• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 3: Kanoh Agito vs Ken Kaneki

Yes but he can still fight with considerable brain damage while actually having his regen severely weakned and negated up to a certain extent
So can Kanoh and show me him fighting effectively with heavy brain damage. That doesn't really matter in the long run as type 2 immortality and Low-Mid don't prevent Knock out's, which is something Kanoh can do with a Dragon Shot Fa Jin right to his chin, rattling the brain and inducing a instant concussion.

. That doesn't really matter in the long run as type 2 immortality and Low-Mid don't prevent Knock out's, which is something Kanoh can do with a Dragon Shot Fa Jin right to his chin, rattling the brain and inducing a instant concussion.
Kaneki will be fighting with his Kagune so he will have to deal with that first before actually landing an hit on him

Also kaneki can regenerate from this so i don't think knocking him out will be that easy

I don't see anything with heavy brain damage here.
Kaneki will be fighting with his Kagune so he will have to deal with that first before actually landing an hit on him
Very potent Analytical Prediction takes care of that, before Kaneki can attack Kanoh will have the advantage when it comes to reacting and moving first. His Kagune doesn't have crazy AoE, it has range but not AoE which prohibits Kanoh from dodging.
Also kaneki can regenerate from this so i don't think knocking him out will be that easy

No damage is done to the head here so that's just Low-Mid which again doesn't prevent a KO from happening.

I don't see anything with heavy brain damage here.
This happens right after this and the quinque is also negging his regen

Very potent Analytical Prediction takes care of that, before Kaneki can attack Kanoh will have the advantage when it comes to reacting and moving first. His Kagune doesn't have crazy AoE, it has range but not AoE which prohibits Kanoh from dodging.

A big range advantage and Kaneki can also change the shape of his Kagune

And Kaneki was being cut everywhere in the last scan and he should also be capable of amping himself even further with his kakaju

This happens right after this and the quinque is also negging his regen

Make a CRT, that's blatant Mid levels of regeneration if he actually regenerated from that albeit lower levels of mid.

A big range advantage and Kaneki can also change the shape of his Kagune

Not that big honestly and again Kanoh has Foresight that he can dodge with. I honestly see little to no ways Kaneki can actually tag Kanoh here considering everyone who's tagged him thus far are people vastly more skilled than Kaneki while having Analytical Prediction on top of it. Foresight and Formless make for a pretty nasty combination, being able to see 10+ moves ahead and being unpredictable, on top of his base evasive skill. Kanoh and Gensai were creating afterimages to fool one another to avoid strikes from one another.
And Kaneki was being cut everywhere in the last scan and he should also be capable of amping himself even further with his kakaju
In the last scan he isn't being cut everywhere, mainly his torso and limbs. His head on the other hand was perfectly intact.

Make a CRT, that's blatant Mid levels of regeneration if he actually regenerated from that albeit lower levels of mid.
He didn't regenerate from it not in the actual battle (mostly because his regen was being negated so we will never know if he actually could regenerate from it) he fought with the brain damage

Kaneki can also amp himself with his kakaju which should be a decent advantage since he didn't use it against eto but had to against Arima. His current ap comes from scaling to Eto

He didn't regenerate from it not in the actual battle (mostly because his regen was being negated so we will never know if he actually could regenerate from it) he fought with the brain damage
Did he not come back with the wounds healed up at a later point?

Still disoriented him quite a lot and it's still different than the entire brain shaking around violently in the skull to knock the opponent out. Internal Fa Jin's essentially work by delivering shockwaves through the bones to effect organs. Dragon Shot in particular is aimed at the chin to shake the brain as violently as possible Building up blood inside the brain to cause the opponent to black out, and it's Kanoh's strongest attack sending someone such as 100% GuiHun Lu Tain several meters into the air, who weights a lot more than Kaneki and has a much more built frame.

Anyway Kanoh also has bullshit levels of endurance so even despite lacking regeneration Kanoh is also capable of fighting through major damage and if this becomes a war of attrition Kanoh can fight for 3 months non stop in a much weaker key so I don't see that ending well for Kaneki.
Kaneki can also amp himself with his kakaju which should be a decent advantage since he didn't use it against eto but had to against Arima. His current ap comes from scaling to Eto
Dragon Shot increases Agito AP, and by combining and Kanoh by switching to Martial arts increases his reaction speed from Formless up to 6x times. Also another thing to note, 100% Lu Tain was 3x faster than before, who was comparable to Kanoh's himself and he still kept up just fine. So unless Kaneki's amps make him more than 3x faster and stronger than Kanoh then he should still be able to manage.

