• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Stuff (mostly upgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda is the result of Hylia giving up her godhood and power to assume a mortal form, and saying that Zelda scales because Hylia does is like saying Ganondorf before he even obtained the triforce of power scales to this because Demise does.

Going to make a concern about this here that the Moon Drop does not result in Multi-Continent level.

So unless you guys can give me a screencap saying that Majora's Moon Drop can bust the said planet (made myself clear here), we can't just assume that the Majora's Mask is Planet level.

The only reason that Calamity Ganon and Demise scale is because Calamity Ganon actually did a feat that > Planet level. A weakened Ganondorf was able to stop the Earth's rotation and is able to rotate said Earth back really fast if Link even tries something with the song of passing.

But then, the Master Sword and light weapons does seem to have a much greater effect on evil beings like Ganon/Ganondorf, according to what I have read about it on the Wiki.

I think Majora got its planet rating from a statement in the 3ds remake of the game, plus something about its magic easily bypassing the natural protection of the triforce of courage which even Ganondorfs magic couldn't do. And as for the Master Sword you're correct about it effect on Ganon. It was created specifically to defeat Demise [And by extension Ganon], which is backed further in botw where the master sword does 30 damage to regular monsters but does 60 damage to Ganon and anything affected with his malice.

Lina Shields said:
Going to make a concern about this here that the Moon Drop does not result in Multi-Continent level.
So unless you guys can give me a screencap saying that Majora's Moon Drop can bust the said planet (made myself clear here), we can't just assume that the Majora's Mask is Planet level.

The only reason that Calamity Ganon and Demise scale is because Calamity Ganon actually did a feat that > Planet level. A weakened Ganondorf was able to stop the Earth's rotation and is able to rotate said Earth back really fast if Link even tries something with the song of passing.

But then, the Master Sword and light weapons does seem to have a much greater effect on evil beings like Ganon/Ganondorf, according to what I have read about it on the Wiki.
From what i understand it is stated ingame that the moon drop destroyed the planet.

Matthew Schroeder said:
"Destroyed the world" is vague. High 6-A is enough to qualify.
Maybe not. The English 3ds version says: And so the angry moon feel from the sky, annihilating this world and its many inhabitants. I don't know if the 3ds Japonese version or another versions has a different line.

Destroying the world =/= destroying the entire planet.

Even annihilating the world would mean annihilating the surface, and even that is iffy at best considering the size of the Majora's Moon and the KE of said Moon directly contradict this.

At best the Moon drop destroyed the entirety of Termina.

Not sure if this changes anything [Image taken from Majoras obd profile]

Tmp 8191-B394Or61173143592

The way it says "plummeting towards the earth" in the same fashion as "that meteor will strike the earth" or "that comet is heading for the earth" would imply the moon is the planets natural moon [Backed up futher by how when it turns night no other moon appears], and since Termina is said to be a parallel world to hyrule wouldn't that mean that since we accepted Hyrules moon to be the same as ours, we should also do the same for the one in Majoras Mask and just assume its that small in game due to n64 limitations? I mean, unless Majora shrunk the moon to its current size. And if it was only going to destroy Termina wouldn't they have said ot would wipe out Temina instead of the world? Now whether this would be High 6-A, 5-C, or 5-B is up for debate, bit htis explicitly sounds like at least life wiping to me.

Let's all just deal with the Breath of the Wild feats for now. The thread is getting quite long, and I think we may have had enough discussion to warrant a conclusion of some sort.

How should we rate the Oracle bosses (Onox, Veran, Twinrova, and Ganon at his weakest)? Should they be Island level via being vastly stronger than Dodongos?

Okay, ive been asking for this for a while but can someone pleeeeeease write a better clarification for Link's and Ganon's speeds? Apparently Ganon is somewhere in the Mach 4800s and Link is somewhere in the Mach 8000s, yet both are just scaled to Mach 1900+ Onox...

Well could an exact or approximate speed for him with boosts be found and listed in his profile in the speed section at least?

Also, should normal Ganon be at least planet? His feat was not only causal, but he did it while weakened.

Why is normal Ganon "At least Planet"? Scaling him from Wind Waker's Endless Night doesn't work since stopping the Earth's rotation is only at Moon level.

"At least Moon level" would do for Normal Ganondorf's AP, unless there is a different calc for Ganondorf.

The stopping the Earth's rotation and constantly resetting it is Planet. Tidally locking the Earth is Moon level.

No. You get Planet level from stopping the Earth's revolution/orbit directly around the Sun, which would cause the Earth's seasons to stop changing completely.

So far, Ganondorf in WW only messed with the day/night cycle via stopping Earth's rotation, and nothing more.

Remember Class XJ is Planet level. Class XKJ is for normal Large Planet level. Class XMJ is towards high-end Large Planet level if a calc puts the characters on that level.

He also stopped the moon's rotation around the earth in the same feat. Doesn't that count for something? Also, I really don't feel like going back and re-editing my edits... Don't get me wrong, I'll doing it, but..ugh.

Calamity Ganon, Demise, and the others in Large Planet level should get Class XKJ for Striking Strength.

Moon level/Planet level characters should get Class XJ Striking Strength (This applies to all incarnations of Ganondorf as well).

I got to Ganon, Midna, Zant, and well...that's it.

Also, from what they said about the Striking Strength, that includes Classic Link, Composite Link, and ALTTP Link

@Lina. You sure that keeping the moon from doing moon stuff as well isn't indicative of anything? Not trying to push. This is a sincere question.

Someone should remove Link's wins against Kaguya and Goku (along with Ganondorf's win against Vegeta) due to the upgrades.

The real cal howard said:
He also stopped the moon's rotation around the earth in the same feat. Doesn't that count for something? Also, I really don't feel like going back and re-editing my edits... Don't get me wrong, I'll doing it, but..ugh.
Can you show me that during Endless Night the Moon does not move?

Lina Shields said:
We now have two statements of Majora destroying the world, one of which even directly uses "earth" and "world" synonymously. The mask while simply attached to the Skull Kid was able to make a complete joke out of a Link who had already slain Ganon's most recent incarnation (keep in mind said Link, while beating Ganon with the Master Sword, is still shown to be able to hurt him without it, even while Ganon is at full power). Majora's Mask shows the capacity to effortlessly end Link's life whenever it pleases, but Skull Kid is too busy messing around.

There is really nothing whatsoever to say Majora's Mask isn't Planet level except for "world=/=planet", while even the new scan suggests it actually does mean the entire planet.

DarkLordofShadows said:
Isn't Skull Kid able to Manipulate Time in the manga? Am I crazy or something? lol
Majora's Mask does quite a bit of shit in the manga that it never shows to be capable of doing, in game. It also has a ridiculously weird origin along with the Fierce Deity.

@Xcano. In addition to the planet no longer being capable of becoming daytime, the phases of the moon no longer change to check on the ghost ship, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back