• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Mage CRT Part 5

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
Only 5 of those by now? We gotta pump up these numbers!

New Elemental Techniques​

He raised both fists towards Zerzoregin and activated the Demon Kings’ horns and blood, enveloping his fists in a drill-shaped protuberance.
“‘Black Flame Possession,’ ‘Dark Lightning Possession,’ and ‘Rocket Punch,’” Vandalieu murmured.
Princess Levia cast a flame enchantment on his fists and Kimberley a lightning enchantment, then Vandalieu launched everything that was past his wrists.
“Take this!” said Princess Levia, as Kimberley cackled madly.
Noticing that Vandalieu’s fists were headed straight towards him, Zerzoregin instinctively began moving to use ‘Absorption and Assimilation’ to devour them and steal more Skills.
But in the next moment, he realized his mistake. “A trap! ‘Super Rapid Reaction!’”
Although Vandalieu had launched everything from his wrists downwards, there was no guarantee that this would include his hands. Zerzoregin realized that it was highly likely that Vandalieu had only launched his soul. Wanting to avoid Vandalieu’s attack at all cost, he increased his reaction speed with a martial skill and twisted his enormous joints to try and get out of its trajectory.
He barely managed to move in time, and succeeded in avoiding the attack, but –
“Isla, a wall of ice, please.”
“Yes, Vandalieu-sama!”

With only the upper half of her body protruding from Vandalieu’s shadow, Isla conjured a wall of ice with a water-attribute spell.
“Triple ‘Radiant Destruction Ray,’” said Vandalieu.
Chipuras, Daroak and Berkert, who had transformed into beams of light, flew into the wall of ice, aiming themselves at Zerzoregin’s huge, towering body behind it.
The wall of ice acted as a lens, focusing them and increasing their power as they closed in on Zerzoregin.
“An obvious attack,” said Zerzoregin, creating a shield with the Demon King’s crystals.
The three Ghosts, still in light-beam form, were refracted away from Zerzoregin’s body.
(Chapter 268)
No new abilities, but he can shoot parts of his soul as projectiles and has some new fire, lightning and light spells to put into the Notable A/T.

For the latter, this trick using the ice walls is also worth noting:
“Isla, I’m going to take your wall of ice,” said Vandalieu.
Before he fired the beam of ice from the enormous eyeball, he used ‘Golem Creation’ to change the shape of the wall of ice.
As a result, the beam of light was diffused by the ice. Split into dozens of separate beams of light with different trajectories, they rained on Zerzoregin from all directions.
Zerzoregin screamed and groaned in pain as the beams seared his body.
(268)

Group Control​

From behind, Vandalieu’s fists – manipulated by ‘Group Control’ – returned and dug into him, scorching his flesh even further with flames and lightning.
(268)
It's the superior version of his long distance control skill - in this case used to control his soul fists from a distance.

Application for the cnidocytes​

He already has them, but here's explained what their use is:
More importantly, he’s avoiding close-quarters combat. A pity… If he came close, I would be able to pierce his body with the Demon King’s cnidocytes, and even if the venom doesn’t affect him, I would be able to assimilate him.
Zerzoregin possessed the Demon King’s cnidocytes, a fragment which was similar to the stinging organs of jellyfish. If the user’s body wasn’t enormous like Zerzoregin’s was now, this fragment served no function other than to inject venom into those who touched its needles that were too small to be seen by the naked eye.
But with Zerzoregin’s current size, the needles would be able to pierce the limbs of those who touched him and stop their movements.
(268)

Throwing Range feat​

“Avoid this, if you wish! But who knows what will happen to the people in the city if you do! ‘Chaotic Strike!’” Zerzoregin shouted, firing the black crystals with the power of his muscles and a ‘Throwing’ martial skill.
The ‘Throwing’ Skill was not such a powerful one, but these were the Demon King’s crystals, fired by the Demon King’s muscles. Although there were several kilometers between this place and the city of Alcrem, the black crystals would reach it.
(268)
Vandalieu, using the same demon king fragments, should be equal or superior to this.