Did he not come back with the wounds healed up at a later point?
No
Dragon Shot increases Agito AP, and by combining and Kanoh by switching to Martial arts increases his reaction speed from Formless up to 6x times. Also another thing to note, 100% Lu Tain was 3x faster than before, who was comparable to Kanoh's himself and he still kept up just fine. So unless Kaneki's amps make him more than 3x faster and stronger than Kanoh then he should still be able to manage.
Their is no number for kakuja amps just upscaling but since Kaneki already has a minor ap advantage the amps should somewhat help make up for the skill difference and the scan makes it look like the guy can't keep using formless alongside with the 6x speed amp that should allow for Kaneki's analytical prediction and limited power mimicry to work for a short period of time. Kaneki can also further amp himself by eating parts of his opponent too and also with his rpl

Last edited:
No

Their is no number for kakaju amps just upscaling but since Kaneki already has a minor ap advantage the amps should somewhat help make up for the skill difference
I wouldn't even call it minor, it's basically non existent due to Dragon Shot and this being Omega Kanoh. Also I doubt the amps will help him here.
and the scan makes it look like the guy can't keep using formless alongside with the 6x speed amp
This is a weakness from KAT Kanoh who at the time didn't eliminate this weakness by combining Formless and Martial arts together during his match with Gensai. This is Omega Kanoh who no longer has this weakness and has only improved since then.
that should allow for Kaneki's analytical prediction and limited power mimicry to work for a short period of time.
Read above and even then Kaneki would get stomped if he tries copying any of Kanoh's Martial arts, as he's comparable to Gensai's Martial art skill. Both of these combatants are leagues and bounds above anything in Tokyo Ghoul, Kanoh's Martial arts being a conglomerate of hundreds of Martial Art schools, both of these guys having Martial arts that takes dozens of years to master of training and conditioning.
Kaneki can also further amp himself by eating parts of his opponent too and also with his rpl
Foresight kinda negates this, and Kanoh has rpl as well but his also allows him to create effective countermeasures against his opponent.

Also for those wondering, Kanoh can dismount and remount with his chokeholds and locks, and can still evade strikes whilst in this position.

Kanoh gets Kaneki in a lock, Foresight sees Kaneki's movements and intentions, gets the **** out of there and rinse, lather and repeat. Using his afterimages he could use as a distraction since Kaneki can't tell the difference between. Uses that moment for a Dragon Shot or to break his neck in one swift moment. Alternatively he could just pull an Ohma and target the neck in order to cause the opponent to pass out momentarily, and capitalize within that time frame. Attacking him from different angles is also irrelevant as Kanoh has no blind spots + Foresight. Aside from being resistant to Kaneki's Analytical prediction, Kanoh's own Analytical Prediction is on Gensai's level who can use his Analytical Prediction to react to opponents who are FTE to him by a tremendous amount. So unless Kaneki can somehow get 4x faster or similar then his rpl won't matter much due to Foresight always allowing Kanoh to stay several steps ahead.

Last edited:
Once again, Agito attempt to grappling Kaneki is like putting himself in dead track. He literally can't escaped Class M, unless you provided me with evidence. Aggressive fighting style are no strange in TG, in fact Kaneki himself fought against several of them actually.

Agito have some cutting/piercing based technique but he will need to do a very quick and precise stab in Kaneki brain, assuming he doesn't meet any resistance.

Arima have several Quinque to block and counter Kaneki while Agito only has bare hands. Of course he can dodge it but not for long until Kaneki manage to pull his leg.

Look again, he literally destroys her Kakuja in one attack so he would scales above her.

Have Agito ever predict something like half a dozen meter long limbs and arms that are flexiable and could bend in multiple direction? This is completely different set up from Agito usual opponent. Despite his tremendous skills, facing against a foreign creature outside of verse knowledge is beyond his skills. Agito can't predict the Kagune trajectory as they do not travel in straight line like normal attack, even if he somehow did, the range and size of Kagune can covered Agito's space which then strangle him.

Dragon Shot have been talked over and over but i found it impractical against Kaneki. Based on the profile description and the evidence, Dragon Shot is a straight punch and Kaneki can evade it via his incredible acrobatics, block it with Kagune or Kakuja armor, or at worse shaped Kagune into sharp weapon to stab him the moment he run up. Actually, Agito doesn't even known about his regen so he wouldn't use strongest move in the first place.

