• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref Dragneel vs. Gremmy Thoumeaux

I don't think Gremmy can overcome Zeref's time reversal honestly. He was completely vaporized, bone cookies won't be much of a problem. Zeref might actually win with his death spells, not sure.

Well, what he can do is simply limited to his imagination, but he wasn't really smart in his fight with Kenpachi. CIS is off in case anyone didn't know.

I haven't followed FT in a long time much. Does Zeref's death spell work on anybody who haven't shown resistance? Or is it limited by opponent's durability? Sometimes death spells don't work on stronger characters

Have quincies ever destroyed souls of regular humans while they're alive? Hollows are easy target since they don't have a real physical body.

Yeah beating fodder hollows don't count, I don't see all the sternritters with soul manipulation on their profiles

Oh look, it's the battle between two of the characters whom I loved so much but received the worst treatment on their manga.

Without CIS they're both scarily dangerous. I'd lean on a tie honestly.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
do you have a Scan of a Quincy doing that on someone their level?
Erm, Gremmy's kinda stronger than Zeref here....

@Joseph

Zeref is like, the strongest dude aside from Acnologia so I don't know if it doesn't work on stronger opponents.

I vote inconclusive since neither can permanently kill each other, assuming Zeref's death spell won't work on Gremmy (otherwise vote for Zeref)

The question of whether Zeref's attacks coul affect Gremmy is a good one- they might. When Zeref was initially cursed he killed everyone in his school including his older and likely far more experienced teachers suggesting that power doesnt play a part. But the actual power of these characters was never defined so thats not exactly a fair comparison on the other hand characters who can contest with Zeref are either highly resistant to magic- Acnologia- or have some sort of power nullification preventing the spells from even making contact -Natsu- so judgement on this is not clear. Id vote inconclusive for now, Gremmy has no real way to counter Zerefs time reversal but its unclear whether or not Zeref can kill Gremmy.

Though personally I'd say it should; why else would Natsu avoid being hit by it even in FDKM?

Don't know enough about Gremmy to vote(Still need to catchup to Bleach), but when did Natsu avoid Zeref's "death wave" in FDKM?

I always assumed it was because of nakama powe- I mean uh END or something like that. But really I think it's impossible to dodge considering that it kills everything around him instead of being typically used as a wave

I don't think so. Zeref has launched simple ranged attacks like in his fight with FDKM Natsu but Natsu burnt it b4 it made contact. In fact almost always when fighting Natsu, fire boy either never took a direct hit from his magic with Zeref generally beating Natsu physically or the one time when he did he intentionally didn't kill Natsu cuz he wanted to gloat about neo eclipse.

So in 15 words or less- Zeref killed everyone who came in contact with his magic except Natsu cuz villains like to gloat (dangit 2words over the 15 word limit)

Um no Natsu has shown he has power nullification via "burning" techniques used against him its more than simple AP/DC. And Gremmy hasn't ever shown any form of power nullification so thats a non-factor

Ok. Gremmy negated his own creation from existence and killed two captains with his powers, since Zeref is below him like they were I don't see how is Zeref winning.

No.

Erasing one of his own creations and nullifying the powers of a totally different character are 2 very distinct things. And he killed his ow creation and 2 captains who were already severely wounded and near death already.

Davidsteel1 said:
Erasing one of his own creations is significantly different from nullifying the powers of a totally different character are 2 very distinct things. And he killed his ow creation and 2 captains who were already severely wounded and near death already.
Ok im sorry, but what exactly does this even mean?

Thats like saying existence erasure is useless on other characters from different verses because its only been used on characters in their own universe.

As I understand it, it's useless because he erazed his own creation. For example Zeref can do the same with his demons. But the fact that he can eraze them, doesn't mean he can eraze others.

Unless I misunderstood, and gremmy's ability is literraly erasing anyone from existence...

No u misunderstand. Gremmy's first ever actions were to 1) delete a character he conjured up using his powers- essentially the character was only an extension of his own power; so think Goku cancelling a continuous Kamehameha. 2) the "captains" mentioned weren't erased from existence- Gremmy just killed them

Gremmy's existence erasure is only limited to characters and beings he himself conjures up not everyone.

Edit: Torch ninja'd me; but he is very correct

Oh, so basically as I said - the same way that Zeref can eraze his own creations.

In that case yea, it's silly to think that erasing your own creations = erasing characters

Edit: Oh, I thought you were talking to me Davidsteel. With me asking "unless I misunderstood" and you answering "no you misunderstood". Lol

The power of erasure comes from his mind ability, he can erase weaker characters. That's why he never used it again. Zeref is weak.

Dude that's a massive assumption. Gremmy's has only ever erased beings he created; beings dependant on his power. If ur claim is accurate (which it isn't), he'd have immediately erased the likes of Yachiru and Isane assuming he can do to anyone what he's only ever shown capable of doing to his own creations is massively fallacious

In fact I'm not even sure y this is a debate; Gremmy doesn't even have existence erasure on his profile and he never even showed that power, he just made the dude... implode u even see an eyeball and a blood splatter http://m.*************/manga/bleach/v58/c572/12.html

Back