Teleportation gate trick​

A little technique that employs the gates of Gufadgarn to have Vandalieu's demon king familiars which are stored in one of her dungeons (i.e. pocket dimensions) fire at opponents.
I will in a later CRT argue that Gufadgarn is Standard Equip for Van, but for now this can just get added as a combo technique.
“Gufadgarn, how are the preparations?” Vandalieu asked.
“They have just been completed,” Gufadgarn replied as she reappeared.
A Teleportation Gate appeared and three black cannon batteries emerged from within.
Gufadgarn had brought the Cannon-type and Cannonball-type Demon King Familiars from the Dungeon Vandalieu had created in the basement of his house in the city of Morksi.
“Aim, set,” said the Cannon-type Demon King Familiars.
“Fire!” said the Cannonball-type Demon King Familiars.
“‘Hollow Cannon,’” said Vandalieu.
With a thundering roar, the Cannon-type Demon King Familiars fired the Cannonball-type Demon King Familiars at Zerzoregin, and Vandalieu unleashed his ‘Hollow King Magic’ spell.
“IMPOSSIBLE! You were supposed to be unable to use the fragments to their full extent!” Zerzoregin screamed.
Wide open, he was unable to avoid the aim of the sentient Cannon-type Demon King Familiars, and unable to create protective layers with his crystals in time. The barrage cannonballs struck his enormous, gray body with huge explosions, and the ‘Hollow Cannon’ pierced through his chest.
(268)

Posession​

And here we have the ability to add this time around.
In any case, I need to get away from this place –
At that moment, a voice other than Zerzoregin’s own echoed inside his mind.
I am strongly opposed to that plan, me, it said.
Who are you?! Zerzoregin demanded.
What are you talking about? Who could I be, other than me? I am a part of me.
Impossible…! There is no separate personality or thinking in my mind!
There are. I desired them, made my followers steal them, and assimilated them, did I not?
Bewildered as Zerzoregin was by the inner voice within him that was both his own and not his own, he realized its identity.
You are the ‘Demon King’ Skill? Impossible. My Mimic Humans never told me that Skills can possess their own personalities!
Yes. I am the ‘Demon King’ Skill, and I am ‘Dark King Magic.’ Or to be more precise, I am the part of Vandalieu’s soul that the Skills were carved into, the thin slice of it that I assimilated.
A part of Vandalieu’s soul! It’s true that Skills are engraved into souls, but… there have never been any personalities in the Skills that I have assimilated so far… Is it because he is the Demon King? Or because he is a demigod?! Is it because his soul has a peculiar form?! Zerzoregin demanded.
I do not know the answer to that, me. If I had to say, I would suppose that it is because of all of those things, the other voice replied in a disinterested tone.
Zerzoregin felt a chilling sensation. The repulsive sensation of being eaten away at by an unknown being.
At the same time, he thought of a possible reason as to why he had not been able to defeat Vandalieu.
You bastard, you put me at a disadvantage in order to allow Vandalieu to defeat me – he began.
That is a misunderstanding, me. I am a part of me. I did everything in my power to try to become the Demon King, did I not? No matter who a Skill belongs to originally, I can make it my own by assimilating it. Is that not my power as the Evil God of Cannibalism and Pillaging?
Zerzoregin was convinced by this explanation. This would mean that the reason he had been defeated in battle was because he was weaker, but he accepted that. Right now, survival was his top priority – wait, why had this voice opposed the prioritization of survival?
Why had it suddenly begun talking in the first place?
At that moment, Zerzoregin realized that he had made a fatal mistake.
That is right, me. I am no longer the Evil God of Cannibalism and Pillaging. A moment ago, I willingly cut Forzajibal away from myself. Therefore, I lost the ability to make stolen Skills my own, the other voice said, its speech growing more polite, and its tone becoming more flat and more like that of a prepubescent boy. I do understand wanting to keep Borgadon, though. You could use him as a hostage, and there might be an opportunity to gather the worship of the people again in the future. But now that things have come to this, you know what I want. Don’t you?
S-stop! Don’t! Zerzoregin said desperately.
Trying to stop me with the strength of your mind is impossible. I have fused with your soul, after all. There’s no way you can disobey your own soul, is there?
In the next moment, it let out a roar that sounded devoid of intelligence as it sprang to its feet like an animal and leapt at Vandalieu.
However, its movements were fatally unrefined. This attack may have worked on the average enemy, but it would not work on Vandalieu. It was as if it were begging to be killed.
“Could it be that Forzajibal’s soul is left inside its body?” Vandalieu said as he unleashed a series of ‘God Spirit Magic’ spells.
Spears of black flames, masses of ice, lighting strikes, and beams of light pierced the vessel one after another, and the once-robust body that had served as a vessel for an evil god fell to the ground once more.

Again, Vandalieu felt the sensation of devouring a god’s soul and the sensation of acquiring a fragment of the Demon King. And –
I’m back, me, said a familiar voice in his head.
… Welcome back, me, Vandalieu replied, feeling exasperated but relieved at the sensation of something that was supposed to be inside him returning to its rightful place.
TL;DR Zerzoregin steals some of Vandalieu's skills, which are also fragments of his soul. Upon that, the skills become part of Zerzoregin, but create their own consciousness and actively manipulate him into losing the fight so that they can rejoin with Vandalieu again once he devours Zerzoregin's soul.

This should be limited possession.

one more bump for good measure

Back