Once again, Agito attempt to grappling Kaneki is like putting himself in dead track. He literally can't escaped Class M, unless you provided me with evidence. Aggressive fighting style are no strange in TG, in fact Kaneki himself fought against several of them actually.
I've already provided evidence, your just being ignorant of said evidence to be frank. No such style such as Formless exist in TG and nobody remotely as skilled exist as Kanoh exist in TG.
Agito have some cutting/piercing based technique but he will need to do a very quick and precise stab in Kaneki brain, assuming he doesn't meet any resistance.
Which he can already do, eye gouging, Fa Jin's, etc. Foresight and Martial art's reaction amp give Kanoh an overwhelming advantage in close quarters and even at a distance.
Arima have several Quinque to block and counter Kaneki while Agito only has bare hands. Of course he can dodge it but not for long until Kaneki manage to pull his leg.
Arima isn't nearly as skilled as Kanoh or Gensai, they might have their bare hands but that's all they need. Kanoh will always be ahead of Kaneki due to Foresight allowing him to react first, and Kanoh can jump.
Look again, he literally destroys her Kakuja in one attack so he would scales above her.
Anime isn't canon, and if Kanoh get that close to him Kaneki is getting his neck snapped.
Have Agito ever predict something like half a dozen meter long limbs and arms that are flexiable and could bend in multiple direction?
That doesn't matter as again, they still have a trajectory that Kanoh can read ahead of time based on a multitude of factors. Agito's Foresight is comparable to Gensai's Foresight which can predict things from any angle, FTE to him and can work on Kanoh's Formless despite his resistance. Gensai has also predicted attacks that are ever changing in terms of trajectory and made by faster opponents such as Ohma and Kiryu.
This is completely different set up from Agito usual opponent.
Not qutie, Kanoh already has counter measures to Kaneki's range.
Despite his tremendous skills, facing against a foreign creature outside of verse knowledge is beyond his skills.
I beg to differ.
Agito can't predict the Kagune trajectory as they do not travel in straight line like normal attack, even if he somehow did, the range and size of Kagune can covered Agito's space which then strangle him.
Bando's Arm Whips, Ohma's Swimming Swallow, and Kiryu's Mangaling of the Fox all beg to differ with that first part. Secondly Gensai already countered Ohma's Flickering Flame and Flash Fire which revolve around engulfing the opponent's space via after image creation. Kanoh would read ahead and bail before Kaneki can attack him and take cover accordingly.
Dragon Shot have been talked over and over but i found it impractical against Kaneki. Based on the profile description and the evidence, Dragon Shot is a straight punch and Kaneki can evade it via his incredible acrobatics, block it with Kagune or Kakuja armor, or at worse shaped Kagune into sharp weapon to stab him the moment he run up.
Dragon Shot is a point blank Fa Jin which has only ever been dodged by those with tremendous levels of Prediction so that's incorrect. Kaneki isn't avoiding a point blank Dragon Shot whenever even people like Gensai had difficulty in doing so. Lu Tain was also 3x faster than Kanoh and 3x stronger, while also being vastly more skilled than the likes of Kaneki was unable to avoid Kanoh's Dragon Shot.
Actually, Agito doesn't even known about his regen so he wouldn't use strongest move in the first place.
Kanoh isn't stupid, he'd realize quite quickly that Kaneki is recovering from his attacks so he'd resort to countering him with a Dragon's Shot.

You want manga feat? Here ya go.

I said to provide me evidence of Agito escaped from someone who got far higher LS than him which you didn't. Formless style doesn't exist but tentacle and body modification do which Agito haven't seen either.

Arima isn't as skilled but Quinque also gave him more option at fighting Kaneki. I already known about Kengan level of skills but skills is not the only thing matter here, range and lifting strength, they are crucial in this matches and Agito lack both.

Unlike most fighters in Kengan, Kagune can change shape and form immediately. Its take a large space which different from punches or after image and each of those can be controlled independently. Take this one for example, large cage that trap enemy inside or spikes come from the ground tell me how Agito gonna avoid that.

I don't know how a straight punch is unavoidable when Kaneki range alone is enough to avoid it.

Last edited:
You want manga feat? Here ya go.
Again this doesn't counter my point.
I said to provide me evidence of Agito escaped from someone who got far higher LS than him which you didn't.
I don't need to, Agito has tactics to get around those with higher LS and higher LS won't allow you to automatically break free from a choke-hold.
Formless style doesn't exist but tentacle and body modification do which Agito haven't seen either.
None of which are are unpredictable as Formless.
Arima isn't as skilled but Quinque also gave him more option at fighting Kaneki. I already known about Kengan level of skills but skills is not the only thing matter here, range and lifting strength, they are crucial in this matches and Agito lack both.
And yet he was able to react to Kaneki's attacks and dodge them. Kanoh is more skilled, has Foresight and can increase his reaction speed.
Unlike most fighters in Kengan, Kagune can change shape and form immediately.
That doesn't really matter, what matters is the trajectory, and Kanoh can read said trajectory. Swimming Swallow changes trajectory with each blow and deals blows from multiple angles.
Its take a large space which different from punches or after image and each of those can be controlled independently. Take this one for example, large cage that trap enemy inside or spikes come from the ground tell me how Agito gonna avoid that..
Via Foresight and jumping out of the holes of said cage just like how Arima did.
I don't know how a straight punch is unavoidable when Kaneki range alone is an advantage for him in this matches.
If he's in close range of Kanoh then he isn't avoiding anything of Kanoh's attacks in CQC. Those with much more potent Analytical Prediction have issues with dealing damage to Kanoh's Formless + Foresight combination. He's much more skilled, has Foresight and can increase his reaction speed. Before Kaneki could even move Kanoh would have seen what he's about to do and proceeds to wreck him.

