• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Vi vs Lü Bu

Here we go.

So first things first, we all know that Lu Bu’s whole schtick is being way above everyone else in stats so the default assumption is that he just stat stomps and that’s that. In the Lu Bu spin off from which most of the stuff I am about to bring comes from, he and Dong Zhuo decide to punch each other in the face with Lu Bu being impressed by Dong Zhou’s punch which even drew blood yet DZ pointed Lu Bu at Sun Jian for someone strong. He also later exchanges a series of blows with Dong Zhuo before killing him so this isn’t just Lu Bu holding back a ton (will add the scans for that later. Edit: Added them).

Now that I’ve established they are comparable and we know it’s not just a stat stomp, in this link we get Sun Jian’s skill which lets him copy other generals (who are among the best warriors in China, including the best spearman in all of China who was a master at 15, and Mu Shun who has a OHKO move that he can just whip out) and adapt their moves to his own weapon and style by seeing their technique from behind, know whether a move will work on Lu Bu after seeing the goat one shot eight guys without trying, can predict 39+ potential moves Lu Bu can do after seeing 9 one shots, decides their shit doesn’t work even with his comparable stats to Lu Bu, and created Musashi Miyamoto’s “supreme technique” from the Niten Ichi Ryu style 1400 years before Musashi and Kojiro were alive. As the supreme technique of Musashi’s style, this means that Sun Jian would scale to anything living Kojiro could do (since Musashi > living Kojiro) such as incorporating the movements of all wildlife Kojiro saw into his style, sensing how a master’s best technique is done just by stepping in a room where it was performed etc. I’m sure Azontr can get his Kojiro skill Bible for more on that.

Lu Bu has some of his own skill feats too though they are rather lacking in number because bug muscles are the meta. He is able to make an “impossible shot” for a bow and arrow just by yeeting a giant ass flagpole over an entire army of 30,000 guys, he is specifically stated to counter Sun Jian’s predictions by purposely using an incomplete Sky Eater which is such a bizarre and unfitting stance for his weapon that it can’t be predicted, and experience is “irrelevant” to him. While that is something that sounds like fluff, it actually has basis in the fact that he can read your predictions (as shown by Kojiro, AP is done through “experiencing” the opponent’s moves) and has a move that can’t be predicted. When he was younger and hadn’t even reached his full potential, he went to Rome where he fought against Octavius who has incomparable skill with a sword. Considering the Titanomachy (gladiator tournament to establish the best warrior in Rome) participants (one guy has 249:0 w/l ratio and another is the “masterpiece” of Sparta so Leonidas eat your heart out) come from across Europe, Africa and west Asia (Rome is obviously aware of Alexander’s conquests as far as India), they would know about the skill of such places when making the claim. Octavius is able to tag and harm Lu Bu so Lu Bu casually weaving his sword strikes barehanded and catching his attack is relevant skillwise (sucks that Octavius is a glass cannon). Lu Bu as a child can avoid an attack from behind that he couldn’t see while pinned by someone else so Octavius tagging him is legit.

Note: The site I was grabbing scans from is buggy rn so I’ll add the Titanomachy stuff after.

Edit: Done

Fear hax link is here. Lu Bu terrifies people into submission by taking a walk, scales above Yang Dayan who makes crying babies go quiet with his presence (not even by seeing him), parts 30,000 troops like the Red Sea on Red Hare, spooks Sun Jian and the horses without them even realising he was there, Sun Jian later states he is even scarier when they meet a second time and makes the man sweat from his presence, the sight of him terrifies Sun Jian’s army, him and Sun Jian facing off scare 100,000 soldiers, makes Sun Jian hallucinate his death, an incomplete Sky Eater makes him even scarier and Sun Jian thinks he is guaranteed to die just from fighting him, and the most impressive part is that he scales above Dong Zhuo who can make Wang Yun age a decade or two, turn his hair white and make it fall out just from turning his attention to him.

Last edited:
Here we go.

So first things first, we all know that Lu Bu’s whole schtick is being way above everyone else in stats so the default assumption is that he just stat stomps and that’s that. In the Lu Bu spin off from which most of the stuff I am about to bring comes from, he and Dong Zhuo decide to punch each other in the face with Lu Bu being impressed by Dong Zhou’s punch which even drew blood yet DZ pointed Lu Bu at Sun Jian for someone strong. He also later exchanges a series of blows with Dong Zhuo before killing him so this isn’t just Lu Bu holding back a ton (will add the scans for that later).

