• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Stuff (mostly upgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
A continuation of the two things going on right now. This will address all the points, because two threads going on for the same thing isn't smart, and the original was getting long and off from its original topic. The points that were going on were:

Calamity Gannon's 5-A feat.

Whether full triforce wielders scale to it

Ganondorf's moon level feat in WW

Zelda scaling to Calamity Ganon due to feats

Who scales to what in general

Is this Link OoT Link

I brought up if the light in TP can be true light given the context of the game (I'll make a case for that later)

Ganondorf's WW feat i support. It would scale to Oot Adult Link, WW Link, ALttP Link and obviously, Ganon himself.

My question is, would Twilight Link and Ganon scale too? The latter is the same Ganondorf from OoT and WW, but he didn't received the ToP until his execution. He never did an "endless night" like the others.

I also support BOTW Zelda scaling to Calamity Ganon. I mean, she was battling him for 100 years and keeping him in check. Demise should scale too, as well as Skyward Link.

What I don't support is Full Triforce Wielders scaling to Calamity Ganon, at least not "naturally". Since the full triforce hasn't been shown giving boosts in power, tho' I agree with what Lina said in the other thread that it should since the ToP is still a component of it. The problem is that, again, is never shown, and only the ToP give a boost to AP/Dura. The full triforce has never been shown being used in actual combat. If they would receive scaling from the Triforce, I say the profile should have a note that states something along the lines of "(insert character name) can only use the Full Triforce as a single wish"

About the Light Arrows, I support based on this scene. Zelda is not imbuing an actual arrow with light, like OoT and WW Link, but rather using actual light in the form of an arrow.

About BOTW Link being the one from OoT, I can't say since I've not played BOTW and want to see a let's play from two certain youtubers and they haven't started one.

Also, a point I brought in the other thread: Would the dungeon bosses from Majora's Mask scale to the Four Giants? Since they keep them sealed until Link's intervention, they would need to equal them in power. This would upgrade base MM Young Link, which I admit is a bit... Odd, but still had the question in my mind and wanted to know what would you guys think.

Didn't Zant create somewhat of an endless night right after he defeated Link and Midna.

@Dark

Not really, I think. I admit TP is the least one I've played, but from what I remember, he simply brought the realm of Twilight around Hyrule's Castle.

"Is this Link OoT Link"

No. Zelda references the events of Twilight Princess and this game takes place at least 10,000 years after that.

From what I've been shown, Calamity Ganon's 5-A feat seems legit. It would scale to Demise for obvious reasons, as well as end of Skyward Sword Link. It should not scale to BotW Zelda. She keeps Ganon imprisoned with sealing magic. If she was powerful enough to contest Ganon's raw might on her own, he wouldn't have been such a massive problem that laid waste to Hyrule, as the combined might of the heroes would have been more than enough to take him out. Zelda being roughly equal to Calamity Ganon does not make sense from a story perspective, nor from a scaling perspective.

If WW Ganondorf has a Moon level feat, then that should obviously be scaled to Ganon's other non-Calamity incarnations, as well as the Links that fight and defeat him.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
From what I've been shown, Calamity Ganon's 5-A feat seems legit. It would scale to Demise for obvious reasons, as well as end of Skyward Sword Link. It should not scale to BotW Zelda. She keeps Ganon imprisoned with sealing magic. If she was powerful enough to contest Ganon's raw might on her own, he wouldn't have been such a massive problem that laid waste to Hyrule, as the combined might of the heroes would have been more than enough to take him out. Zelda being roughly equal to Calamity Ganon does not make sense from a story perspective, nor from a scaling perspective.

If WW Ganondorf has a Moon level feat, then that should obviously be scaled to Ganon's other non-Calamity incarnations, as well as the Links that fight and defeat him.
I agree with Azzy suggestions

Didn't the Calamity Ganon feat have two ends? Was the high end accepted?

I think it's best for me to make my case about TP's lightspeed...light.

Alright. So, the whole point of the game is that there's...twilight. And this affects the Light Spirits too. Most of them which vomit light from their balls, like a lightbulb. And the twilight blots them out like normal light. As in the light spirits are fully rendered gone if twilight hits them. It's likely that the Light Spirits are made of light. Zant can blast Lanayru before he reacts, and the lighbulb balls are used to make the light arrows this game (and Light Arrows are defined as infused with light regardless) along with the bow. It's not a true wooden/steel weapon this time. Which would make Zant and Ganon Rel+/SoL/FTL in this game.