Skills alone doesn't allow you to escape Class M and Kaneki can extend Kagune from his back so choke hold are unlikely choice.

It is not like Agito have seen someone grow dozen of tentacles from the back or create spikes in a fight. Kagune are flexiable enough to counter against Formless.

Just as i said many times, Kagune cover a great deal of space which are entirely differently from just punches or after image. They basically can limited how much Agito can move or dodge via size and its also give Kaneki hyper mobility which allow him to switch position mid-air and so on.

One more is Agito never seen cage or spikes come from the ground so he wouldn't able to predict it. Given the range of Kagune, Kaneki can pull it before Agito run up to him.

Skills alone doesn't allow you to escape Class M and Kaneki can extend Kagune from his back so choke hold are unlikely choice.
Case by case basis, Agito's chokeholds don't require him to overpower his opponent, matter of fact that's the entire point of chokeholds to begin with. Agito can avoid the Kagune via Foresight. Now telll me, how does Kaneki get around Analytical Prediction and Formless?
It is not like Agito have seen someone grow dozen of tentacles from the back or create spikes in a fight.
He doesn't need to, Kaneki doesn't just magically gain attacks that lack intent or trajectory.
Kagune are flexiable enough to counter against Formless.
Yeah calling BS on this considering even those like Ohma and Kiryu with their insane footwork, Body Control and flexibility are unable to counter Formless.
Just as i said many times, Kagune cover a great deal of space which are entirely differently from just punches or after image.
Not really, the range they cover isn't massive you make it seem as if Kaneki is nuking the entire area whenever he isn't. Kanoh can predict ahead of time and bounce before it happens or as it's happening.
They basically can limited how much Agito can move or dodge via size
Which is BS, Kaneki doesn't have a ridiculous amount of AoE and even his cage attack leaves big enough holes for Kanoh to leap through.
and its also give Kaneki hyper mobility which allow him to switch position mid-air and so on.
Ryuki, Inaba, early contenders in Kengan are capable of doing the same thing so this isn't an issue for Kanoh and given Foresight Kanoh can seal this via blocking off where Kaneki wants to go.
One more is Agito never seen cage or spikes come from the ground so he wouldn't able to predict it.
Kanoh doesn't look into the future so this is irrelevant, Kanoh basis his Prediction based upon the intent and can view upwards to 10+ moves in advance. The first one might take him for surprise but afterwards he'd Predict them just fine. Kaneki isn't resistant to Analytical Prediction let's not act like he is.
Given the range of Kagune, Kaneki can pull it before Agito run up to him.
And as he's doing so he can take over, dodge and so on and so forth. This is blatant downplay tbh.

Agito would need to get past Kagune if he wanted to perform choke hold on Kaneki. The fact that Kaneki have them on the back are natural defense against back attack.

Give me an example of Agito dodging an attack that he cannot see it trajectory or from unexpected spot. I recall that none of Kengan characters have those type of attack.

Kagune are much different from Ohma or Kiryuu martial arts as i've explained above. They are sizeable enough to prevent Agito from moving too much and Agito know nothing about them so predicting them's gonna be difficult giving Kaneki chance to trap him. Unlike the contenders of Kengan, the Kagune can protect him while he's leaping around so he isn't defenseless in mid-air.

For once, i've admit Agito skills and Foresight feats but none of them come close to predicting Kaneki's doing. Kaneki doesn't resist Analytical Prediction but Kagune are whole another level to Kengan usual martial arts and there is more to come for Agito to learnt.

What does Kaneki have in this key and what's his AP?
Oneshoted Eto, which weighs 17.3 Tons of TNT.

And Dragonshot is unlikely to be able to bypass regen, given that Kaneki was able to continue fighting after his brain was pierced by a spear, and this was his weaker version.

Lifting Strength isn't taken into consideration whenever someone has their neck's being strangled. Agito isn't matching his LS with Kaneki via means of overpowering the latter, and with Kanoh's overwhelming skill advantage I doubt Kaneki could figure out a way to break free from Kanoh placing him in a choke-hold and attacking him simultaneously with kicks and knees from point plank, forcing Kaneki to use his hands to block.
Kaneki does not need to use his arms, elbows and legs to release from the grip. It is enough for him to release kagune from his back, which will tear Kanoh or make holes in his body. Moreover, he can wrap his kagune around Agito and start strangling him.

