• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(8-C Tournament R2 M11) Spider-Man vs Kazuma Kiryu (1-7)

Spider-Man's Spider Sense is pretty good, especially against one-off attacks, small combos, and predictable opponents, but it gets shown especially in Homecoming and NWH that it doesn't exactly surpass his base speed, and can be overwhelmed by comparable opponents. It just makes him a lot more difficult to hit if you aren't expecting it, and a tad more difficult if you are.

I wouldn't really call Spidey Sense a huge big factor for Spider-Man when Doc Ock who is kinda nothing compared to Kiryu in terms of fighting skills was literally swapping hands and catching Spider-Man with his hits. Like it's still useful to dodge attacks but its not useful to the point that oh Kiryu can't do shit anymore oh no he is in huge huge trouble!

Kiryu clearly has the speed advantage here once he starts using his Rush style. Also a stat amp to AP with Dragon Spirit/Extreme Heat Mode (Which also gives a speed amp) If Kiryu does run out of heat the dude can literally dodge with rush style to gain a shitton of heat again or he would just tiger drop Spidey away with omega force to regain some heat. Kiryu can swap hands with Saejima who fought Majima who was busting out Shadow Clones through sheer speed, if Spider-man somehow, someway has the speed advantage, it wouldn't be super useful unless that amp was omega big which uh oh for Kiryu.

Spider-Man's AP Advantage is also not that big since Heat already increases his stats, the more injured Kiryu is, the powerful he gets. Yeah land some hits there Spidey before Kiryu lands a nasty tiger drop (aka pressure points) to his chest and probably heal if he wanted and the feat they scale to, Kiryu scales higher because the guy who did the feat (Majima) was injured and had a stab wound on his gut. Kiryu's punches would be painful too since his punches are so strong that he forced Majima who managed to go through a year worth of torture to take a break

Spider-Man's main wincon is to restrict Kiryu with LS webs, okay thats one wincon that most likely won't happen all the time like if he can do that shit he should have just aoe webbed everyone he saw in all movies, anyways what else? That's literally it. Kiryu can beat the shit out of Spider-Man in close quarters with the versatility of his heat mode and fighting styles in his arsenal.

He can outhax him with his equipment such as the Drow-Z 55 to put Spider-Man to sleep, its not as likely as the the spider web spam but **** me, thats still a wincon like the Web LS Spam. Spider Sense is gonna be nice but it would be hard to use it effectively when your opponent is faster than you to the point they could do FTE movements casually.

Close Quarters is honestly a death sentence for Spidey, it would end up like Captain America vs Spider-Man but Spidey is facing Captain America who has more abilities under his sleeve and is a lot more skilled.

Like can Spider-Man win? Yes, but that relies on his useful webs if you were to ask me.
Kiryu wins like 8/10 or a 7/10. He wins most of the fights if they were to fight in rounds.

Yeah land some hits there Spidey
Just to confirm, you actually think that Spider-Man can land hit in Kiryu? Because if that's the case why is that he wouldn't be able to hit him with the webs? I mean, he use the webs to restrict as much as he punch and kick, so with just one web landing Kiryu would be ******.
Spider-Man's main wincon is to restrict Kiryu with LS webs, okay thats one wincon that most likely won't happen all the time like if he can do that shit he should have just aoe webbed everyone he saw in all movies
I mean, I'm pretty sure he have restricted with his webs in all his fights, even in that first fight he have in the movies against Captain, it's just that all of them had the means to counter it somehow, in the case of Captain for example he not only had the AP advantage but more importantly the LS needed to do so (the class M feat of Spider-Man from what I remember come from Homecoming, which is after their fight and I think Spider-Man upgraded his suit or webs between that time, could be wrong though). So the main wincon of Spider-Man it's something that he do a lot in character, which mean that it's plenty possible he do it.

Just to confirm, you actually think that Spider-Man can land hit in Kiryu? Because if that's the case why is that he wouldn't be able to hit him with the webs? I mean, he use the webs to restrict as much as he punch and kick, so with just one web landing Kiryu would be ******.
Nah, Kiryu uses his amps such as Rush Style and he wouldn't get hit when combined with percep manip. The webs wouldn't actually **** Kiryu over, He is only ****** if Spider-man goes aoe webs or webs him whole ass body to the point he can't move anymore. I only said that because if Spidey does land hits onto Kiryu, then he essentially becomes stronger because Heat Bullshit.
So the main wincon of Spider-Man it's something that he do a lot in character, which mean that it's plenty posible he do it.
Spider-Man's wincon is literally webbing up Kiryu to the point he can't move anymore. If Spidey just webs Kiryu's hand, he still isn't ****** just yet because Spidey would most likely go into close quarters which ***** him over with Kiryu's superior intellect as a fighter should find a way to counter attack. He would deck out Spidey once they head into Close Quarters.

We still don't know how webs would work with Dragon Spirit/Extreme Heat Mode because if he is in that mode, he can bounce back attacks like it never hit him idk what the others have to say about this but its there.

Spider-Man's wincon is literally webbing up Kiryu to the point he can't move anymore. If Spidey just webs Kiryu's hand, he still isn't ****** just yet because Spidey would most likely go into close quarters which ***** him over with Kiryu's superior intellect as a fighter should find a way to counter attack. He would deck out Spidey once they head into Close Quarters.
Actually no, think it this way, if he in the worst case hit just one hand of Kiryu he would become unable to use it to fight effectively, the force could also make that the hand end sticked to something else like what have happened in many fights, if instead of a hand it's just a leg it would affect greatly his movement, if hit the face it would probably make him blind. Also, he could retain the connection with the hit part with the web, so he would be able to toss around Kiryu. About the intellect part, aside from the own intelligence of Spider-Man he would have to face the assistance of a super AI, so I don't think it would actually be that easy to Kiryu as you point it.

Anyway put my vote for Kiryu if I didn't say, kinda feel like the second he lands a tiger drop Spidey better sing baka mitai

That is 1-5-0 in Kiryu’s favor, I think.

2 more votes
EinelRendezvous also voted Spider-Man, but well, since the rest believe that Kiryu have a perfect victory in which he isn't hit by any web meh, i guess that the next round could be made already if the opponent it's also decided.

Back