Now that I’ve established they are comparable and we know it’s not just a stat stomp, in this link we get Sun Jian’s skill which lets him copy other generals (who are among the best warriors in China, including the best spearman in all of China who was a master at 15, and Mu Shun who has a OHKO move that he can just whip out) and adapt their moves to his own weapon and style by seeing their technique from behind, know whether a move will work on Lu Bu after seeing the goat one shot eight guys without trying, can predict 39+ potential moves Lu Bu can do after seeing 9 one shots, decides their shit doesn’t work even with his comparable stats to Lu Bu, and created Musashi Miyamoto’s “supreme technique” from the Niten Ichi Ryu style 1400 years before Musashi and Kojiro were alive. As the supreme technique of Musashi’s style, this means that Sun Jian would scale to anything living Kojiro could do (since Musashi > living Kojiro) such as incorporating the movements of all wildlife Kojiro saw into his style, sensing how a master’s best technique is done just by stepping in a room where it was performed etc. I’m sure Azontr can get his Kojiro skill Bible for more on that.

Lu Bu has some of his own skill feats too though they are rather lacking in number because bug muscles are the meta. He is able to make an “impossible shot” for a bow and arrow just by yeeting a giant ass flagpole over an entire army of 30,000 guys, he is specifically stated to counter Sun Jian’s predictions by purposely using an incomplete Sky Eater which is such a bizarre and unfitting stance for his weapon that it can’t be predicted, and experience is “irrelevant” to him. While that is something that sounds like fluff, it actually has basis in the fact that he can read your predictions (as shown by Kojiro, AP is done through “experiencing” the opponent’s moves) and has a move that can’t be predicted. When he was younger and hadn’t even reached his full potential, he went to Rome where he fought against Octavius who has incomparable skill with a sword. Considering the Titanomachy (gladiator tournament to establish the best warrior in Rome) participants (one guy has 249:0 w/l ratio and another is the “masterpiece” of Sparta so Leonidas eat your heart out) come from across Europe, Africa and west Asia (Rome is obviously aware of Alexander’s conquests as far as India), they would know about the skill of such places when making the claim. Octavius is able to tag and harm Lu Bu so Lu Bu casually weaving his sword strikes barehanded and catching his attack is relevant skillwise (sucks that Octavius is a glass cannon).

Note: The site I was grabbing scans from is buggy rn so I’ll add the Titanomachy stuff after.

Fear hax link is here. Lu Bu terrifies people into submission by taking a walk, scales above Yang Dayan who makes crying babies go quiet with his presence (not even by seeing him), parts 30,000 troops like the Red Sea on Red Hare, spooks Sun Jian and the horses without them even realising he was there, Sun Jian later states he is even scarier when they meet a second time and makes the man sweat from his presence, the sight of him terrifies Sun Jian’s army, him and Sun Jian facing off scare 100,000 soldiers, makes Sun Jian hallucinate his death, an incomplete Sky Eater makes him even scarier and Sun Jian thinks he is guaranteed to die just from fighting him, and the most impressive part is that he scales above Dong Zhuo who can make Wang Yun age a decade or two, turn his hair white and make it fall out just from turning his attention to him.
Deadass I need to finish reading the spin off, wtf is all of this bruh 😭

Bro, you don’t even understand how dumb some of this shit is. If it wasn’t for Dong Zhuo saying Sun Jian scaled, I’d have nothing here lmao. The TLs are a few chapters behind I think but I’m hyped for more. I want more stuff with young Lu Bu just massacring goobers but I doubt it’s gonna happen again.

We all that Lu Bu was Unga bunga but we have been shown the light 😭
Glad you turned away from heresy and embraced Chinaman as Himothy Himmerson. I remember arguing on the RoR GD that Lu Bu and Thor were top tier af and peeps called me crazy. Who’s laughing now? 😆 😂 😭

Here we go.

So first things first, we all know that Lu Bu’s whole schtick is being way above everyone else in stats so the default assumption is that he just stat stomps and that’s that. In the Lu Bu spin off from which most of the stuff I am about to bring comes from, he and Dong Zhuo decide to punch each other in the face with Lu Bu being impressed by Dong Zhou’s punch which even drew blood yet DZ pointed Lu Bu at Sun Jian for someone strong. He also later exchanges a series of blows with Dong Zhuo before killing him so this isn’t just Lu Bu holding back a ton (will add the scans for that later).