Also, I don't think Kanoh can fully analyze Kaneki's attacks, because the tentacles can easily change their trajectory as they attack. Moreover, Kaneki is able to attack with tentacles from underground and even build whole cages out of it.

This is what Kaneki is doing at its earliest stages and it already shows that Kaneki's mobility will allow him to evade Kanoh attacks. He does all this with his eyes closed, being blinded and will come under attack to take the enemy in a soft grip.
005_W77e.png
006_Smo2.png

I’m confused how the AP thing and chokehold are still being debated. Base Kaneki oneshot Eto, that same Kaneki then got stomped by Arima while fighting defensively with his Kagune getting shredded, got serious and did way better but still lost before finally getting white hair again, smashing the One Eyed Owl Quinque which was Arima’s strongest one and taking the dub. I don’t actually recall Kaneki using his Kakuja in that fight either (tho it’s been a while) so he might even have a further amp on top of what I mentioned.

And the chokehold. No one is going to hug themselves flush against the place that they know their opp spawns his main attack from. Like …. what?

You say that in the TG verse there are not even close to such experienced fighters as Kanoh, but not only is this a comparison of such different things as hand-to-hand combat and a battle to the death with weapons and fencing, but in the Ghoul verse there is a character that has incredible hand-to-hand combat skills. This is Matasaka, who, being a ghoul, devoted his whole life to martial arts. He is one of the most dangerous enemies in the history of CCG because of this.

His speed, ability to read attacks allowed him to completely dominate the early Kaneki. He was able to take kagune's blows with his naked body in order to receive a minimum of damage. And he must also have something similar to Fa Jin, because he could create colossal destruction with simple blows, cause injury to all the internal organs of Kaneki with one blow, although before that he could accept kakuja Yamori's attack without much damage.

However, these same Matasaka's skills were completely trampled by Arima. So the claims that Arima is a much less experienced fighter just don't work.

I don't need to, Agito has tactics to get around those with higher LS and higher LS won't allow you to automatically break free from a choke-hold.
It is enough for him to grab his fingers or kagune in his hands to pull them aside.

Compare this with the child who started strangling you and how easily you can get rid of it with brute force.

Agito would need to get past Kagune if he wanted to perform choke hold on Kaneki. The fact that Kaneki have them on the back are natural defense against back attack.
You don't need to go for the back to get someone in a choke-hold.
Give me an example of Agito dodging an attack that he cannot see it trajectory or from unexpected spot. I recall that none of Kengan characters have those type of attack.
Doesn't matter, Agito and Gensai as I stated above have no blind spots for Kaneki to attack Kanoh from. Kaneki isn't faster than Kanoh and his attacks still travel.
Kagune are much different from Ohma or Kiryuu martial arts as i've explained above.
They aren't much different, Ohma's and Kiryu's stuff are actually changing trajectory consistently so it's even better given that fact + the precision.
They are sizeable enough to prevent Agito from moving too much and Agito know nothing about them so predicting them's gonna be difficult giving Kaneki chance to trap him.
It's AoE isn't enough to cover enough distance that Kanoh cannot jump.
Unlike the contenders of Kengan, the Kagune can protect him while he's leaping around so he isn't defenseless in mid-air.
Agito has already crowned on those with impressive levels of Instinctive Reaction so Kagune defense shouldn't be much different.
For once, i've admit Agito skills and Foresight feats but none of them come close to predicting Kaneki's doing. Kaneki doesn't resist Analytical Prediction but Kagune are whole another level to Kengan usual martial arts and there is more to come for Agito to learnt.
The highlighted part is all that I need to say here. Kagune's aren't resistant to Analytical Prediction, they get Predicted.
I’m confused how the AP thing and chokehold are still being debated. Base Kaneki oneshot Eto, that same Kaneki then got stomped by Arima while fighting defensively with his Kagune getting shredded, got serious and did way better but still lost before finally getting white hair again, smashing the One Eyed Owl Quinque which was Arima’s strongest one and taking the dub. I don’t actually recall Kaneki using his Kakuja in that fight either (tho it’s been a while) so he might even have a further amp on top of what I mentioned.
Kanoh has a very similar scaling chain as I've shown above. 16 tons comes from a weaker KAT Wakatsuki who Omega Kanon scales above and much higher via Dragon Shot. And Kanoh also has his own reaction speed amp which hasn't even been addressed.
And the chokehold. No one is going to hug themselves flush against the place that they know their opp spawns his main attack from. Like …. what?
Getting a chokehold without getting on your opponents back is very easy, something that Kanoh is more than capable of doing.
Kaneki does not need to use his arms, elbows and legs to release from the grip. It is enough for him to release kagune from his back, which will tear Kanoh or make holes in his body. Moreover, he can wrap his kagune around Agito and start strangling him
The first half is fair but that doesn't mean Kanoh can't resort to hit and run tactics. And his Kagune definitely isn't tagging Kanoh's Foresight ability.
Also, I don't think Kanoh can fully analyze Kaneki's attacks, because the tentacles can easily change their trajectory as they attack.
So can Swimming Swallow and Mangaling of the Fox.
Moreover, Kaneki is able to attack with tentacles from underground and even build whole cages out of it.
Underground attacks isn't optimal as Kanoh would notice trembles on the earth and dodge accordingly.
This is what Kaneki is doing at its earliest stages and it already shows that Kaneki's mobility will allow him to evade Kanoh attacks. He does all this with his eyes closed, being blinded and will come under attack to take the enemy in a soft grip.
005_W77e.png
006_Smo2.png
This isn't even remotely comparable to even what Fodder in Kengan are capable of. Ohma was doing this and much more impressive during his fight against Medicine Man.

