• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 8 (Mordekaiser vs Jonathan Kappel)

The effect of Blessing its actually a +20 to any action (plus +20 to +30 to resistances depending of the degree of the spell), so is not just AP, its attack ability and defense ability (combat, speed, accuracy, etc).

@Antonio Unless its an activatable amp and not something passive it would be equalized, meaning it wouldnt do much of anything to help him in the speed department

Edwellken said:
That's not unavoidable, especially to someone with teleportation.

Not really since it won't one-shot.

The "sheer ap" isn't really all that much.

"Attacking across planes of existence" is range. Dimensional travel is what's listed, and it doesn't imply anything in its description that would allow for his attacks to ignore dimensional teleportation on their own.

That's probably a question for Antonio tbh.
With equalized speed it is

A piercing attack with 4x ap and multi-kilometer range would oneshot him yes

No actually its not, there was a long and very heated thread about it back when bayonetta was being revised and yhe conclusion that "cross-dimensional/universal/etc.' is not range. Mordekaiser is able to attack across realms, teleporting to another realm wouldnt allow him to avoid the attack.

Its not passive, its made by casting the spell, once done that, it will remain active unless he decide to stop manteining.

@Weekly

Speed equal doesn't remove the opponent's ability to dodge, though.

Well for one, the ap advantage would only be 2x due to being halved, and for two, since when does range amplify an attack's ability to one shot?

What? I feel like we're both mistaking what the other trying to say because that actually makes no sense. Attacking across "cross-dimensional/universal/etc." with one's own attacks (independently of dimensional travel allowing you to go there personally of course) would easily be Low Multiversal. It's right there on the Range page. If what you're saying is that dimensional travel shouldn't translate to range, then I obviously agree.

If the attack were human sized then i would agree but its not, it is multiple kilometers in size. He would have to cross multiple kilometers jist to avoid the attack while the attack is moving at him at the same speed.

Range doesnt amplify it, what amplifies it is the fact that its a piercing attack.

It was agreed that a character who can attack across dimensions wouldnt jave low multiversal range, thats the range rating bayo had before that debate and it was removed as a result

Yeah, but, why teleportating to any place in the world or existential plane wouldn't help him to avoid the AoE attack? And even if Morde's attacks have can affect another plane or dimension, how could he possibly known where Kappel is localized?

Also, AoE attacks aren't stronger if they hit an small target, they just cause complete damage (assuming they aren't a conventional explosion, and work as other AoE attacks in Anima).

What attack exactly is being used here again? Anyway, teleportation, cross-dimensional or otherwise can cross that distance instantly. Kappel's stated to be able to "teleport at will anywhere in the world" without limitation, so dodging kilometers sized attacks should be simple.

Right. What I'm saying is that still doesn't allow for a one shot.

Well, that's weird but ok. Not sure how you'd qualify for Low Multiversal then, but if Mord can attack across dimensions here, that's all that matters for this particular thread. (I'd argue that it should count for low multiversal, but that's a topic for another time.)

I guess I will start counting explicit votes.

Kappel: 1

Morde: 0

Kappel: 1

Morde: 1

As far as I can see, those reasons are "soul hax or EE" (which gets resisted) and "one shot" which is false and been debunked.

Anyway, voting Kappel for Antoniofer's and my own reasons.

Edwellken said:
As far as I can see, those reasons are "soul hax or EE" (which gets resisted) and "one shot" which is false and been debunked.
Anyway, voting Kappel for Antoniofer's and my own reasons.
No, those have a chance to be resisted and are easily spammeable.

@Rock

Existence Erasure can be resisted by passing a difficulty check of 120 and Soul Manipulation is like 80 or 100. Meanwhile Kappel has 135 MR in base. It gets passively resisted.

Except you cant just count soul manip and existence erasure just like that you cant tell me he can resist soul manip or EE no matter how poerful it is because that would be an NLF, what level of soul manip resistance does 135 MR give you.

Antoniofer said:
Doesn't really means much in anima as range and difficulty are independents (Dementia for example have the same value [vary with time] regardless if affect a building or a metropolis, and Omega affected a world with his Combat Aura ) so it depends depends how LoL treat it.

Edwellken said:
What attack exactly is being used here again? Anyway, teleportation, cross-dimensional or otherwise can cross that distance instantly. Kappel's stated to be able to "teleport at will anywhere in the world" without limitation, so dodging kilometers sized attacks should be simple.

