• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament SemiFinals: Vi vs Rathalos

• The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Last edited:
Dragon-kun has the advantage of flight.
Does Vi's ranged attack have charge up or something?

I see. Poison and Stun seems useful for the dragon.

To take from the previous Rathalos match, regarding its behavior:

"If we go by Monster Hunter logic of how monsters start the fights:
Scream in your face and that stuns you, then whatever he pleases, normally he starts with flying and would adapt to the opponent with his high intelligence.
And this Rathalos prefers to do aerial combos than staying in the ground and his fire is more potent as it can deplete faster the HP of the Hunter than the normal Rathalos.
And this is one of his prefer tactics: Zenith Rathalos tends to temporary set themselves on fire by shooting a fireball that makes a fire tornado which it later goes inside of, causing a big explosion. This causes their wings and tails to set on fire for a long period of time. Zenith Rathalos are capable of creating fiery gusts by flapping its developed wings hard"

Vi's forcefields and shockwaves would help balance that out a lot, and she can get into the air too wit a combination of her acrobatics and ability to scale vertical surfaces

Also love how Vi has been exclusively fighting dragons this entire tourney

How strong/long is Rathalos' roar-stun?
Hunters using earplugs can still be stunned and they need even strongers one

And that is for normal Rathalos, but I don´t know and is impossible to know if this version has a stronger scream, because is the ******* same sound so

And it can stun Hunters for seconds, enough time for Rathalos to land the first attack unless the target is extremely far away, and every time he screams it cancels anything The Hunter is doing (unless he has good earplugs)

Vi would then need to tank attacks until the stun wears off. Which isn't impossible, but it'd be a disadvantage for her since she doesn't resist stun.

I don't see Vi overcoming the flight and range of Rathalos, plus the heat of his breath is also dangerous and also have a significant stamina advantage if the fight get long, besided the stun thing already mentioned.

I will honestly vote for Rathalos.

I don't see Vi overcoming the flight and range of Rathalos, plus the heat of his breath is also dangerous and also have a significant stamina advantage if the fight get long, besided the stun thing already mentioned.

I will honestly vote for Rathalos.
Acrobatics, surface scaling, and her own ranged attacks having the same range as Rathalos', plus speed amps, higher AP, and her punches simultaneously lowering Raht's durability while amping her speed even if it's just the shockwave that connects

Also stamina for Vi was established pretty well in the tatsumi thread, her stamina is pretty nuts

Acrobatics, surface scaling, and her own ranged attacks having the same range as Rathalos', plus speed amps, higher AP, and her punches simultaneously lowering Raht's durability while amping her speed even if it's just the shockwave that connects

Also stamina for Vi was established pretty well in the tatsumi thread, her stamina is pretty nuts
As alreadu commented in the previous matches, the buildings will quickly disappear considering the 7-B attacks, like just Rathalos attacks with the aoe and fire would pretty much clean the surroundings. Additionally, just one stun would counter the acrobatics and surface scaling since she would be unable to get a higher ground, and while she is stuned the buildings will get more destroyed with Rathalos attacks.

From what I'm seeing Relentless Force isn't spamable since it need various seconds to charge a new punch and can only have two charges of it simultaneously (so only two punches and then time to recharge again), so her "ranged" option is quite limited.

Her amps and debuff aren't that great, and also she need to connect her attacks to use them, so is quite hard to do that when the opponent is flying tens of meters above her. And the heat would kinda null the defense, same with the piercing and poison in case Rathalos decided to use its talon.