You say that in the TG verse there are not even close to such experienced fighters as Kanoh, but not only is this a comparison of such different things as hand-to-hand combat and a battle to the death with weapons and fencing, but in the Ghoul verse there is a character that has incredible hand-to-hand combat skills. This is Matasaka, who, being a ghoul, devoted his whole life to martial arts. He is one of the most dangerous enemies in the history of CCG because of this.
Yeah and absolutely nothing Matasaka can do is remotely as comparable to the likes of Kanoh, Gensai and such.
His speed, ability to read attacks allowed him to completely dominate the early Kaneki
Which again, is something dozens of Kengan characters are already capable. Namely anyone notable has some levels of precognition.
. He was able to take kagune's blows with his naked body in order to receive a minimum of damage.
Indestructible and going limp basically do the same thing.
And he must also have something similar to Fa Jin, because he could create colossal destruction with simple blows, cause injury to all the internal organs of Kaneki with one blow, although before that he could accept kakuja Yamori's attack without much damage.
That's not a Fa Jin that's just him having an AP advantage over Ken.
However, these same Matasaka's skills were completely trampled by Arima. So the claims that Arima is a much less experienced fighter just don't work.
Kanoh absolutely clowns on them both in terms of skill.
It is enough for him to grab his fingers or kagune in his hands to pull them aside.
Kanoh has more than enough Foresight so see that coming and avoid it.

You don't need to go for the back to get someone in a choke-hold.

To do this, in any case, you need a close contact in which there is no mobility. In such a scenario, Kaneki simply tears Kanoh with his kagune or corny strangles. To get close to Kaneki and deprive yourself of the opportunity to evade is akin to suicide.

Doesn't matter, Agito and Gensai as I stated above have no blind spots for Kaneki to attack Kanoh from. Kaneki isn't faster than Kanoh and his attacks still travel.

This still applies to the arms, which cannot bend, increase in length.

They aren't much different, Ohma's and Kiryu's stuff are actually changing trajectory consistently so it's even better given that fact + the precision.

Attacks with hands and attacks with dozens of tentacles are still co-ordinally different from each other. You can parry the attack with your hand, pulling it aside, but if you do this with a kagune, it will bend and attack you in the back.

Getting a chokehold without getting on your opponents back is very easy, something that Kanoh is more than capable of doing.

I have already said what the problems of this technique are above. It's suicide. The last person who held Kaneki by the throat, coming at point-blank range, lost his head.

The first half is fair but that doesn't mean Kanoh can't resort to hit and run tactics. And his Kagune definitely isn't tagging Kanoh's Foresight ability.

Kano cannot fully apply this tactic, as he has a much shorter distance. And it costs Kaneki 1 time to grab Kanoh with his physical strength and he will not be able to escape.

So can Swimming Swallow and Mangaling of the Fox.

These are still co-ordinally different levels.

Underground attacks isn't optimal as Kanoh would notice trembles on the earth and dodge accordingly.

Ghouls with incredible flair could not notice these attacks, but can he? Moreover, the shaking of the earth is something common for Kengan and he will definitely not expect something he has never encountered before.

This isn't even remotely comparable to even what Fodder in Kengan are capable of. Ohma was doing this and much more impressive during his fight against Medicine Man.

I'm talking about general mobility. Something like this showed few Kengan characters and it is at least at the level of Falcon and Misasa, which are definitely not food.

Yeah and absolutely nothing Matasaka can do is remotely as comparable to the likes of Kanoh, Gensai and such.

Because... Why?

Which again, is something dozens of Kengan characters are already capable. Namely anyone notable has some levels of precognition.

