• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX the 12 dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like its one of the 12 to me. If not, SomebodyData has some explaining to do here
It isn't
It's just a random dimension
Like we don't assume the gravekeeper dimension is part of the 12 dimensions even though it was introduced eralier

Also when yubel was fusing the 12 dimensions neo space wasn't as a dimension being affected just the main dimension (regular universe)

Strym

Yes, I know. But those stars are from our universe. neo space's dimension 'barrier' is see-through.

It also bunks other star feats, given you can actually see through these dimensions.

Zencha

Considering its refered to as 'the 12 dimensions' and not a random assortment, I would think they were referring to those dimensions as well.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if you know this but attempting to alter another wiki before attempting a revision here is bannable, Zencha.

Also, just using the dub names for things isn't something that bunks their reliability when they acknowledge its for recognizability. 4Kids kinda forced that, like how most people recognize Joey Wheeler as Joey Wheeler instead of his Japanese name.
I wanted to clear misinformation about the names not just for vs battle sake
And when they said that they use dub i immediately stopped it's not like i was forcing this

Yes, I know. But those stars are from our universe. neo space's dimension 'barrier' is see-through.

It also bunks other star feats, given you can actually see through these dimensions.
Then why is that even called a parallel dimension if is just a bunch of space in a barrier then.

Then why is that even called a parallel dimension if is just a bunch of space in a barrier then.
Literally what we've been saying. Its referred to as dimension / universe but when we actually see them they contradict our low 2-C / 3-A assumptions.

Zencha

Just don't do it again, if youre going to revise something on a wiki outside of our's don't also plan on making a CRT on it the next time.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure if you know this but attempting to alter another wiki before attempting a revision here is bannable, Zencha.
BTW, this is true. Someone a while ago in a Ben 10 revision did this to alter evidence I had against them in an argument involving Alien X, and he was permanently banned for it.

So, just a heads up so people don't make the same mistake.

Considering its refered to as 'the 12 dimensions' and not a random assortment, I would think they were referring to those dimensions as well.
[[Headcanon]]
bring up evidince of them being a part of the 12 dimensions

I'm not sure where the Japanese Raw's were found, but SD is right that there do exists plenty of photoshopped scans by plenty of users who tried to fabricate details. Meaning we got to be careful when we looks for Japanese raws.

I'm not sure where the Japanese Raw's were found, but SD is right that there do exists plenty of photoshopped scans by plenty of users who tried to fabricate details. Meaning we got to be careful when we looks for Japanese raws.
Sure i'll give em in a sec in the translation thread

Jist because space intersects with another space does not mean it is contained by that space. For it to be contained in that space, it must completely overlap.

For an explain you can visual, if you take two pieces of paper, cut one and slide the other into the cut, they now intersect but neither fully contains the other. With 4d space, you can do the same with 3d space.

Also, isn't the duel spirit world canon to GX? Wouldn't it make more sense to presume that Neo-space is a part of the duel spirit world that intersects with the real world, rather than being a part of our solar system? As evidenced by the fact that it is inhabited by duel spirits.

Zencha

It should be easy to disprove to, what are the 12 dimensions that apparently Neo Space isn't a part of?

Leotamer

The fact that Neo Space is orbiting Jupiter shows its affected by its gravity, which shows its at the very least the same space as the planet. And definitely far smaller.

I think we should watch the ep instead of making things based on a single screen. There might be some context behind it, like it not being our Jupiter al all.

Strym

It being our Jupiter is pretty set in stone, but if you'd like to rewatch the episodes, go for it. It should be ep 62.

Strym

It being our Jupiter is pretty set in stone
Yeah, that's the issue: is there an actual proof of it being our Jupiter instead of a parallel version of it, which isn't "it should be it"? Because is pretty sus them being called parallel dimensions then orbiting in the solar system.

Um, unless im missing something, why would Jupiter being our Jupiter or another one matter to the actual point of Neo-Space not being a timeline?

