A7
FC15AF51-2EAB-4FFF-AE59-8936B5573CC4
ABF78211-780A-4791-9B30-3EB40B567795

The last set of evidence I have for Ay is during the Madara fight. There's not much here. Early on when he was fighting Madara along with Mei, he hit Madara with a punch that sent him flying though it was blocked, though it should count for something since he's 7-A. But better evidence lies later on when Madara sent out his 5 wood clones with Susanoo to fight the 5 Kage. We see that Mei and Gaara were promptly taken down, with both of them seeming to be giving up and losing hope. It's worth noting that both of them are 7-A at this point. When we see Ay fighting, not only did he block and catch Madara's Susanoo Punch with one arm, he even was still watching out for the others and lecturing Tsunade for getting sloppy.

2FF6DE24-F59C-406B-89D5-47DA5C0402BD
83887CF4-C922-48B0-A468-6C3A94D6F558
794F2AF3-C8B5-46A0-8197-BA6B1A43AA2E
272690F6-E9EB-480B-B4AD-CF3058783221
C208CCA5-5814-4338-8349-E219627579D1
He's also the only one Madara decided to use Genjutsu on, and that was only after he was distracted. So Ay with no Ōnoki amp was able to hold his own against the 5 Susanoo's better than any other Kage besides Ōnoki.
And even if one says that somehow Ay was still Ōnoki amped, if he was lightweight then it would've been even easier for Madara's Susanoo fist to just smash him and crush him, but he stopped the full force of the punch with one arm and was casually talking to Tsunade. Madara at Base Level is listed as 7-A, so his humanoid Susanoo should be pretty high into the 7-A range at the very least, and Ay in his Lightning armor stopped one of those punches and was holding his own against 5 of them at once, only getting outright defeated by getting distracted and hit with an EMS Genjutsu.

So I think that this is enough evidence provided for the Raikage to get an "At Least 7-A" in his Lightning Armor due to the feats, statements, and scaling I've shown. It can even be argued that he's 7-A in Base due to his blatantly superior durability to Tsunade, with nothing showing evidence against his durability being = to his AP like so many other characters in the series.

Code:

Yea. I was just going through certain parts of the manga again which made me check A's profile here. It surprised me that he's listed at 7-C likely higher when he has 7-A+ feats, scaling, and lore when compared to other 7-A's in the verse.

Also sorry for the weird formatting with pictures, it didn't come out like how I expected it too.

A with lighting armour is 7-C meanwhile Mizukage is 7-A in striking strength. This makes no sense,how was that even accepted.

Fixed the images though it still doesn't look as polished it could be, but eh. What needs to be done to get this thread looked at?

There is more than enough context in verse to scale A to 7A now. His high chakra levels compared to Bijus and him being the only rival of Minato plus the fact that he survived the Lightspeed teleportation

This seems pretty solid. The chakra thing is one of the things I remember the most.

Nice work here, BTW.

It seems to make sense, yes, but I am the wrong person to ask.

Madara stated he was not putting any effort into their fight, tsunade has her regen as apart of her durability, and she was able to do way more damage to the susano without an amp. The only feats shown are matching base bee, which youd need to prove bee didnt just match him, him being bodied by wood clones, and him getting negged with genjutsu. The transmission must means they have similar durability in base. Durability isnt AP.

Except Tsunade's thing and what she mainly does is be physically stronger. She was the physically strongest in the Sannin, and even Sakura was one of the outright more physically daunting people when she started fighting in the war despite being around the likes of Naruto, whose ninetails mode boost is above the absurd strength increase of Sage Mode. Her being able to do more damage than him doesn't mean anything, or should we also downgrade the other Kage for not doing as much damage as her?

And no, he matched Base Bee using the 8 tails power. You can't just call these individualized events without something to back that up. Where are the counter feats?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Except Tsunade's thing and what she mainly does is be physically stronger. She was the physically strongest in the Sannin, and even Sakura was one of the outright more physically daunting people when she started fighting in the war despite being around the likes of Naruto, whose ninetails mode boost is above the absurd strength increase of Sage Mode. Her being able to do more damage than him doesn't mean anything, or should we also downgrade the other Kage for not doing as much damage as her?

And no, he matched Base Bee using the 8 tails power. You can't just call these individualized events without something to back that up. Where are the counter feats?
You just conceded that he is weaker thsn tsunade. Yes, the other kage are not relative to tsunade and the raikage. Onki is the most powerful of the kage with his dismantling jutsu. Mei and Gaara are not relative.

Except Tsunade would scale from destroying some of the Susanoo from Madara, who as we have in our profiles is stronger than he was alive, who was also above Tobirama, who is scaled equal or above Orochimaru and Minato, who is Mountain+ from scaling to Jiraiya. If we really accept this Scaling chain, A not being able to damage the Susanoo doesn't mean he can't be 7-A.

Even worse, we have part of Minato's justification for 7-A being his rivalry with A... A 7-C. We also have Mei as 7-A from melting Madara's and SASUKE'S Incomplete Susanoo... The same Susanoo A broke and made Sasuke abuse Amaterasu to try and stop him.

Instead of make this powerscaling, we could just talk that Madara's Susano in a weaker state tanked Chou Odama Rasengan, wich can destroy an entire mountain EDIT: Wtf, I misstap to Sasuke instead of Susano

Tsunade once destroyed Susanoo's first form (Rib Cage) which can tank Naruto's Rasengan.

No one of the 5 Kage can destroy Humanoid Susanoo on their own.Raikage amped by Onoki did it once.And Tsunade punched it into the ground,but that doesn't count cause she didn't destroy it.And Onoki destroyed them with Dust Release,but it is a hax.

Shouldn't the whole "slicing through 8 tails horn" thing be an outlier, since I don't think he has other feats on that level?

7A I definetely agree with, but High 6C is a stretch if you ask me

Just wanted to make sure this thread wasn't forgotten. Additionally, how many staff members need to comment before this is added?

If majority the Knowledgeable staff members of Naruto look at this and agree, just call an Administrator or Ant to approve the rating and go from there I believe

Could somebody write an example of what A's AP / Durability justifications would look like after this upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back