None of the dozens of characters showed the ability to so calmly dodge enemy attacks of this level.

Indestructible and going limp basically do the same thing.

B cited this as an example of Matasaka being an outstanding martial artist.

That's not a Fa Jin that's just him having an AP advantage over Ken.

Do you really want to say that his bare-handed strikes at the moment when he didn't even awaken kagune (and at the moment when the ghoul awakens kagune, his strength grows at times) are ten times superior to Kakuja's attacks?
Throughout both parts, we have a huge emphasis on Shachi's mastery of martial arts and you can't just say that all the feats he does come from his brute strength, as in the case of Wakatsuki.

Kanoh absolutely clowns on them both in terms of skill.

No, he does not do this, at least for the reasons that I have proved above.

Kanoh has more than enough Foresight so see that coming and avoid it.

To avoid this, he will have to immediately release Kaneki from the grip and retreat

To do this, in any case, you need a close contact in which there is no mobility. In such a scenario, Kaneki simply tears Kanoh with his kagune or corny strangles. To get close to Kaneki and deprive yourself of the opportunity to evade is akin to suicide.
No mobility meaning? Kanoh will have more than enough mobility, that's a major aspect of Formless. Elaborate further if you would.
This still applies to the arms, which cannot bend, increase in length.
Doesn't matter much they're still changing trajectory and coming from different areas, and much less skilled people such as Hatsumi Sen was able to dodge Bando's Arm Whips which bend and increase in length.
Attacks with hands and attacks with dozens of tentacles are still co-ordinally different from each other. You can parry the attack with your hand, pulling it aside, but if you do this with a kagune, it will bend and attack you in the back.
Who said Kanoh was going to parry? He wouldn't do something as stupid as that, he'd avoid it all together by dodging. He can read 10+ moves ahead of Kaneki before he can even move.
I have already said what the problems of this technique are above. It's suicide. The last person who held Kaneki by the throat, coming at point-blank range, lost his head.
The last person who did so also took her sweet time and didn't have Foresight. Kanoh would simply retreat and take cover.
Kano cannot fully apply this tactic, as he has a much shorter distance. And it costs Kaneki 1 time to grab Kanoh with his physical strength and he will not be able to escape.
Grabbing Kanoh is going to be a lot more difficult than you assume, Foresight + Formless.
These are still co-ordinally different levels.
They still work on the same principl, i.e changing trajectory.
Ghouls with incredible flair could not notice these attacks, but can he?
Flair??? What? Kanoh's senses should be comparable to Ohma's own Kinetic vision who's senses are good enough to see the flow of power, visualize his opponents and hear their movements despite being poisoned, blinded and having his hearing disoriented.
Moreover, the shaking of the earth is something common for Kengan and he will definitely not expect something he has never encountered before.
That's not exactly true, Kanoh has never fought against anyone utilizing said shaking against him.
I'm talking about general mobility. Something like this showed few Kengan characters and it is at least at the level of Falcon and Misasa, which are definitely not food.
Ryuki, Inaba, etc. Kanoh's and Gensai's are good enough to create after-images.
Because... Why?
Feats and scaling, he quite literally doesn't have anything impressive in terms of skill in comparison to Kengan Ashura.
None of the dozens of characters showed the ability to so calmly dodge enemy attacks of this level.
They don't need to be calm and Kanoh remained calm after Lu's Guihun and Formless reveal, being calm is literally apart of his personality.
B cited this as an example of Matasaka being an outstanding martial artist.
Not in comparison to Kanoh.
Do you really want to say that his bare-handed strikes at the moment when he didn't even awaken kagune (and at the moment when the ghoul awakens kagune, his strength grows at times) are ten times superior to Kakuja's attacks?
Blatant strawman, I never said anything about a gap that big.
Throughout both parts, we have a huge emphasis on Shachi's mastery of martial arts and you can't just say that all the feats he does come from his brute strength, as in the case of Wakatsuki.
Wakatsuki in canon isn't considered to be a great martial artist so false comparison.
No, he does not do this, at least for the reasons that I have proved above.
Yes he absolutely does, give me a single feat from him that even remotely compares whenever this is literal fodder in Kengan ashura?
To avoid this, he will have to immediately release Kaneki from the grip and retreat
Which he can do.

No mobility meaning? Kanoh will have more than enough mobility, that's a major aspect of Formless. Elaborate further if you would.

All Kanoh can do is change the trajectory of his attacks and slip out of the hands of an equal opponent. It's not even close to impressive, like the mobility of Arima or Suzuya, who run towards a mass attack that hits with an unpredictable trajectory and one touch can kill them. Such pressure attacks are comparable to some kind of natural disaster and the best investigators break into this disaster, walking along the edge and not getting a single scratch.

