• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Stuff (mostly upgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
Ignoring the disregarding of the feat for now, what is the "that" you speak of? The clouds moving?
Let's just wait to have this situation sorted out before our interpretations muddle the stats again.

No i meant what were you referring to when you said that if we look back at previous games the moon does the same thing. And how does Ganon showing up in Breath Of The Wild indicate he moved the moon?

I feel like the math to find the actual timeframe should be really easy, but it's escaping me right now. Here's an attempt:

If 24 minutes equals 24 hours, then that would mean 20 seconds equals 20 minutes. 203,525.516 kilometers / 20 minutes = 169,604.597 m/s

7.34767309 * 10^22 * 0.5 * 169,604.597^2 = 1.0568055e+33 Joules. 252 Zettatons. Planet level.

Another attempt using 20 minutes for the day length gives me 16.6666666667 minutes for the timeframe in which the moon moved.

203,525.516 km / 16.6666666667 minutes = 203,525.516 m/s

7.34767309 * 10^22 * 0.5 * 203,525.516^2 = 1.5217999e+33 Joules. 363 Zettatons. Still Planet level.

Not sure if this changes anything, but apparently my friend said the blood moon is far larger than the moon normally is ingame which would Indicate Ganon pulled it closer, although he never said to what degree it becomes bigger

So, are we absolutely sure that in this clip, the Moon is moving faster than normal? Someone who has actually played the game should clarify on this.

We also have this clip showing the day/night cycle in Breath of the wild, where the entire cycle lasts 24 minutes.

Zelda Breath of the Wild Day Night Cycle 24min - 1080p 30fps
Zelda Breath of the Wild Day Night Cycle 24min - 1080p 30fps

Particularly at 16:33, when the Moon starts to move...

I don't think the Moon shown in the above scene is moving any slower than the Moon shown in the Blood Moon, thus we can't just conclude that Ganondorf is actually moving the Moon unless the game says this.

Ive beaten the game and unfortunately the blood moon is no faster than the moon normally is, but as ive mentioned in my commwnt above the blood moon is apparently bigger then the moon is normally which would Indicate Ganon pulled it in

So i checked and it turns out the blood moon is in fact bigger than normal, but there's no cutscene of it growing larger so all i could manage was 2 pictures

Tmp 17442-2017031409122600-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A392082347004
Blood moo

Tmp 17442-2017031409122900-F1C11A22FAEE3B82F21B330E1B786A39-1197616599
Regular full moo

The problem however is deciding a time frame, while there's no doubt in my mind that Ganon pulled the moon closer to orbit theres no cutscene showing how quickly its pulled in, its already that size once the blood moon event begins

I'm sticking to my theory that Ganon made the blood moon. It's too constant to consistently be an orbital phenomenon. I'll try calling its size and how it would have to move through space normally.

So, did we convince ya on Lightspeed stuffs?
Not convinced here, no showings of lightspeed alongside with showings of these arrows displaying characteristics different than light. The only evidence you have pointing towards it are (contradictory) statements referring to these arrows as "pure light."

As our rules say, direct observation > official interpretations; if the only way we can observe these arrows is in gameplay, then tough luck really.

I'm sticking to my theory that Ganon made the blood moon. It's too constant to consistently be an orbital phenomenon. I'll try calling its size and how it would have to move through space normally.
Actually the blood moon isn't its own separate moon, once the cutscene of Zelda warning Link the blood moon has risen ends the blood moon is immediately turned back into the regualr moon. Its an orbital phenomenon, albeit one i presume to be forced by Gano

Then why on earth is the discussion about the blood moon being the same speed as a normal moon a thing?!

For the record, I'm not yelling at you. I'm just a bit ticked that this discussion has happened with this revelation.

It was to do with the orbital speed of the moon, the blood moon doesn't move from the horizon to the centre of the sky any quicker than the moon normally does. Its moing at the same speed, its just the blood moon is dragged closer to the planet

Clearly, it does, as not only the moon goes back to normal right afterwards, but they can happen five minutes from each other.

Let's make sure about a couple of things in question.

• We need to see if the blood moon is being dragged closer to the planet, or not. We also need to see a complete cutscene where the blood Moon cutscene ends, and said Moon goes back to its regular distance afterwards. What is the length of the Blood Moon, in-game time?
  • What distance are we going to use for the Moon? Regular Moon distance, or do we need to angsize it? This is only relevant if Ganon actually dragged the Moon from space, closer to the Earth.

ACTUally, all that really matters is those 30 seconds where he resurrects the baddies and sends the moon back to normal...for no reason.

ACTUally, all that really matters is those 30 seconds where he resurrects the baddies and sends the moon back to normal...for no reason.
Nah he had a reason, didn't you know Ganon hates the colour red so he actually just just gets the blood moon over and done with quickly so he can gaze at the moons natural beauty

TOP kek XD. So... how does angsizing work? Can someone who goes by the name of Darkanine or Lina Shields tell me how I can use the pictures above to get a distance of the blood moon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back