• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX the 12 dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saga

No evidence...Other than the total dimensions being shown make up 12?

Also, Neo Space is are part of GX's plot too. It's not like we're using 5D's lore or something here. You're essentially arguing the definition of universe changed only episodes apart within the same show.

Saga

Also, Neo Space is are part of GX's plot too. It's not like we're using 5D's lore or something here. You're essentially arguing the definition of universe changed only episodes apart within the same show.
They technically aren't both called universes tho, the 12 dimensions are called "dimensional universes" as opposed to Neo Space. Not sure how much that affects this, but it's worth pointing out.

I think you misunderstood what I said.

Considering how Neo Space is referred to as a universe and Earth is referred as another universe in Episode 62 (21:00), all the lasers would prove is that the other universes are in different directions in space, kinda like how Neo Space is near Jupiter and Earth is well, another direction.
Ok but in the same video they represent neo space as outer space
Screenshot_20210528_010834.jpg

That's also different context

No, Aqua Dolphin immediately states its the moon of Titan. At 5 minutes in. Also its kinda absurd to have the universe both be 2 dimensions split by Jupiter of all things with that implication

Also the context of neo space is entirely different since each time they refer to the 12 dimensions they say parallel world parallel dimension
And neo space is not even once was it stated to parallel anything

None of the dimensions are actually parallel at all if we go by your own scans such as the radar, unless it means similar/livable to Earth.

Anyways, you asked for a list?

1. Waking the Dragons Dimension (Shown in Episode 160)
  2. Earth / Our Universe
  3. Neo Space
  4. Gravekeepers
  5. Desert Dimension
  6. Dark World
  7. Ice Dimension
  8. Hell
  9. Fairy Dimension
  10. Kaibaman / Cave Dimension
  11. Final / Yubel's Dimension
  12. World that the Darkness consumed already according to Honest.

Saga

Except Neo Space was never stated to be a dimension in the first place. You are making false equivalences here.

Universe has been used to refer to the totality of the universe too in the same episode you posted here and by the same character

20210314_155610-1.png

Unless you think the battle between light and darkness is a battle between halves of Jupiter's moon or something.

What is your proof that in the context of Yubel's words Universe means "planet" or "moon", because I am pretry sure she has never referred to an universe as planet before.

Saga

I linked already linked Neo Space being called a universe, twice, in Episode 62 at 21:00.

Yes, that context being the battle of light vs darkness is stuck in our universe when it threatened to consume all of the 'universes'. Which proves that the other dimensions exist within the universe.

I'm not saying universe means planet or moon, just a space that size, as we've actually seen in the same show that's what it's referred to before.

Wheres the evidence stating that those dimensions in particular were even referred to as such by Yubel or someone else knowledgeable in verse about what Yubel was planning? (i.e. Daichi Misawa)

They are parallel they're stated to be and are treated for the entire arc
ice is just another floor it isn't a dimension of it's own

Yes, that context being the battle of light vs darkness is stuck in our universe when it threatened to consume all of the 'universes'. Which proves that the other dimensions exist within the universe
That's headcanon since the darkness was able to cross space-time why would the light be unable to?

Also they never refer to neo space as a parallel world (sekai) so your point is moot even if they are stated to be a universe (uchu) it doesn't mean anything since they're treated differently in verse

Also the same applies to the kaiba dimension and gravekeeper dimension
They are treated differently none of them are refered to as parallel worlds

I'd just like to point out a space-time doesn't have to have a physical universe inside of it to be a space-time, if it's a stated space-time then it's a space-time. A space-time containing stuff that isn't a universe in terms of physical size means nothing against it.

I was reading this argument against the upgrade earlier in the thread and it's my only nitpick.

I'd just like to point out a space-time doesn't have to have a physical universe inside of it to be a space-time, if it's a stated space-time then it's a space-time. A space-time containing stuff that isn't a universe in terms of physical size means nothing against it.
Im failing to see how this means anything since being called a space-time doesn't mean anything for universal size.

Im failing to see how this means anything since being called a space-time doesn't mean anything for universal size.
And observable universal physical size does not effect tier 2, as that would just be tier 3. It's completely nonsensical to say that a tier 2 structure requires a finite 3-A structure in order to actually be a tier 2 structure.

It does mean something when they're said to be universal in size though
Not when they have stuff to contradict it.
And observable universal physical size does not effect tier 2, as that would just be tier 3. It's completely nonsensical to say that a tier 2 structure requires a finite 3-A structure in order to actually be a tier 2 structure.
It absolutely isn't because you need some kind of actual evidence to prove it is at that size as the bare minimum.