Okay. Well, then I obviously have no problem with scaling from him.

The childs of the moon gave Link the Fierce Deity Mask because Majora wanted a fair fight and was confident to defeat him in that form, so Majora Wrath nearly matched Deity Link, the latter stomping it is only game mechanic.

The way you get the FD Mask in BOTW is through an Amiibo, so is not canon to the story. Also, even though it doesn't change the argument (and I support it), Majora was who gave Link the mask, because he didn't have any (since he gave them away to the children).

I think Lightspeed is too much for the Zelda characters, it's the same as the Igos calc discussion.

No Lightspeed Spirits because Kizaru (I can develope on that, but I cannot right now). Light arrows are magic/fictional light, cannot be treated as regular light.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
The way you get the FD Mask in BOTW is through an Amiibo, so is not canon to the story. Also, even though it doesn't change the argument (and I support it), Majora was who gave Link the mask, because he didn't have any (since he gave them away to the children).
That doesn't make it not canon... It's DLC that comes with a figurine.

I agree with the upgrades... But there's something I want to talk.

SPOILERS OF BotW.

Zelda would not only be upgraded for nothing. She probably has the Full Triforce in BotW. She oneshots Ganon using it . She is "holding" Ganon's power the entire game, for 100 years. And also she describes herself "not being strong enough" to keep it sealed after all this time. She KEEPS that seal. She NEEDS to keep that seal, it's all about her strength in keeping Ganon sealed. The plot of the Game is all about Zelda discovering her true strength and she only discovers her potential when Link almost dies . One more thing, Ganon's probably dead at the ending of BoTW ... so, yeah, no more Ganondorf in this timeline.

Also, the arrows that Link uses in every other game, are hers. And if you see Link's OoT profille:

""At least Multi-Continent level (His light arrows are capable breaking the magic barriers constructed by Ganondorf inside his tower, they're also capable of stunning and harming Gano. He is also bearer of the Triforce of Courage with his powers further amplified by the Six Spiritual Medallions of the Sages)".

Since the Arrows are the only way to hurt Calamity Gano, and are "strong enough to oppose the Calamity ", and Zelda doesthe same thing of OoT Link, in two games already, I think she should receive the upgrade as well. These said Arrows can also stun Yuga too. These arrows are said to oppose, destroy, hurt and stun, they aren't just hax.

Also, there is Hylia, one of the Strongest Goddesses, who fought Demise and sealed him, and created the Master Sword and all. I think she should have her own key in Zelda's profille.

In speed Zelda is always shown of being capable of keeping up with Link, Ganondorf and Calamity Ganon (She's even faster than Link is in OoT, keeps up with both of them in TP and WW and defeats Calamity before being eaten or something).

Also, all the Champions/Divine Beasts should have profilles/upgrades as well. They removed a lot of Ganon's health at the end of the game . And they could keep up with Ganon's creations (even if they all had died while doing it so).

I think that the Guardians should have profilles too, since they overpowered Link, and defeated Calamity Ganon 10000 years ago , along with a previous incarnation of both Link and Zelda according to Impa and King Rhoam.

Also, don't the Guardians use laser beams as their main attack? Even Ganon uses Laser Beams in that game, if it is SoL, I dunno. It's up to you to decide.

@Dark

Based on what?

The Igos calc was simply wrong, since it assumed that Igos reacted to the light and not simply Link's arm. Also, as LordXcano said, it interpreted wrong how light behaves.

DarkLordofShadows said:
I agree with the upgrades... But there's something I want to talk.

SPOILERS OF BotW.

Zelda would not only be upgraded for nothing. She probably has the Full Triforce in BotW. She oneshots Ganon using it . She is "holding" Ganon's power the entire game, for 100 years. And also she describes herself "not being strong enough" to keep it sealed after all this time. She KEEPS that seal. She NEEDS to keep that seal, it's all about her strength in keeping Ganon sealed. The plot of the Game is all about Zelda discovering her true strength and she only discovers her potential when Link almost dies . One more thing, Ganon's probably dead at the ending of BoTW ... so, yeah, no more Ganondorf in this timeline.

