• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda Stuff (mostly upgrades)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matt

You're correct in that whole statement. He fights OoT Link, and the Ganon is from OoT. Except neither of those have MHS+ feats. In fact not only was the MHS+ feat from a later incarnation of both of them, it isn't even from the same timeline.

And this isn't like Saint Seiya. Putting this into the context of Saint Seiya (of which I admittedly have little knowledge of so correct me if my analogy is wrong here) this would be like...

An AU novel where a Gold Saint as only 1 speed and AP feat. The speed feat is dodging lightning and the AP feat is destroying an Island. At the end of it they fight an avatar of Hades who isn't at full power (or anywhere near it) and win. What seems more reasonable, they're MFTL+ with Multi-Universal AP, or that incarnation of Hades just happened to be only around that level?

They would still be 3-A at a minimum because any avatar of Hades should be >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanatos and Hypnos.

So your example is moot.

Also even the shittiest Gold Saint should be FTL and 4-A because all Saints share the same power source, and to be a Gold Saint you need to be at a certain level of power.

@Xcano

Base Ganondorf from Ocarina is already superior to Twinrova, who are superior to both Onox and Veran. Onox is the one that gave the MHS+. The Ganondorf from Twilight is the same Ganondorf that's already superior to the ones that are superior to the one that made MHS+. So no, it's not a later incarnation of him, nor is it from another timeline.

@Matt

Alright, I was just trying to make the analogy relatable. You can replace it with:

"An alternate universe of the main character who fights an avatar of the main villain with an unknown percentage of the main villain's full power"

Matthew Schroeder said:
Fantasy Magical World couldn't give half a **** about all your scientific requirements. If gods from the Zelda world state that they are literal light, they are.
If the gods from Zelda state these arrows to be literal light yet fails to display a single characteristic of it; even fails to show a 10'th of lightspeed (as shown by them being about 5x faster than a horse.) We have no reason to believe these arrows move at lightspeed.

What Lephyr said. Onox's feat is still <<<<<<< Mindless Ganon, who is the weakest Ganon to date (and unlike what you said earlier, most Ganon incarnations don't vary in power. Oracle!Ganon and BotW!Ganon are the only exceptions, because they have legit reasons [botched resurrection ceremony and pooling power respecitvely]), making him <<< OoT Ganon. And OoT Ganon is the same as literally every other Ganon, as they all branch from him.

@Austrian

Then downgrade everyone from star wars to peak human. The movies are primary canon, and there they don't show anything more than that.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Fantasy Magical World couldn't give half a **** about all your scientific requirements. If gods from the Zelda world state that they are literal light, they are.
If the gods from Zelda state these arrows to be literal light yet fails to display a single characteristic of it; even fails to show a 10'th of lightspeed (as shown by them being about 5x faster than a horse.) We have no reason to believe these arrows move at lightspeed.
It's called game mechanics and limitations. The arrows can't be like 100000000000 or whatever times faster than the horse.

@Cal

Alright, so lets say Ganon scales to the MHS+ feat. And now lets say the horses scale to that feat too. And now lets high-ball the hell out of these arrows and say they're 50x faster than the horses. That makes them 33033627 m/s, making it as high as I possibly can. That's 0.11c, nowhere near lightspeed.

So even if we assume that the MHS+ feat is legit, isn't an outlier, TP Ganon scales to it, the horses are also MHS+ and that isn't just a low-showing, and that the arrows are much, much faster than they appear to be?

Still nowhere near the speed of light.

"It's called game mechanics"

Cool, show me them in a cutscene then.

"See? Even more descriptions of the arrows as being literal light."

Doesn't really matter when we see first-hand that they don't display any characteristics of it; fail to display a 10th of lightspeed. Keep the following in mind:

"When a statement from a character, guidebook, or even word of god contradicts what occurs in the series, they won't be used. For example, if an author says that a character from his work is incapable of shattering planets, even though it has destroyed galaxies on-screen, we will always go with the latter, rather than the former."

