• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yujiro Hanma Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am saying that the way that you structure what you write makes it very hard to focus on what you are trying to say.

You can better organise it by placing each subject in a separate column of text, with an empty line between them, like I just did here.

Also, the phrase "It is said that your power exceeds even that of a nuclear impact" sounds like hearsay, rather than a reliable measurement.

Right on i don't mind having constructive criticism, that's true and I apologise for that.

I am also working on something for the psycho rangers for power rangers verse. Like guys I really want to contribute in a productive way. This is my favorite pr is my second, so I'm just throwing my point across is all.

Okay. No problem. You should still preferably change your username into something else though.

Alright man, also what about his durability? He did tank. Full on lightning strike and they went into detail about it, how he wasnt hurt at all and he did it casually etc. Just think that should be added also.

Yeah that is whay i was talking about, and just like for hos durability possibly just have it there so people at least one of his durability feats.

Yeah it's a resistance to electricity not worthy of a feat on his durability doe, it's too small. It should be put in the justification for elecricity resistance.

The proof for being 7-A/stronger than a nuclear warhead is extremely unreliable hearsay.

Low 7-C for stopping an earthquake is far more reliable, as the original poster said.

Antvasima said:
The proof for being 7-A/stronger than a nuclear warhead is extremely unreliable hearsay.
Low 7-C for stopping an earthquake is far more reliable, as the original poster said.
The earth-quake is 7-A in potency no?

Antvasima said:
I am not sure. You can check here: Earthquake Power Chart
Well my point is this:

Yujiro is not a hax based fighter he is a brawler. So his Durability always scales to his AP due to newtons law. It's impossible to punch what you cannot handle. His AP is currently at 7-A, for him to cause this much dmg he has to also tank just as much via Newton's opposite reaction law.

Yes, of course, but the point is that I don't know the magnitude of the earthquake that he stopped, or if we should use radiated waves or total seismic energy.

Antvasima said:
Yes, of course, but the point is that I don't know the magnitude of the earthquake that he stopped, or if we should use radiated waves or total seismic energy.
Well total seismic energy sounds more correct tbh. I mean to punch it away you should be countering with the whole force. The radiated waves < total seismic energy , if you punch as strong as the radiated waves it wouldn't null all of the force, only a part of it which means the earthquake would stay...right?

Also was Oliva shaking the earth calculated?

Well, what magnitude on the Richter scale what the earthquake approximately?

@Ant I don't think the magnitude of the earthquake or whether it is radiated or seismic is the problem here.

The OP mentioned that the problem is that Yujiro only had to stop a fraction of the total seismic energy associated with the earthquake instead of all of it.

Here is a page that may be useful: http://www.geo.mtu.edu/UPSeis/magnitude.html

Andytrenom said:
@Ant I don't think the magnitude of the earthquake or whether it is radiated or seismic is the problem here.
The OP mentioned that the problem is that Yujiro only had to stop a fraction of the total seismic energy associated with the earthquake instead of all of it.
He had to stop the whole total seismic nrg doe. He would have to null all of the energy to stop the earthquake, not a part of it.

We preferably need help from some calc group members to evaluate that.

Would you be willing to ask a few of them to give input here?

VS Battles Staff

Firephoenixearl said:
Antvasima said:
Well, what magnitude on the Richter scale what the earthquake approximately?
Well ppl say it's magnitude 6 but i don't think there is any basis for it.
Average Earthquake in Japan is around that range and characters note "It's a big one", so the Magnitude is both based on a blanket statement and the scientific average.

Well in that original post it was agreed upon, and I'll just go ahead and quote what was said. a magnitude six earthquake as someone sr on this forum said. Word for word i quote This looks like Magnitude 6. Magnitude 5 can only damage already structurally damaged buildings, while 6 can start to really do some damage. Magnitude 6 also has "violent shaking" in the epicenter, which the screen certainly indicates. And this wagreed upon. So that somewhat justifys it being a manitude six earthquake. The thing about hidnpower many stated it has. Been stated to be stronger than a nuke by many times wnd that was at 16. Considering the fact that he also what he stopped the earthquake he was much weaker than he is now. So the statements about hid power can't be totally unreliable. Also his dad tanked many bombs and a nuke, it would seem like you could also scale off of yuchiro. Since he is undoubtedly stronger have preformed the same feat of defeating the usa, at only 16. And seemingly suprassing the power of a nuke.

I will ask a few calc group members for help regarding which type of earthquake to use.

Sound's good make sure to use that what the other members said about how the earthquake is a magnitude six. That'll be pivitol and the averages i agree tho. 6.5 doesn't seem out of the question probably more likely.

I have asked some calc group members to give input here.

Now I'm not a regular user of EQ calcs, but to my knowledge the main reason we don't use total seismic energy is because people negging EQs or making them are generally simply putting things in motion, causing shaking rather than physical movement of tectonic plates.

We do have a precedent for physically stopping an Earthquake equating to this level of AP. Namely, DCEU Supes has a 6-B feat of stopping an Earthquake by physically affecting the Tectonic Plates. We may have more, I can't think of any at the moment. And i may be wrong, our reasoning may be ENTIRELY different. With that in mind, Matt, creator of that calc, may be a good choice for asking.

Ultimately, I believe it depends on context, which is not my area here.

also earl asked me to comment here before and I had no idea why, I now see

Additionally, shaking the entire world (saw that brought up further above) is considered High 6-C last I checked based on a Skyrim calc.

I think that Yujiro simply punched the ground and stopped the earthquake that way, although I may misremember.

I know that this is physically impossible, but nevertheless.

In that case it may be best to use Low 7-C unless there's a reason specifically not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back