• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Stuff (mostly upgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a specific day that the Blood Moon occurs, or something? As for what this means

• Ganondorf could be moving the Moon closer to the Earth throughout the daytime, which is why the Blood Moon shows up much larger at that specific night (compared to other nights)
  • But then when the Blood Moon ends, the Moon itself is pulled backto orbit extremely fast. The Moon does not normally pull itself back to orbit that quickly in regular circumstances.

There is not a specific day that it occurs. It happens randomly and can occur multiple times in a night (happened to someone when they were fighting bosses lol)

Theres no specific day it happens, it's happens randomly, although I've noticed it happens more often when i kill mass amounts of monsters

@Cal.

The formula is:

2atan(tan(70/2)*([object size in pixels]/[screen height in pixels])). For the "screen height" section, do not use blank space on the side or bottom of certain videos (I forgot the term for them), like in widescreen or 4:3 videos.

You plug that equation into http://web2.0calc.com/, make sure you use Degrees and not Radians (Degrees is default).

Then you go to http://www.1728.org/angsize.htm click "solve for distance", use the degrees in the "Angle" section and the height of the object in Meters in the "Size" section. You'll get a distance in Meters.

So... here's an idea.

Angsize to the regular Moon, then angsize to the Blood Moon. Subtract the two to get the distance Ganon moves the Moon. As for timeframe, that's given in this video linked above. We see the Moon go from its Blood Moon position to normal Moon position in about 5~ seconds. With 1 hour in-game being 1 minute in real life, this works out to Ganon moving the Moon that distance in about 5 minutes.

Well, people seem to be commenting in your blog post, so there is probably no need to bump the thread yet.

There is a blog that I made regarding Majora's moon dropping feat.

Also, with Ganondorf's Endless Night, I want to make absolutely sure if the Earth actually stops rotating, or if Ganon just covers the entirety of Earth with a thick storm cloud.

Both methods will block out the sunlight however. Now, how does Link's in-game clock in Wind Waker work anyways?

Wind Waker's clock works pretty much the same way it does in Ocarina of time. It stops inside dungeons, caves, or towns, but roughly every minute in real time is an hour in game time.

We really shouldn't be taking the in-game clock into account, time moving faster in games only exists to provide a practical day / night cycle. It doesn't mean that characters take hours to accomplish the most minimal of tasks.

Taking the in-game clock as legitimate, that would mean that the process of buying stuff in a shop with rupies would take literal hours, and that Link could spend up to half a day facing a tough boss.

That's not how it works, it's just a gameplay thing, just like in GTA characters have real-time conversations while you drive during story missions, meanwhile the game clock continues to progress normally, but that doesn't mean that the characters spend in-game hours to perform a conversation that took about 5 minutes of real life time.

Alright. After checking out everything posted that's Zelda related in the past less-than-a-week, I can see where the characters are in AP only (speed is an entirely different beast). Going from bottom to top:

Fodder bosses: Small Town level to Mountain level via scaling to King Dodongo and Bongo Bongo respectively (OoT only). Sages are likely Mountain level (hopefully Zelda included)

Veran & Onox: Mountain level. Twinrova is Large Mountain level.

Link's Awakening characters: Island level due to creation feats from the Wind Fish.

Majora bosses: Large Island+ via Goht's calculation.

Links, Vaati, Majora, Ganondorf wannabes (Zant, Aganhim, Yuga, and Girahim) and Ganondorf: Planet level. Lina found out that Ganondorf totally stopped the planet and was constantly moving it back to a set time. And no. As I posted in the previous thread, the storm and the night were two different effect Ganon did.

SS Link, Full Triforce, Demise, BotW Link and Calamity: Large Planet level. Matt made a good point about the in-game clock thing. And due to how Calamity would be ranked, Link wouldn't go below LPL regardless of the gap.

Golden Goddesses: Multi-Universal for self explanatory reasons.

Since we're on the topic of breath of the wild i thought i'd go through Links abilities for his inevitable profile.

•Though the use of various arrows, swords, and spears he has fire, ice, and electricity manipulation, and once he gains the light bow during the final boss he gains light manipulation.