LordXcano said:
@Cal
Alright, so lets say Ganon scales to the MHS+ feat. And now lets say the horses scale to that feat too. And now lets high-ball the hell out of these arrows and say they're 50x faster than the horses. That makes them 33033627 m/s, making it as high as I possibly can. That's 0.11c, nowhere near lightspeed.

So even if we assume that the MHS+ feat is legit, isn't an outlier, TP Ganon scales to it, the horses are also MHS+ and that isn't just a low-showing, and that the arrows are much, much faster than they appear to be?

Still nowhere near the speed of light.
Again, scaling from the horses is stupid due to game mechanics and limitations.

I was scaling from the characters in that case @Doc, by assuming the horses are just as fast as them. Also, it isn't hard to portray genuine lightspeed in video games, at all. It's called hitsca, and it's been used in even OoT before.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
"It's called game mechanics"
Cool, show me them in a cutscene then.

"See? Even more descriptions of the arrows as being literal light."

Doesn't really matter when we see first-hand that they don't display any characteristics of it; fail to display a 10th of lightspeed. Keep the following in mind:

"When a statement from a character, guidebook, or even word of god contradicts what occurs in the series, they won't be used. For example, if an author says that a character from his work is incapable of shattering planets, even though it has destroyed galaxies on-screen, we will always go with the latter, rather than the former."
They fail to display 1/10th lightspeed based on our current scaling. The game outright says that the arrows are pure light.

Let me counter that with another "calculation."

Buu goes inside of a human and explodes him from the inside out before he can react. Say he has the average reaction speed of .15 seconds. Let's highball that and say that Buu moved 3 kilometers and I'll be even nicer and divide the reaction speed by 1000 because of reasons. That puts Buu at a whopping .66 c. See what I can do with that?

>Gives statements

>Asks for feats

>Said item appears for 3 minutes in the games.

What's next? Asking for feats of the Omnislash?

LordXcano said:
I was scaling from the characters in that case @Doc, by assuming the horses are just as fast as them. Also, it isn't hard to portray genuine lightspeed in video games, at all. It's called hitsca, and it's been used in even OoT before.
Again, hitscan would ruin the bow and arrow mechanic...

@Cal

Yeah but the difference is that Buu actually has MFTL feats. In this case the arrows have no lightspeed feats, even highballing their only feat to Heaven and back.

@Doc

How so? You don't actually account for curvature when firing at Ganon (and if you did that would outright disprove any notion of them being lightspeed). You pretty much just lock on and fire.

Ordona Faro

Notice how the orbs are radiating light in the Ordona video. Same orbs used to make the Light arrows. Notice how, in the Faron one, restoring him gives light to the whole scenery; natural light. That's there powers. The same power used in the light arrows.

So, setting aside whether or not the arrows are lightspeed, for which both sides seem to have valid points, can we agree upon which characters that should power-scale from Calamity Ganon?

For certain Demise, SS Link, and Composite Link. The Triforce (and possibly the Light Force) as the weapon profile too. BoTW Link is Planet level due to the amount that C-Ganon was weakened to. The question is triforce wielders.

We don't have a profile on her. If we did, she would scale. And we probably should and put it in Zelda's profile as a tab

I think that the Champions/Divine Beasts should scale as well, I mean, they almost obliterated Calamity Ganon when working together. They could also fight against Ganon's creations in the past, even if they all had died while doing it so.

Maybe Demise should scale too?

I don't think Breath of The Wild Link scales since he fought a weakened Ganon. The Light Arrows are weapons made to hurt Ganon, of course they don't have Large Planet level AP.

I have doubts about that large planet level feat, not because i think its an outlier or anything, but ive played the game and the blood moon doesn't move any faster then the moon normally does in game, so while he does cause the blood moon to happen, i don't think Ganon was himself was actually moving the moon

^

That's what I was asking in the blog. Is there anything showing the Moon moving fasters/slower than a normal in-game night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back