• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zonda Vs. Mime Jr.

Magic Room only nullifies items. But since it doesn't nullify transformation items, Reverie Zonda is still fair game. So Zonda just uses Paradise Lost.

I think Zonda could take it. She has genius level intelligence, teleportation, clone generation, and slight reality warping abilities.

The Smashor said:
Magic Room only nullifies items. But since it doesn't nullify transformation items, Reverie Zonda is still fair game. So Zonda just uses Paradise Lost.
Mime Jr. resists Paradise Lost via Soundproof

Then Mime Jr. uses Me First to make it backfire.

Edit: Oops, it seems Mime Jr. can´t learn that move, Copycat should still work for this however.

In terms of strength, Zonda is stronger (8-C+ vs 8-C). This would also mean (At least I think this is how Copycat works) that Mime's versions of The Seven would be weaker.

Jr. can also use Teeter Dance to confuse her, gaining some free time to set up with some Reflect, Light Screen and Nasty Plot

Yes, but another thing. Zonda only has one support move. Encore really dosn't help here. And Mime Jr. probably won't use Encore when Zonda uses her shield since it's not an expert battle tactician.

If Role Play worked (which I'm doubting), Mime Jr. would likely gain Zonda's Septima. However, this would not replicate Zonda's Transformation since it's not Zonda's "ability" or natural Septima. I doubt this would change much as Zonda would know her septima's weakness and Mime Jr. wouldn't be able to effectively use it.

I don´t think it would even work TBH, it seems to be too "special" to be copied.

Also, Mime Jr. can also use Future Sight to easily hit Zonda even while she uses her barriers.

I agree.

True, but how often will Mime Jr. be able to hit that before Zonda finds a way to dodge. Also, during Paradise Lost, she's completely immune.

Pretty much every single time as far I remember, it´s an invisible homing attack which can´t even be properly predicted as the time it activates can vary a bit, and it also ignores barriers, so Zonda can´t do much about it.

As for the Paradise Lost part, he can use Tickle to make her easier to damage.

1. She's invulnerable during Paradise Lost. Mime Jr. wouldn't be able to hurt her.

2. Future Sight has an accuracy. Evasion buff or accuracy decrease would allow this move to miss. Zonda adapting would be an evasion buff.

3. Future sight consistently attacks in a fixed amount of turns. That can be properly predicted.

4. Also, tickle lowers defense, not special defense.

They would likely cancel out. However, I'm not sure that Mime Jr. will be able to copy Zonda. Mime Jr. would probably be too damaged or in pain to copy it.

Now that I think about it, it likely won´t be possible to be copied as it´s a special move, quite comparable to Z-moves, for example.

Still, Mime Jr. can stlll use Shadow Ball to still be able to hit her even while using Paradise Lost (as the invulnerability seems to be soul-based, something Shadow Ball can take advantage of).

That would make sense.

What evidence is there that Paradice Lost's invulnerability is soul based? I don't believe that shadow ball attacks the soul. I'm sure that there are some moves that do attack the soul, but I don't believe shadow ball does.

"Anthem: Gunvolt has a second soul by the name of Joule who lives in his body, she has the unique Septima of the Muse, who can amplify Gunvolt's capabilities by singing (That's what Anthem is). If Gunvolt dies, Anthem will bring him back to life with new capabilities."

- GV´s profile.

It´s pretty likely it´s soul based, along actual dura upgrade, of course.

It isn´t protecting her, it´s allowng her to make normal attacks to just phase her.

Back