Also, the arrows that Link uses in every other game, are hers. And if you see Link's OoT profille:

""At least Multi-Continent level (His light arrows are capable breaking the magic barriers constructed by Ganondorf inside his tower, they're also capable of stunning and harming Gano. He is also bearer of the Triforce of Courage with his powers further amplified by the Six Spiritual Medallions of the Sages)".

Since the Arrows are the only way to hurt Calamity Gano, and are "strong enough to oppose the Calamity ", and Zelda doesthe same thing of OoT Link, in two games already, I think she should receive the upgrade as well. These said Arrows can also stun Yuga too. These arrows are said to hurt and stun, they aren't just hax.

Also, there is Hylia, one of the Strongest Goddesses, who fought Demise and sealed him, and created the Master Sword and all. I think she should have her own key in Zelda's profille.

In speed Zelda is always shown of being capable of keeping up with Link, Ganondorf and Calamity Ganon (She's even faster than Link is in OoT, keeps up with both of them in TP and WW and defeats Calamity before being eaten or something).

Also, all the Champions/Divine Beasts should have profilles/upgrades as well. They removed a lot of Ganon's health at the end of the game . And they could keep up with Ganon's creations (even if they all had died while doing it so).

I think that the Guardians should have profilles too, since they overpowered Link, and defeated Calamity Ganon 10000 years ago , along with a previous incarnation of both Link and Zelda according to Impa and King Rhoam.
I definitely agree with this, again.

DocAnimeTheory said:
Considering Zelda actually mentions that they are in the Child time-line, yes.
This game concludes the Child Timeline after Ganon escaped from the Four Sword seal and ended up defeated once and for all in all three timelines.

DarkLordofShadows said:
"It's up to you to decide."
Hahaha, sorry. My comment was directed to Dark649. Should've specified.

-

@Doc

Look, it's not canon to the game itself. Fierce Deity doesn't even exist in Hyrule. It's a nod from the game developers. Saying that the Fierce Deity appears in the game, and his appearence is remotely canon to the story, is like saying Skyward Link appears since his clothes also appear. Both are DLC. DLC that doesn't even come to play in the story. Aurelion Sol is a volcanic monster, since one of his skin is that, and shouldn't be remotely close to 4-B based on what you're proposing. Fierce Deity can't be scaled to Calamity Ganon.

Translation: Is only a skin you're able to use. Scaling the canon Fierce Deity to this is like scaling the Master Sword to the Non-Canon Golden Gauntlets from Hyrule Warriors ovo (is both a joke and serious argument).

It should be considered that the Fierce Deity Mask was used only inside the moon in the canon and not in Termina or Hyrule.

Ganon's power has been growing over the years.

Present Calamity Ganon >> Past Calamity Ganon

If you believe Zelda = Present Calamity Ganon, then Zelda >> Past Calamity Ganon, despite being completely unable to defeat him alongside the other heroes, and that she needed to resort to sealing away both him and herself to stop his rampage from continuing.

Again, Zelda wields power that is anathema to Ganon and also uses sealing Magic. If she was comparable to Ganon, literally nothing but Zelda would be necessary to fight him. Anything else would be overkill. But that's not what happened. Ganon absolutely devestated Hyrule.

Also, King Rhoam even says "My daughter's power will soon be exhausted. Once that happens, Ganon will freely regenerate himself and nothing will stop him from consuming our land."

Zelda keeping Ganon sealed takes all of her sacred power, and it begins to run out. Once Zelda runs dry, Ganon suffers literally no lasting consequences, and instead just goes on to completely destroy the world. Zelda herself even states that her power isn't strong enough to continue holding Ganon. Scaling her to Calamity Ganon for "defeating" him ignores the context of the situation. Said context being that Link had just beat the absolute shit out of him after he'd been shot with a giant laser from the divine guardians.

Zelda does not just straight up scale to someone who took what essentially amounted to an entire cavalcade of powerful characters and relics to take down.

Wait, does this Ganon have regen that's Godly? You said "regenerate from nothing." Also, Azzy, I want your opinion on Lightspeed stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back