• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-B [Path to the Throne] Tournament: Vi vs Lü Bu

CharactersAttack PotencyVotes
Vi (League of Legends)18 Megatons1 (@noninho )
Lü Bu (Record of Ragnarok)79.83 Megatons
Inconclusive

• The match takes place at Mont Saint-Michel, during high tide. A barrier seals the island 200 meters away.
  • Starting distance is 10 meters, on the sandy part at the bottom of the island town.
  • Speed is equalized
  • Characters have their standard equipment.
  • No knowledge of each other. No civilians or vehicles in the area.
  • Stat amps will cap at 100 Megatons. Stat reduction will cap at 6.3 Megatons
  • Victory is achieved under what is defined by SBA.
    • Matches have a time limit of 12 hours. Past that, any decisive immobilization or incapacitation for more than 10 seconds becomes a victory condition.
Mont-Saint-Michel_vu_du_ciel.jpg

Last edited:
Lü Bu's durability negation sounds like it has no mechanism, so how much durability does it actually negate?

And how high are Vi's stat boost / reduction techniques?

At a glance, I would say both are basic enough that Lü Bu likely wins due to the huge stat advantage, unless that stat stuff is big.

Last edited:
Lü Bu's durability negation sounds like it has no mechanism, so how much durability does it actually negate?

And how high are Vi's stat boost / reduction techniques?

At a glance, I would say both are basic enough that Lü Bu likely wins due to the huge stat advantage, unless that stat stuff is big.
Relentless Force double damage of her punches

Denting Blows reduces the opponent's durability by 20% and amps her combat speed by 60%, but for it to activate she has to land three consecutive blows on the opponent

Afaik it comes from his Volund being stated as "Capable of piercing any defense" wich makes blocking or trying to stop it pretty much useless or temporary in his fight against Thor (So, a big NLF with no real disclosed mechanisms). Not sure if he would have it in this key tho, since it's his base and 6-B is specifically him using his volund.

Afaik it comes from his Volund being stated as "Capable of piercing any defense" wich makes blocking or trying to stop it pretty much useless or temporary in his fight against Thor (So, a big NLF with no real disclosed mechanisms). Not sure if he would have it in this key tho, since it's his base and 6-B is specifically him using his volund.
Something something Vi's barrier being conceptual in nature due to spirit magic

Can Denting blow's 3 stack speed amp+defense reduce keep stacking? as in keep increasing her speed and lowering her opponent's defense as long as she keeps comboing them

Can Denting blow's 3 stack speed amp+defense reduce keep stacking? as in keep increasing her speed and lowering her opponent's defense as long as she keeps comboing them
No it just refreshes the buff, but if Vi manages to get it off once its pretty much guaranteed to stay active just from how much faster it makes her

Also makes it so that every third punch she lands deals a slight amount of bonus damage

Lu Bu dura neg comes from his Volund wich he doesn't have in this key

so he's just a skilled dude, and nothing else

No it just refreshes the buff, but if Vi manages to get it off once its pretty much guaranteed to stay active just from how much faster it makes her

Also makes it so that every third punch she lands deals a slight amount of bonus damage
What about the temperature manipulation. That heat is going to hurt a lot especially when it boils your blood

I think I’ll vote for Vi because she’s more skilled and the heat manipulation along with status effects give her an edge in the battle.

Lu bu can still win via times 4 higher ap but it’s going to be difficult

It should be mentioned that Lü Bu has some pretty good stamina feats, he barely showed any signs of pain after getting his legs destroyed and didn't flinch in the slightest after getting fatally wounded, his right arm mutilated and his left arm torn off by Thor

Problem is he’s dealing with a opponent that can heat up his blood and can increase her speed and damage everytime she punches him (first punch 3 times though)

Well, Lü Bu is incredible agile and his spear lets him easily outrange Atlas Gauntlets. (Even without using Sky Eater)
Also what are Vi's skill feats?
Lü Bu was also was also able to keep up with Thor, who once took on an army of 66 Giants all by himself