Doesn't matter much they're still changing trajectory and coming from different areas, and much less skilled people such as Hatsumi Sen was able to dodge Bando's Arm Whips which bend and increase in length.

Do you compare the hands of Bando, who stands still and just waves them to the side, increasing by a certain number of meters, throwing them like a whip and tentacles that have cutting properties, stretch to a much longer length and are controlled many times better? Seriously?

Who said Kanoh was going to parry? He wouldn't do something as stupid as that, he'd avoid it all together by dodging. He can read 10+ moves ahead of Kaneki before he can even move.

As soon as he leaves the kagune's line of defeat, it will immediately turn around and continue to attack him again. Dozens of tentacles from different sides. Moreover, Kaneki can make the tentacles talk to confuse the enemy and deliver a fatal blow.

The last person who did so also took her sweet time and didn't have Foresight. Kanoh would simply retreat and take cover.

Once he grabs Kaneki, Kaneki in turn grabs him. Their collision will cause Kaneki to overwhelm him with a force that is tens of thousands of times greater than Kanoh's. It's like going to fight a bear. To do this successfully, it is necessary to have a close LS, but here we have an insurmountable gap.

Grabbing Kanoh is going to be a lot more difficult than you assume, Foresight + Formless.

Nevertheless, Okubo and Hatsumi handled it calmly. Kaneki will have no problems and there is no reason to contradict this.

They still work on the same principl, i.e changing trajectory.

The fact that they can change their angles somewhat, although not even close to as coordinated, will not help in this fight in any way.

Flair??? What? Kanoh's senses should be comparable to Ohma's own Kinetic vision who's senses are good enough to see the flow of power, visualize his opponents and hear their movements despite being poisoned, blinded and having his hearing disoriented.

Tokita reached this level by comprehending the mastery of Nico Style. There is no reason to believe that Kanoh scales up to his flair simply because he is in the top 5 characters of the verse.

That's not exactly true, Kanoh has never fought against anyone utilizing said shaking against him.

He fought Wakatsuki, who constantly generates shock waves in his battles due to his high strength.

Ryuki, Inaba, etc. Kanoh's and Gensai's are good enough to create after-images.

Ruyki's mobility lies in the fact that he dives under the enemy and is abruptly thrown up. This has already been done by Akoya, Himuro and Naidan. The moment of his disappearance from the field of view is nothing more than an artistic device, because all the characters against whom it was used reacted to it. The same applies to the ******** images. They arise only when there is a gap in speed between the opponents and is an artistic device. And it works just like the ability of a fighter named Fantom, who sent his presence to the enemy, bypassing the foresight. This is not an illusion, but a tactic.

Feats and scaling, he quite literally doesn't have anything impressive in terms of skill in comparison to Kengan Ashura.

No, we already have the ability to compensate for incoming damage, create impulses that damage the internal organs of an opponent who could not be penetrated by much more destructive attacks, the ability to change the trajectory of attacks right during the jump and attacks from eastern martial arts. I don't understand why you are so stubbornly ignoring this. Okubo and Gaolang, who were incredible MMA fighter and boxer, created an incredible problem for Kanoh, and here is a more experienced fighter who breaks the tops of the TG verse without resorting to his natural amplifier.

They don't need to be calm and Kanoh remained calm after Lu's Guihun and Formless reveal, being calm is literally apart of his personality.

The difference is in the language barrier. By calm, I didn't mean an emotional state, but a degree of lightness. That is, calmly = without making an effort.

Not in comparison to Kanoh.

If Kuroki had the 8-C key, I would be interested in betting it against Matasaka if more people than 2-3 participated in the discussion.

Blatant strawman, I never said anything about a gap that big.

But it implies this itself. Shachi turned the organs into mush with one blow of his fist, or at least caused profuse bleeding and forced him to fall to his knees, having no chance to get up. The same Kaneki calmly regenerated a lot of holes in his stomach, got up after being thrown into the wall like a kakuja Yamori projectile and got up after a lot of attacks on vital organs. This either implies that his physical condition without using kagune >>>>>> the full brute power of kakuja ghouls or that he uses Fa Jin attacks, or something similar that harms internal organs by destroying them
Wakatsuki in canon isn't considered to be a great martial artist so false comparison.

Yes he absolutely does, give me a single feat from him that even remotely compares whenever this is literal fodder in Kengan ashura?

Kengan Ashura fighters begin to experience difficulties against opponents with weapons when it is something more than a bat and an iron pipe. The maneuverability of the top investigators of the senior class and above, as well as ghouls above SS rank, puts them at a dead end.
This moment puts Suzuya, Arima, Kaneki and other high-top TG characters on a completely different level

14.png
15.png
17.png

Back