• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 8 (Mordekaiser vs Jonathan Kappel)

well morde already bypasses resistances to magic passively so that is useless. and he has no resistance to mordekaiser just pulling out his soul and doing whatever he wants with it.

I dont know how his subjective reality would react to his soul being removed but apparently it only works once per day.

Theorically, one can't simply ignore resistance of a being of elevated gnosis unless it has higher gnosis than the character (also the description confuse me a little, his magic ignore magic resistance, or just ignore magic that enhance resistances).

Naturally, can't use Reality and Fantasy if he is instantly killed (or I think that os what I believe so).

Doesn't Magic Penetration in LoL simply ignore magic resistance in the sense of causing complete damage from magic attacks? Is kinda different from MR from Anima (that depite its name, it cover supernatural and animic effects in general).

They are mechnaically different: MR in low reduce magic damage, in Anima it doesn't, one can still cause complete damage regardless of the level of MR. MR is to defends against SEI in general.

magic resistance in the game is indeed just damage resistance but the point is (as it name points out) that magic is reduced in power.

That would stop Kappel from resist via conventional resistances or through his elemental immunity, and he can still use magic to amp himself or use hiding (in fact, considering that he doesn't have projection that much increased, that his way of fighting).

considering the fact that mordekaiser has an aoe soul drain and and is the size of a mountain in this key, I don think hiding helps.

If the soul draining its an innate ability of him then most likely Kappel resist, as the max difficult of a being demi-god (or inferior some times) is not higher than 140 (with the exception of the fax shenaniganz of the Al-Djinn), so Kappel would have just a 5% of being affected (and still can amp resistances).

If made by conjuring and spell casting, guess it vary depending of the INT level of Mordekaiser. Also, being drained would stop someone from being hiding, so Kappel can still hide and then summon a tier 6 being.

He has no resistance to soul manip on his profile. Considering it is a constant effect 5% chance does not really matter he would be drain at some point. and it is instant he has no time to stay hidden. I am really not getting what you are saying here...all these random number and INT levels and shit do not apply to mordekaiser in anyway since he does not have these stuff...

INT its intelligence... come on, it was pretty obvious. I can't simply say that Kappel have a 100% chance to resist/no-sell, so I'm "equalizing" to set a reference.

Yes I know it is intellignence but how are we going to go on to start equalizing the INT of characters in other verses.

Well lets see, for Int Mordekaiser spent centuries accumulating knowledge over the course of his reign as well as spent millenia in a realm doing nothing but learning so...

WeeklyBattles said:
Mord's soul has is in the bare minimum hundreds of thousands, potentially millions
Doesn't really means much in anima as range and difficulty are independents (Dementia for example have the same value [vary with time] regardless if affect a building or a metropolis, and Omega affected a world with his Combat Aura ) so it depends depends how LoL treat it.

I want to notice, that having to much time living and studying doesn't mean is has elevated INT, The Nameless for example studied several thing through two millenia, but it has just INT 7.

Another example is that Baal, despite having access to infinite knownledge, only have INT 15. For reference, absorving the soul via spell (necromantic spell) have a difficulty of 160 at INT 14, and controlling the undeads of the wolrd (necromantic spell) 160-180 (INT 14-16).

how about having the intelligence to create your own world of death after wiling yourself from being erased in the original.

Mmm, that doesn't sound a feat of intelligence, just to have the power to do so. But, by practical effects, I'll assume his soul draining or any magic (although, detection ones generally are more difficult toavoid, in case he have one) have at most 160, in whose case, Kappel would have a chance of 65% to not being affected or reduce its effects.

Plus, in case he is too damaged do the life-force draining, he can just heal himself (in case you wonder, curing effects can heal Sacrifice Damage, so not being physical wouldn't stop him from healing him).

Intelligence is also a massive requirement. He knowledge of magic is only paralleled by really powerful demigods, gods and above.

Considering that it is no trouble for morde to spam this drain, I think 65% is enough. He can also put whatever is summoned into the death realm to be erased.

Whatever is summoned can also have the resistance of Kappel, and he can bless them (granting them resistance too), so its also have their chance (plus, he can summon whatever he wants, so he can just made up a criature that counter Morde's powers). Once blessed, the chance to be affected by something its just reduced to 15%

Just want to point out that Mord can steal a portion of all of Jon's resistances, strength, durability, speed, magical power, etc. with a thought

And Kappel can resist, although to make sure, I would like to known the nature of the power.

Yeah that is a LOT of resistances to just not have on his page my guy

Although i dont see where it says he resists his magic power or physical strength being stolen

There's also a lot of resistances missing even on that list from what another Anima knowledgle told me.

It's the same shit as DnD.

In DnD you can't undress ladies tho... And 5e system sucks.

Welp, yeah, as I said in the blog, there's even more resistance, I put those example so people get the idea: if it directly affect the body, mind or its animic/supernatural, it can be resisted. Evn more, as the player can create whatever ability he wants, and abilities that aren't supposed to be resisted be resisted if the pc wishes.

Only exceptions are gnostic based abilities, as they influence the nexus rather than the target.

Can't we use the blog for reference during the time being? I can add it, but it will delay the brackets as I'm no longer using the pc (unless Crimson wants to do it for me).

Didnt you and Crimson say that there were more resistances than what is listed there?

It would be much easier for this match to just have them concise on the proifile

Guess I would need to add those resistances to all the other profiles... I shouldn't have created that amount...

Copy and past the resistance is not quite the problem, but its possible that I (or someone else... yeah, sure) find more resistances that I missed. Plus, I also need to add the abilities based on secundaries... That most likely I should make a blog about it as well. What tiresome is create a verse by one alone.

Back