Right. What I'm saying is that still doesn't allow for a one shot.

Well, that's weird but ok. Not sure how you'd qualify for Low Multiversal then, but if Mord can attack across dimensions here, that's all that matters for this particular thread. (I'd argue that it should count for low multiversal, but that's a topic for another time.)
Melee.

It does due to being a piercing attack.

He can

What does he have in his character sheet its an interpretation of what he can do (its generally accurate in Anima, being the range the only thing it changes from gp to lore), its made so people have an idea of how resistances works, it is way better than simply say "lol he resist".

Resistance negation in LoL can bypass the resistancs of people who nope all supernatural powers up to 4-B by existing btw

Resistances and AP are indepent, so it doesn't mean much; also, as stated above, magic penetration just bypass damage reduction, and even if it somehow ignore MR, it wouldn't be possible, one can't simply ignore the resistances of a being of superior gnosis.

In lore it does not just bypass damage reduction, it bypasses the resistance entirely, as well as barriers made specifically to resist them

Oh and Jons ability to amp his durability is negated by the fact that hes a single opponent, meaning mordekaiser's melee attacks would be 2x their normal ap

He will be alone the first seconds the battle start, then a bunch of fantasy beings will be summoned to his aid. Also, x2 damage amp would nullify only the amp is x2 too, but it is higher than that (from 270 to 290 for example one its already amplifing 7-A to Low 6-B).

Summons do not nullify his 2x bonus, just putting that out there.

Pretty sure amping to low 6-B would be banned in this match. Also if he can amp to low 6-B shouldnt that be on his profile?

Low 6-B start at 300, but he can amply up to 290 (not the 1.99 teratons but pretty close), the amp vary so its his summons, that's why it has a vary part in his AP. Also, didn't you say that he gain the boost while fighting one (1) opponent?

Not sure if restricted, considering that this bracket was made cuz the top 5 per tier and that there was a guy with a power that "boost" his speed to Omnipresence, I don't think so.

Top 5 per tier. This guy wouldn't be part of this tier with that Stat Amp.

Speed and tier have nothing to do with each other.

Don't bring stuff not on the profiles of the characters in. If you made a blog with the resistances, link it on the profile. If he can stat amp to tier 6, put it on the profile.

Hmm, you may have a point. So, I guess the amp is dampened to simply +10? (its possible if higher grade spell are restricted) but the summonings are restricted too now? Guess I'll wait for DT to comment. Either way, gameplay wise, one have no guarantee of one-shot unless the difference if about 80 or more, a difference of 20-30 already gave you a considerable advantage.

Yes, he gains the boost while fighting one opponent, summons are not treated as different opponents they are treated as an extension of the original opponent, such is the case with characters like annie and ivern

Summons are fine.

Don't abuse game mechanics either, please. We don't have a magikarp tanking an attack from a third level evolution by the simple fact that you need several levels in advantage to one-shot them.

But again, please put the stuff on the profiles.

FloweryAlex said:
Don't abuse game mechanics either, please. We don't have a magikarp tanking an attack from a third level evolution by the simple fact that you need several levels in advantage to one-shot them.
Trying to not to, but there's few thing that I can't simply ignore: for example, is consistent that a +20 to initiative increase one speed to the point that everything seems in slow motion, or a +150 allows you to destroy planets (don't worry, Kappel doesn't do any of these).

So, you may discard he turning Low 6-B, but it will be at least give him a considerable advantage in attack and defense abilities. Also, the 7-A summonings wouldn't protect him against the Low 6-B to 6-B that Kappel can summon (in theory, it can summon even stronger beings, but it will takes him time).

"To the point that everything seems in slow motion" means about nothin. Ever put a youtube video at 0.75 speed? That sure as heck is noticably slow motions. If he scales to something, you put in on the page. If he doesn't, you don't. You cannot just go on a thread and say he can do it.

No, if he can do that it needs to be added to the profile dude. Making a match with an incomplete profile means it will be removed.

I mean, never said he can do it (actually I said he doesn't), and sorry if didn't go further into details, but a being that boost its Initiative (its used to known who attack first, if the difference is too great, then one speedblitz) to +20 vary from "looking everyone saty still" to "everyone just see a blur when trying to see you".

But these are just examples, Kappel can't boost his stats to planet level nor increase his initiative, just was to give a reference that stats are not linear with stat boosts.

Back