Well, Lü Bu is incredible agile and his spear lets him easily outrange Atlas Gauntlets. (Even without using Sky Eater)
Lü Bu was also was also able to keep up with Thor, who once took on an army of 66 Giants all by himself
It should be noted Vi can also has a range Tens of Meters with Excessive Force

basically she can create shockwaves at her opponents

Lu Bu starts with a sizeable AP/Dura advantage of exactly 4.4x Vi's AP/Dura, uses a piercing/stabbing weapon wich should have a higher extended melee range than her metal gauntlets normal punches and has a powerful cutting shockwave attack that can reach a few kilometers with Sky eater. Vi can still block his attacks with her big gauntlets, wich should double as a nice shield that's undamaged by unleashing her 36 megatons attack (might still get dented/worn out eventually) making him hit for less than 2.2x Vi's Gauntlet's durability

Vi does have better versatility with her abilities, but nothing too crazy. the dura disadvantage is partially mitigated by her barrier, the AP disadvantage is partially countered by Denting Blow (wich requires her to hit him 3 times) decreasing his dura by 20% (it drops to 63.864 megatons) and increasing her combat speed by 60% and Relentless Blow (wich is an attack that's 2x her base stats, hitting for 36 megatons.)
So, with statistic amplifications all applied their stats would be like
AP: 4.4x advantage for Lu Bu vs Vi's Dura (-Vi's shield block) much less than 2.2x advantage for Lu Bu vs Vi's Gauntlet Dura (-Vi's shield block)
Dura: less than 3.5x advantage for Lu Bu against regular attacks, 1.7x advantage for Lu Bu against relentless force. with Vi simultaneously inflicting burns on whatever area of his body her Gauntlets can connect with.
Speed: 1.6x advantage for Vi.
LS: massive advantage for Vi.

Realistically, the fight depends on Vi being able to use her speed avantage to keep the fight at close quarters and overwhelm his defenses, as getting directly hit by his spear even once would be bad. Her Gauntlets also help her a lot defensively and should be able to last for a prolonged fight, specially since the speed boost lets her block more easily. Sky eater has much larger range, but it's a linear slashing shockwave with a fairly telegraphed buildup, so dodging it shouldn't be too hard. Vi also has a massive LS advantage, but i don't think she's much of a grappler. Knocking him away with shockwaves would also not help very much since he has his own ranged attack.

Guess it comes to Skill here.

I'd also like to mention that while inflicting burns on his body wouldn't have very big implications over his health in short term fighting considering his pain tolerance and endurance, it might still cost him his vision if Vi can hit his face and burn his eyeballs. if he closes his eyes during the punch there's also a fairly high chance his eyelids might stick together due to burning, wich would be stuff of the nightmares.

I'd also like to mention that while inflicting burns on his body wouldn't have very big implications over his health in short term fighting considering his pain tolerance and endurance, it might still cost him his vision if Vi can hit his face and burn his eyeballs. if he closes his eyes during the punch there's also a fairly high chance his eyelids might stick together due to burning, wich would be stuff of the nightmares.
This just makes me think vi wins more here due to the status effects on her and her opponent plus heat.

This might change everything; does Lü Bu have his horse?
Should tbh since Red Hare was always his companion at this point.

My question is whether Vi can do anything in Lu Bu’s presence because fear manip. Also doing a bit of rereading, Lu Bu might actually be weirdly skilled. Far more so than I remembered.

Seeing as she regularly spars with Jayce and his giant warhammer it wouldnt be the first time she has fought an opponent with a reach advantage, and would be all the more reason to attempt to disarm him the first chance she gets as she tends to do.
"Having been forced to hone her hand to hand combat skills since she was a child as a means of survival, and later having her skill tempered by Vander's training, Vi is a highly capable fighter, her combat style utilizing a blend of boxing, kickboxing, and muay thai that is further enhanced by her Atlas Gauntlets, amplifying her power and dexterity without weighing her down in the slightest. Even without the Atlas Gauntlets she is able skilled enough to use an opponent's weapons against them, such as catching and pulling a chain to bring an opponent closer to her while also knocking them off balance and leaving their guard down, or throwing a pipe-wielding opponent off-balance by redirecting their swings and adding to their momentum. Vi is equally skilled in analyzing her opponents, noticing every detail about her opponents from their posture to their health to their temperament, and in only a few seconds can glean if they are likely to run if confronted or are willing to fight or kill, which opponents have the most dangerous weapon relative to both the weapon itself and the wielder's skill."
Lu Bu starts with a sizeable AP/Dura advantage of exactly 4.4x Vi's AP/Dura, uses a piercing/stabbing weapon wich should have a higher extended melee range than her metal gauntlets normal punches and has a powerful cutting shockwave attack that can reach a few kilometers with Sky eater. Vi can still block his attacks with her big gauntlets, wich should double as a nice shield that's undamaged by unleashing her 36 megatons attack (might still get dented/worn out eventually) making him hit for less than 2.2x Vi's Gauntlet's durability
Vi also has a forcefield that recharges every few seconds and recharges faster the more attacks she lands on the opponent so that would also allow her to block attacks

