• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zonda Vs. Mime Jr.

Not sure if I'm reading that right, but it sounds like your implying that Mime Jr. can stomp Zonda without copies of the Seven.

But if I am reading that right, then that statement is ridiculous. Zonda pre-muse can make illusions reality. These illusions can be exceptionally powerful, just look at the illusions of the Seven. Post-muse these illusions would have gotten even more powerful. With such powerful hax and Zonda's amazing intelligence, Zonda alone has a good chance of winning. With backup, those chances increase exponentially especially with an inexperienced fighter such as Mime Jr.

I didn´t meant that, but at this point I can agree that Zonda has the advantage via hax.

That´s true, but Jr. wins when Zonda is rekt, not when everything related to Zonda is rekt, by the way.

I know. The thing is, Mime Jr. will have to deal damage to the clones as well as Zonda to survive. This will reduce the amount of damage Zonda will take, increasing the length she can fight.

He can't stall forever, and Zonda can heal herself. She can also just make copies of herself so that Future Sight will hit a copy. Also, Future Sight leaves the user open to attacks. If Mime Jr. uses it too much, Zonda and her illusions will take advantage and deal devastating blows. Such as Teseo making the matter-transmuting wall.

Mime Jr. just uses Taunt and now Zonda is forced to just attack, being unable to summon stuff or heal herself.

And? Zonda has a wide variety of attacks that can hold off Mime Jr. With superior intelligence, Zonda should be able to predict and dodge most of Mime Jr.'s attacks. It wouldn't be the end and taunt doesn't last for very long. And by this time, Zonda would've likely summoned at least 1 clone because Mime Jr. wouldn't start out a battle with Taunt.

That´s true, but of all of these clones the chances she leads with Teseo is about 1/7, which is quite low, so Mime Jr. can win.

He can also use Icy Wind to hit her effectivelly (As it seems out of all things Copen can use, ice does the most damage to her).

That's assuming that she'll choose at random, which is stupid. Zonda has Genius level intelligence, what makes you think that she'll just choose at random?

The weapon that does extra damage to Reverie Zonda is Ferrous Fang. Which literally sucks the blood from enemies to restore Copen's health. Hailstorm Blade is just naturally really powerful. It's probably the best (if not a close contender) weapon Copen has (in the game). Hailstorm Blade did do more damage to False Zonda though (however it does normal damage to True Zonda). The explanation for this is a tad complicated. In the game, False Zonda replicates and changes gender via a mirror. Since increasing/reducing the temperature of something quickly can shatter the thing, then the Hailstorm Blade would shatter the mirror. This applies only to False Zonda since that version of Zonda revolved around mirrors (just watch the fight and you'll understand).

What makes me think she´ll choose at random? She didn´t lead with Teseo in the boss fights in tha t one stage.

Very specific with the stage identification. Could you provide the name or (better yet) provide a link to a video of the stage in question?

The last one is where GV and Copen fight, fairly sure you mean The Garden 3. She leads with Tenjin always. The order is random because she's just stalling, she's not doing that tactically. This is supported when she said (paraphrasing) I didn't think they would stop you.

Pretty sure that means Reverie Zonda can't be used. I don't believe that makes a huge difference due to the fact that Anthem (as I've seen and remember it to be) is just a power boost and revival effect.

And now Reverie Zonda can't be used here due to buffs undoing some of the arguements. Hooray!

I still think Zonda wins with reality warping, Duplication of The Seven (Yes, she has that in base) and better AP.

If I remember correctly, most of the arguments used base Zonda's abilities and boosted them due to anthem. Most of the points still stand luckily. I'm still voting for Zonda for hax, AP, experience, and versatility.

One thing for sure at this point is that she´s smarter, yes, but Mime Jr., just like any other Pokémon, are "naturally born for battle", and as his psychic type further supports an high intelligence, which means that he may not be an expert at first, but he´ll find out quickly.

As for the "not-leading" part, after he notices the AP gap by noticing how powerful her attacks can be, he´ll logically try to use it.

Back