Lu Bu has some of his own skill feats too though they are rather lacking in number because bug muscles are the meta. He is able to make an “impossible shot” for a bow and arrow just by yeeting a giant ass flagpole over an entire army of 30,000 guys, he is specifically stated to counter Sun Jian’s predictions by purposely using an incomplete Sky Eater which is such a bizarre and unfitting stance for his weapon that it can’t be predicted, and experience is “irrelevant” to him. While that is something that sounds like fluff, it actually has basis in the fact that he can read your predictions (as shown by Kojiro, AP is done through “experiencing” the opponent’s moves) and has a move that can’t be predicted. When he was younger and hadn’t even reached his full potential, he went to Rome where he fought against Octavius who has incomparable skill with a sword. Considering the Titanomachy (gladiator tournament to establish the best warrior in Rome) participants (one guy has 249:0 w/l ratio and another is the “masterpiece” of Sparta so Leonidas eat your heart out) come from across Europe, Africa and west Asia (Rome is obviously aware of Alexander’s conquests as far as India), they would know about the skill of such places when making the claim. Octavius is able to tag and harm Lu Bu so Lu Bu casually weaving his sword strikes barehanded and catching his attack is relevant skillwise (sucks that Octavius is a glass cannon).

Curious how Lu Bu is fair if he just passively fearhaxes everyone in the tourney into submission...

His fear hax is a bit odd because the first example the spin off shows is him taking a stroll so we don’t have much in the way of context however soldiers typically don’t ever get scared unless he is flexing his aura so it’s really just civilians that get passived. Him making the soldiers shook is when he is actually interested in fighting someone who isn’t them (cuz they trash).

I tried to tell them not to let him in but they wouldn't listen
Look … I hadn’t done my reread yet ok? Plus I’d argue him scaling to Kojiro in anyway would be the real issue here. Fear hax doesn’t exactly GG anyone besides making them stand still and eat Sky Eater to the face.

It's just fear hax, it ain't going to change much
Look … I hadn’t done my reread yet ok? Plus I’d argue him scaling to Kojiro in anyway would be the real issue here. Fear hax doesn’t exactly GG anyone besides making them stand still and eat Sky Eater to the face.
I mean...yeah? If you make it so that just by existing your opponent is just too scared to fight back or avoid your attacks, that kinda feels a bit much for this tourney lol

I argued him not getting in for reasons bar fear hax, such as his high AP (which the tournament highly discouraged) and skill, but I digress.

Stg we got some rock in R1 that debuffs the shit outta their opponent while buffing the hell out of themselves and dropping aoe nukes or the (former) RPL+RE dragon. Fear hax really ain’t the worst thing here rn

Edit: His skill was non existent before I came along so that argument was odd lol. But it’s fine, just swap Lu Bu out for Qin. Lu Bu > living Qin ~ that one god > nukes.

Then there’s me submitting one of the weakest characters in the tournament because I like his abilities even if they aren’t very haxy.

This tournament seems very mismanaged 🗿
Cut me some slack, this is the first tournament I'm making, haha.
Lu Bu seemed like a ball of stats from his profile. I wasn't aware of all that skill since his profile doesn't mention it.
Also, the Kamen Rider guy was rejected.

Stg we got some rock in R1 that debuffs the shit outta their opponent while buffing the hell out of themselves and dropping aoe nukes or the (former) RPL+RE dragon. Fear hax really ain’t the worst thing here rn

Edit: His skill was non existent before I came along so that argument was odd lol. But it’s fine, just swap Lu Bu out for Qin. Lu Bu > living Qin ~ that one god > nukes.
Unfortunately, Qin isn't 7-B, so no.

I'm sorry!!! 😭
I can relate to the trouble of balancing tournaments lol
Reminds me of the time I made a tournament and had to disqualify my own character, because everyone else that nominated characters didn't consider that the ability to fly completely defeats all their nominations.
Sometimes it just be like that...

I can relate to the trouble of balancing tournaments lol
Reminds me of the time I made a tournament and had to disqualify my own character, because everyone else that nominated characters didn't consider that the ability to fly completely defeats all their nominations.
Sometimes it just be like that...
I vaguely remember a tournament where there was a flying character that was considered too much. Might have been that one

Unfortunately, since Lu Bu seems too much for the tourney (I'm sorry!) and things already started, I think I'll advance Vi by default.
Unlike Round 1, where there was a fighter ready to replace Tatsumi, that's not the case here (all nominations towards the end were too haxed)

Unfortunately, since Lu Bu seems too much for the tourney (I'm sorry!) and things already started, I think I'll advance Vi by default.
Unlike Round 1, where there was a fighter ready to replace Tatsumi, that's not the case here (all nominations towards the end were too haxed)
It’s not your fault goldenscorpions.

It’s pretty normal on this forum to get into these situations. You’re fine

Back