I mean that's still not flying very high, and most of the fight is spent on the ground without range spamming so

I mean that's still not flying very high, and most of the fight is spent on the ground without range spamming so
To be honest, I never argued about him range spamming, just that he would prefer to be on the air via his lore in game (and in gameplay he prefers the air even more than a normal Rathalos but if he always on the air then unless you use a gun or bow is extremely unfair for the player) and for thar sole reason this Rathalos in a match normally would be flying but is not like he is gonna stay 12 hours spamming fireballs, he is gonna descend someday and at best he is gonna stay like 5 minutes at max being generous

In his last match, the thing is that Rathalos is not gonna descend if there are 300 proyectiles nuking the battlefield because he is not mindless/animalistic, with Vi, he has no problem to fight like the usual Hunter fight in game

Ye, hence why it's likely that Vi can last long enough for Rath to decend to the ground thanks to a mix of her barriers and speed amp and take him out when he does

Also Vi has a decently good pain tolerance so she can take some punishment before going down, at one point she broke most of the bones in her hands by sticking them into the gearwork of a robot's hands to use them as makeshift gauntlets and then proceeded to punch her way out of a cave in, wore the gauntlets for an entire day, and then used the same gauntlets to beat the shit out of the gang that abandoned her in said cave in

Going by its lore behavior, wouldn't it be a pain to get through its fire vortex, since this Rath goes for that?
Vi's ranged attacks are limited ,and while her pain tolerance is good, she doesn't resist fire. If Rath lands, Vi has the advantage as she'd only need to grab him, but she'd then have to survive for the duration Rath is in the air, for it to get to that

Given his in-universe behaviour this is really close, but overall I think Rathalos has a slight advantage due to poison, stun etc.
It's like 51 / 49, I guess. So Dragon FRA.

Given his in-universe behaviour this is really close, but overall I think Rathalos has a slight advantage due to poison, stun etc.
It's like 51 / 49, I guess. So Dragon FRA.
The problem is hes not really shown to use poison, and while he does use the stun he doesnt spam it. Meanwhile if Vi gets her hands on rathalos ita basically over as she has the physical strength to keep him grounded and just ragdoll him

The problem is hes not really shown to use poison
Isn't that something that just happens if it strikes with its talons?

Meanwhile if Vi gets her hands on rathalos ita basically over as she has the physical strength to keep him grounded and just ragdoll him
While it has less LS, with Vi's bodyweight I don't think she could prevent him form flying, as she would just get lifted up? Or is there some trick to it?

Rathalos can become enraged and stat-amp itself through that, can't he? That would counteract Vi's own stat-amp, keeping the small gap in stats as is, no?

Isn't that something that just happens if it strikes with its talons?
Ye, but that involves Rath not only getting into CQC with Vi, but also landing a claw attack on her when she has her forcefield, speed amp, and giant gauntlets acting as shields
While it has less LS, with Vi's bodyweight I don't think she could prevent him form flying, as she would just get lifted up? Or is there some trick to it?
Worse comes to worse she just grabs the ground or a nearby structure with one hand and pulls him with the other, almost all of her Class M feats were done with one hand anyways lol

Worse comes to worse she just grabs the ground or a nearby structure with one hand and pulls him with the other, almost all of her Class M feats were done with one hand anyways lol
I don't think the ground is strong enough to hold him either. It would just get ripped out as well...

Also, holding on to him basically makes poisoning a big risk, no?

I don't think the ground is strong enough to hold him either. It would just get ripped out as well...

Also, holding on to him basically makes poisoning a big risk, no?
She wouldnt just be holding him, she is strong enough to pull him to the ground lol

Depends on where she grabs, its only his claws that are poisonous

She wouldnt just be holding him, she is strong enough to pull him to the ground lol
Yeah, but Newton's third law. The strength she pulls him down with is equal to the strength she exerts on the floor. And the floor isn't enduring this. So it breaks and she + a handful of dirt get lifted up.

Depends on where she grabs, its only his claws that are poisonous
I mean, claws can move and she doesn't know they are poisonous.

This a tough one. Makes it interesting, but I can't decide who wins.

I think I'm siding with Rathalos.

Last edited:
For me is inconclusive right now

It depends of Vi surviving or being able to grab Rathalos first if he did not use her ulti on the last teamfight, because the CD is long, but with a good ulti, she would chain R Q E and get the kill, then she would go to the nexus and win the tournament

Back