Um, unless im missing something, why would Jupiter being our Jupiter or another one matter to the actual point of Neo-Space not being a timeline?
Is basically that if isn't our Jupiter, it comes out that it has stars inside, which, as you've said, is enough proof of it being Low 2-C.

Yeah, that's the issue: is there an actual proof of it being our Jupiter instead of a parallel version of it, which isn't "it should be it"? Because is pretty sus them being called parallel dimensions then orbiting in the solar system.
Shouldn't it be the other way around? As in, we have to prove that this Jupiter is different.

Anyway, switching to neutral.

IMG_20210424_201010.jpg
Shouldn't this already say that it's another version of Jupiter, since quantum stuff always is about things as alternate versions of timelines as MWI?

At this point I feel like the in-series people calling Neo-space universe/dimension whatever instead of planet/moon as it should be, is most bizzare thing ever.
And I have been grabbing at mist uptill now....

Atleast Neo-Space being separated from 12 universes could be a saving grace for 2C. Hopefully.

I mean, the scans Zencha posted pretty much talked about alternate versions of the universe, so why that should be our Jupiter instead of a parallel version of it, when Occam's Razor suggests the latter in such context?

It should be easy to disprove to, what are the 12 dimensions that apparently Neo Space isn't a part of?
The reason why neo space and gravekeeper dimension being a part of the 12 dimensions makes no sense is Because 1 it contradicts everything that was established about the 12 dimensions in season 3
1- it being a parallel world
2-being disconnected from our space
when yubel was fusing the 12 dimensions there were lasers and each laser covered a dimension and every laser goes in a completely different direction meaning each dimension is disconnected
To further prove my point the main universe had only 1 laser covering it meaning none of the dimensions inside the main universe (neo space gravekeeper dimension) were part of the 12 dimensions
Screenshot_20210527_224146.jpg

Screenshot_20210527_224112.jpg

And this is a scan showing how each dimension is completely disconnected none of the dimensions are inside each other etc
Screenshot_20210527_223941.jpg

Is basically that if isn't our Jupiter, it comes out that it has stars inside, which, as you've said, is enough proof of it being Low 2-C.
But how would it mean that? Because the same result of Jupiter being bigger would remain the same, regardless of which Jupiter there is.

Also, as Somebody stated, the quantum theory statement was made as more as an educated guess.

Strym

Except for the Jupiter, we're looking at is outside of Neo Space, not a part of it.

Zencha

Your lasers scan prove they're all part of the same space, as they can all be reached by lasers and are mapped out on radar. Actual timelines wouldn't be on a radar like that.

But how would it mean that? Because the same result of Jupiter being bigger would remain the same, regardless of which Jupiter there is.
Because it would just mean that all the dimension includes said Jupiter that isn't ours but of another universe, and thus Low 2-C for the most immediate assumption.

?? Even if we assume it's an alt. Jupiter (Even though it canonically is our Jupiter) doesn't suddenly Low 2-C.

Except for the Jupiter, we're looking at is outside of Neo Space, not a part of it.
That POV is wrong tho, who says that is not part of it anyway. You need explicit statements for that stuff.
Your lasers scan prove they're all part of the same space, as they can all be reached by lasers and are mapped out on radar. Actual timelines wouldn't be on a radar like that.
This is a pretty bad argument ngl, fiction does weird stuff which "shouldn't work" like that.

?? Even if we assume it's an alt. Jupiter (Even though it canonically is our Jupiter) doesn't suddenly Low 2-C.
Why. If the dimensions contains other than the planet even all that space (stars included), it would be Low 2-C since context suggests that is a parallel universe, due of these celestial bodies not being ours, but of another universe.

@SomebodyData Just in case, could you provide the evidence where the neo-space is one of those dimensions or is called as "dimension"?

I mean, the work makes it very clear both via cards and quotes that it was just a planet, I don't remember anything about it being referred to as a dimension, other than this wiki article which may be wrong in calling the neo-space's planet as a dimension.

Strym

...Are you claiming Jupiter is part of Neo Space?