Also of note, she is entirely capable of and willing to fight without the use of her gauntlets, she just loses access to the majority of her abilities outside of her stats and skill if she is pushed to that
Realistically, the fight depends on Vi being able to use her speed avantage to keep the fight at close quarters and overwhelm his defenses, as getting directly hit by his spear even once would be bad. Her Gauntlets also help her a lot defensively and should be able to last for a prolonged fight, specially since the speed boost lets her block more easily. Sky eater has much larger range, but it's a linear slashing shockwave with a fairly telegraphed buildup, so dodging it shouldn't be too hard. Vi also has a massive LS advantage, but i don't think she's much of a grappler. Knocking him away with shockwaves would also not help very much since he has his own ranged attack.

Guess it comes to Skill here.
She actually is entirely willing to use grapples alongside her physical strikes. Vi is basically just a really skilled superhuman MMA fighter, and she would be willing to go for a disarm against an opponent with a reach weapon like a spear.

Of note, this is a much, much weaker, slower, less experienced Vi wielding vastly inferior prototype versions of the Atlas Gauntlets
Waiting for Weekly to come with the LoL skill wank.
Funnily enough Vi is on the low end of the skill chain in LoL, which is hilarious when you take into consideration that by the analysis of multiple fight choreographers and actual martial artists she would be one of the best irl MMA fighters in the world
Really nice analysis. But what's Relentless Blow and where's the x2 from? I don't see it on the profile.
Relentless Force, the punch she throws deals 90% bonus damage on top of the power of her normal punch
My question is whether Vi can do anything in Lu Bu’s presence because fear manip. Also doing a bit of rereading, Lu Bu might actually be weirdly skilled. Far more so than I remembered.
"Instilled fear in Sun Jian Wentai and a few horses, without his presence being known"

How potent is this exactly? Is it just a general 'he is scary' aura or something actually supernatural? If its not, Vi spent years growing up in a dieselpunk nightmare where the air alone is toxic enough to kill normal people and any wrong turn could have you torn apart by cyborg gangsters drugged out on body augmenting chemicals or kidnapped and experimented on by rogue scientists, assuming you didnt fall into the cogwork of the city or a vat of chemicals or into the abyss in the city's heart, so just having an intimidating aura isnt likely to work on her.

yeah, think this King James Pocket Bible Respect Vi's Skills and the boiling blood thing, i assume i can already type

Vi FRA

1 vote for Vi

She also struck me as someone who'd grab and grapple. Doesn't her ultimate involve doing that, too?

Gimme a min to gather scans for Lu Bu’s fear hax because the profile’s reasoning is some barebones trash and not even his best stuff.

On the skill shit, my boy low key scales to living Kojiro so take that how you will.

prove me how and how would it interfere with the skill gap and the heat manip
Kojiro is quite skilled to say the least, and the heat manip is only a problem if Vi attacks his face, which is going to be hard if he has the skill advantage (Plus his horse makes hitting him even harder)

Kojiro is quite skilled to say the least, and the heat manip is only a problem if Vi attacks his face, which is going to be hard if he has the skill advantage (Plus his horse makes hitting him even harder)
i know kojiro is pretty skilled, i dunno where's the connection between one another and how big is it so then we can call he much or little more skilled than Vi
If Lu Bu scales to Kojiro (I don't remember that)
i'm actually in the same lol and...
I already have a skill essay for Kojiro I could pump out lol.
...i think i would rather that than Vi. only voted her via not knowing he even has a relation to a more powerful human

Kojiro and Lu Bu have literally never fought or had any scaling in relation to each other so idk where he scales to living Kojiro from in skill

I mean, not really? The Atlas Gauntlet's fist is he size of an entire person, one punch will leave him with burns on half his body

I mean, not really? The Atlas Gauntlet's fist is he size of an entire person, one punch will leave him with burns on half his body
Lü Bu's pain tolerance kinda makes it null and that's assuming he doesn't block it with his Spear, plus I don't think Vi can even reach his face when he's on his horse

Back