•He can shoot beams of energy with the Master Sword

•He can stop time for a specific target via the stasis rune, although how long it lasts depends on the strength of his opponents [Although that could be chalked up to game mechanics so the player can't cheese fights like Ganon or any major boss], and he can build up kinetic energy in stopped objects like trees or boulders to send them flying

•He can move metal objects via the magnesis rune

•He can create pillars of ice from water with the cryonis rune

•He can materialise bombs with the remote bomb rune

•Miphas Grace is a skill he obtains from one of the dungeons, it acts like a fairy reviving him from death back up to peak condition, although it has a cool down of 30 minutes

•Urbosas Fury allows him to summon bolts of lightning to strike opponents within his range, but it can only be uses 3 times before a 10 minute cool down begins

•Revalis Gale lets him create a gale of wind which he can use with his paraglider to soar high into the air, but has the same limits as Urbosas Fury

•Duraks Protection lets him create a barrier that shields him from all damage [Even attacks from Ganon do no damage with this shield up], but it can only shield 3 hits before a 10 minute cool down begins

•He can take mad selfies with the camera rune

I'm not sure, if they're accepted as game mechanics and Link can use them as much as he wants that would make Miphas Grace particularly broken in a fight

Considering how it seems my calc is basically accepted at this point, most people want the high end, and the planetary lock seems to be the path it goes, do you guys agree with what I posted above and I can make the changes?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Wind Waker's clock works pretty much the same way it does in Ocarina of time. It stops inside dungeons, caves, or towns, but roughly every minute in real time is an hour in game time.
Does this process work apply to Breath of the Wild too? The Blood Moon occured when Link was in an open field (and not in a dungeon, cave, or a twon). In this case, the in-game time absolutely applies.

So you still have not convinced me about Large Planet level Calamity Ganon.

Lina Shields said:
DarkDragonMedeus said:
Does this process work apply to Breath of the Wild too? The Blood Moon occured when Link was in an open field (and not in a dungeon, cave, or a twon). In this case, the in-game time absolutely applies.
So you still have not convinced me about Large Planet level Calamity Ganon.
Time only stops in Breath of the Wild while talking to someone or during a cutscene, otherwise no matter where you are time still flows

Sorry about Zelda, but her's profille is completely horrible. It has absolutely nothing at all, it's impossible doing any battle with her. I suppose at least creating a new key, for goddess Hylia.

(I even found a renderfor her key/proffile :v)

@Howard Who have supported your calculation and interpretation of the feat, and who have opposed it?

Matt, Freeman, Rad, myself, Peter, Darkanine, and a few other normal members. Lina seems to be fond of the small planet interpretation, and I'm uncertain on how Xcano feels.

Okay. It might be best to wait a bit, and straighten out what everybody think, to stay on the safe side though.

The small planet calculation uses the ingame clock. Which from what i can gather has been agreed to be a game mechanic. For example Link doesn't have anti-gravity arrows that stay in the air for minutes according to the ingame clock.

I am leaning towards accepting this as well though, but Lina tends to be reliable, so it would be best if we come to an agreement with him.

Matthew Schroeder said:
We really shouldn't be taking the in-game clock into account, time moving faster in games only exists to provide a practical day / night cycle. It doesn't mean that characters take hours to accomplish the most minimal of tasks.
Conversely, this would also mean that the map is literally 8 km wide, OoT Hyrule and Termina also being about 2-3 km wide.

But since most people seem to agree with it I probably won't get into too serious of an argument about this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
No, the size of the map is also game-mechanics due to technical limitations and practical reasons.
Pretty much this. I believe that game mechanics accounts for the disparity with the in-game clock and the movement of the moon as well.

Oh yeah, sorry for late response. But I agree with Matthew; using in game clock is a bad idea. I was just answering Lina's question about Wind Waker's clock system. And as for BotW, I got nothing since I've yet to get the chance to play it and trying to avoid any spoilers.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Oh yeah, sorry for late response. But I agree with Matthew; using in game clock is a bad idea. I was just answering Lina's question about Wind Waker's clock system. And as for BotW, I got nothing since I've yet to get the chance to play it and trying to avoid any spoilers.
You need to get on that asap, i've beaten the game ands its the best Zelda game since Majoras Mask imo

So aside from the fact that

• said game has a specific in-game time system of (24 min real time) = (24 hours in-game time)
  • said Moon pulled itself back during in-game time, which is directly shown to us
We are still going to use real time for this? The Moon pulling back wasn't during a cutscene, thus using real-time wouldn't apply in this case.

@Cal: I have commented on your blog again. Are we using the angsized distance of the Moon, or the actual distance of the Moon of 384400km? With Cal's angsizing equation, the Moon in BotW may not be the same distance our actual Moon.

Stick with in-game time considering that the movement of the Moon from one end to the other side directly shows us how long the actual night (in terms of real time) is in BotW.

As Matt said earlier, its easily in game clock mechanics. As it would mean Link takes minutes to run over a hill, minutes to pick up an item, hours to kill a small group of enemies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back