It destroys your occam's razor argument though, hence why I brought it up.

Neo Space orbits the planet, the universe Jupiter was in isn't part of Neo Space.

Anyways, you have to first prove that somehow this Jupiter was not our Jupiter even though Kaiba sent a time capsule into from Earth to it without any dimension mishaps.

Deonment

Considering the size of Jupiter in the background, it'd have to be extremely close. Just look at the moon for example and you can see whatever gap it has from Earth is massive in comparison between Jupiter and Neo Space.

Alonik

Fair, give me a second.

Your lasers scan prove they're all part of the same space, as they can all be reached by lasers and are mapped out on radar. Actual timelines wouldn't be on a radar like that
The radar comes from Zweinstein who knows how to make holes in space-time and is the one who knew about rainbow dragon's power and returned everyone home
Dimensions being in his radar doesn't matter since each dimension has it's own time and has existed for a while

Like you can have a 2d map of 3d space, you can have a 2d map of 4d space. As for it appearing on radar, that portion is just a display. What it is displayed on doesn't somehow change how the data is obtained or what it means.

It also shows how the beams can spread out from a central point to all dimensions: all of the dimensions are linked to the central dimension, and it is (edit: common trope to have a hub dimension and dimensional pathways)

I'm pretty rusty with Yu-gi-oh, but depending on the legitimacy of what @Zencha9 said, he has a good point since assuming that if it were in the same dimension, the dimension that Yubel holds everyone in would give us a view of earth, the same way that neo-space does, but that's not what happens

Like you can have a 2d map of 3d space, you can have a 2d map of 4d space. As for it appearing on radar, that portion is just a display. What it is displayed on doesn't somehow change how the data is obtained or what it means.

It also shows how the beams can spread out from a central point to all dimensions: all of the dimensions are linked to the central dimension, and it is (edit: common trope to have a hub dimension and dimensional pathways)
This would be assuming that the beams are dimensionally traveling though space-time though.

Also, gonna point out, but im pretty sure we don't use "it has its own time" as enough to prove its a separate reality. It's been brought up in threads before and was rejected.

Well, I had a look at some episodes on crunchyroll through my rust memory, and in episode 126 Dr. Zweinstein uses a sentence where the syntax indicates that the dimensions are spatially separated

This would be assuming that the beams are dimensionally traveling though space-time though.

Also, gonna point out, but im pretty sure we don't use "it has its own time" as enough to prove its a separate reality. It's been brought up in threads before and was rejected.
The fact that they are dimensionally travelling is essentially the issue in contention. I am not saying that they are dimensionally travelling, therefor the argument. I am saying statements and the visual aid support that they are dimensionally travelling and that nessicities the argument in contention, so that is evidence for my point.

Episode 62: Neo-Spacian Aqua Dolphin reveals that Neo Space is one of Jupiter's moons (7:00). Then Jaden finds the satellite Kaiba sent out to space years ago proving it's the same Jupiter (10:15). He refers to Neo Space as a universe twice as well (21:00) and spatially divided but more of a regular barrier or actual space kind, not dimensional kind.

Episode 178: It should also be mentioned that the World of Darkness briefly eclipses the Sun. In order to have eclipsed the sun while at that distance but not tear the Earth apart, it would have to be comparable to the moon at best. This is important, as the World is stated to be able to consume the other dimensions very quickly if left unchecked in Episode 160, meaning the other dimensions really are that small. And that's the highball, the tentacles of Darkness Seed, which you can see after 5:10ish for the rest of the duel are about the size of Jaden's opponent. Based on the fact that the World is large, but not even moon-sized in comparison, they're probably smaller.

Leotamer

Don't you mean a 3d map of 4d space? Not a 2d map of 4d space? Regardless, that would entail the distance between the spaces are measurable. Considering Neo Space is just in orbit of Jupiter, even if we consider it to be the closest to that of Earth, all the other dimensions would still be within the galaxy by this logic.

Alonik

I haven't stated the dimension Yubel holds everyone in was orbiting Earth or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back