@SomebodyData I just checked here on crunchyroll, but at this point it might just be flowery language, it would be for example Zod telling Superman "the Earthly universe with the Kryptonian universe".

I wanted to know something related to Yubel's statement, not something that can be flowery language between Judai and the Aqua Dolphin, which is what I will argue next;

Here is episode 62 on Raw, and what Aqua-Dolphin says to Judai is this:

そう だ よ 重大 君 の 自由 な 心 が 生み出し た カード が 君 たち の 宇宙 と 我々 の 宇宙 ネオ 宇宙
That's right, Judai. Your unfettered heart has created those card that is a link between your universe and our universe, the Neo-Universe.
Here what Neo Aqua is talking about doesn't even refer to the planet where they crashed with Kaiba's capsule, but rather the imaginary universe that the child Judai longed for when he was just a child watching people duel, and which gave him the motivations to create the neos universe. In this way, when the cards became alive, the link between Judai's heart and that imaginary universe he longed for was created between him and the new spirits. That is just a flowery passage.

Of course that's not all that changes, the kanji used in that sentence is 宇宙 where the etymology is very manageable according to the context, it can be used in outer space even universe in its actual size, but it was not the universe in its actual size, but only the relationship between the Judai and the cards. So regardless of whether it's Neo-Space, or Neo-Universe he mentioned it's going to have a single meaning and totally different from Yubel's Statements.

Given that said let's move to Yubel's statements.

どちら が この じゅー に 十二次元 宇宙 から 消える か ここ まで 君 を 導く ため に 消え て いっ た 君 の 仲間 達 は 確か に 別 の 次元 に 幽閉 し て いる
Which one of us is going to disappear from this twelve-dimensional universe? It is true that, to lure you here, i locked all of your vanished friends in another dimension
Basically the difference here is the use of dimensional with the previous kanji, being that 次元宇宙 and the last one being 別の次元.

• We go with a 12-dimensional layered universe, which would still give us a Low 2-C, but depending on the size of each one of these bulks, it could lead to an even higher tier
  • Assume that these are spatially separated extradimensions, as for example the realms of Yggdrasil in the MCU, where the context is very similar to the one we are dealing with, portals for pocket and/or universally extradimensions through the Einstein-Rosen bridge i.e. a wormhole.
Something I almost forgot is that in episode 153 Yubel says the following line;
じゅ十二にの 次元 に 分かれ て 存在 する 全て の 宇宙 僕 の 十 代 に 対する 愛 で 満たす と
i'll fill all the twelve universes that exists in different dimensions with me love for you, Judai.
I think it is quite noticeable the spatiality of these extradimensions being separated that are even called universe in another context than the flowery one between jaden and his cards.

Last edited:
Besides I don't think I will debate any further, I just wanted to support the discussion better because scans were lacking and translations were needed, so I just made an opening argument for both sides to decide what is best.

Thank you for your help, Alonik. And, it's not really 'imaginary', considering he literally harnesses the power of Neos Space so Alonik's findings can be used in support. Actually... Even more than I thought actually.

I also heavily doubt it's flowery either... To be honest.

Last edited:
Agree : @Bernkastelll @Trumpty_Dumpty @RedDoragon @Delta333 @AnonymousBlank @SarieRuu @OnsokunoSonic @Hasty12345 @QuasiYuri @GilverTheProtoAngelo @DragonLord @Mister6ame6 @DastardlyDangerousDracoga @Bobsican @StrymULTRA (seems to agree since he's arguing for universal) @Lord_JJJ @WeeklyBattles @joshpiece @Leotamer @GoldenGangStar5
Neutral : @Planck69 (for the neo space stuff)
Disagree : seemingly @ProfessorKukui4Life ( for SomebodyData's reasons) @SomebodyData ( thinks neo spacians and some dimensions are a part of the 12 dimensions but still didn't prove it yet)

Last edited:
People change their minds, you know. I simply realized everything I was defending is utterly wrong. Tag me when the Large Planet LvL fodder can outhax the weakest DMC demon.
I asked Because at least i want your reasoning for why you disagree
So i could add you to the List of people who Disagree

Indeed. Also, nice to see you. Haven't talked since the SCP stuff. But that's off topic. What do you guys think of my scans.

Also you do realize 5Ds scales directly to this right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back