• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ganondorf Gloom Resistance (Maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So Gloom, very funny ability they gave Crenando in Tears of the Kingdom. He and his phantoms can both manifest and use various Gloom Weapons that inflict the Gloom Affliction effect upon Link, directly attacking his life force and preventing Link from healing, the weapons even affect Link if he's the one using them since the Gloom the weapons are made of are noted as wearing down the victims body when used by them. But if Link uses Gloom weapons against Ganondorf they don't do anything besides basic damage. Doesn't lock his health the same way it does Link, doesn't make him weaker unlike anyone else who touches it for like even a second who becomes practically immobile, nothing like that at all the Gloom doesn't affect him.

Now usually we don't give people resistance to their own abilities (For good reason) which is why stuff like Ganondorf covering his own body in Gloom, standing in Gloom puddles he creates, or even the fact that Gloom is just his own blood manifested into weird unholy magic wasn't taken into account since he could've just easily ignored himself while using Gloom (Which is also why I kinda brushed off him also being hit by Gloom weapons, but in this case this is Gloom being used by someone else against him. So I'm proposing Ganondorf gets resistance to all the basic applications of Gloom (Which is everything listed under Gloom Affliction in his profile) since that's just what the stuff does naturally without Ganondorf twisting it for other effects (So no funny stuff like letting him get a resistance to all his own abilities). This would also give him a resistance to corrosion inducement since Gloom naturally corrodes anything it touches, and a resistance to soul manipulation since the Gloom Spear reaps a person's soul with a single cleave and he very clearly doesn't get his soul torn from his body no matter how many times Link stabs him.

The only part of Gloom Affliction I'm kinda on the fence about him resisting is the healing negation part, he does heal back to full health (And even gets more health) when he transforms into his demon form but I'm not sure if that's because he's healing or just because he just a lot more to give since he was holding back. Plus y'know, he has low-godly regen so it could easily just be that Glooms healing negation just isn't good enough against regen that absurdly high so he doesn't even need to resist it in the first place.

I mean it kinda makes sense. But even if someone else is using it wouldn’t he still be able to ignore it since it’s his Gloom and comes from him in the first place?

I mean it kinda makes sense. But even if someone else is using it wouldn’t he still be able to ignore it since it’s his Gloom and comes from him in the first place?
That's kinda what I thought at first, but given how he can easily evaporate Gloom weapons to replace them and how the Gloom weapons from the Phantom Ganons still remain for Link to use even when the phantoms and their gloom just vanish when beaten makes it seem way more like he can't control Gloom weapons that he's not personally using.

I agree Nandodorf should resist all gloom abilities
Hey now let's not get too crazy, all basic Gloom abilities is the most we gonna aim for here

Hey now let's not get too crazy, all basic Gloom abilities is the most we gonna aim for here
Me after posting an imprecisely written sentence:
Dust Ashes GIF - Dust Ashes Thanos - Discover & Share GIFs | Avengers, Gif,  Cool gifs

That's kinda what I thought at first, but given how he can easily evaporate Gloom weapons to replace them and how the Gloom weapons from the Phantom Ganons still remain for Link to use even when the phantoms and their gloom just vanish when beaten makes it seem way more like he can't control Gloom weapons that he's not personally using.

Hm. Well for now I’ll stay neutral until there is more posts but I am leaning towards agreeing.

Makes a lot of sense to me as well, essentially Gloom weapons carry the nasty of the Gloom effects for the user and for the target yet nothing seems to happen to Ganondorf with them. Not quite all Ganon can pull, but the basic properties themselves.

I'm cool towards the resistances and really mixed feelings on healing negation because that 2nd life bar is going to grow even if you were using the Master Sword, which has Low-Godly regen negation.

Oh right 48 hours has passed, how many staff is needed to agree again my brain is not so good so I can't remember

Chat I can't find the rules of CRT's about how much staff input is needed, can I add this or am I gonna get ass blasted if I add these resistances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back