• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Profiles Quality Control Discussion (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except it was said to by use most YouTube stuff. Just gonna use food battle. Which doesn't offer much to contridoct. Since the movie is only about Anthony wanting to grow up.

Came here from the CalebCity disc thread, can someone just give me a short list or statement on why the Nameless's quality is not sufficient?

@Wokistan, I was contacted regarding Guitar Guy? Yeah, he's probably the 2nd most iconic AVGN character, he's the guy who plays the theme song. And did play a major role in three episodes; the Battletoads one, Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle, and Ikari Warriors. In in the second one, he legit has traded blows with the AVGN when they were both trying to fight the Cinemassacre version of Bugs Bunny. He's also a playable character in AVGN Adventures and was able to defeat some of the various bosses such as The Giant Claw, Two Satans, ect. So his profile is perfectly fine to stay here.

All the AVGN profiles currently made are fine.

For the most part, it is the same actor in every skit. I'm pretty sure that the profile is detailing the abilities of all of the actor's different personas compiled. Is that not allowed?

Death Mwauthzyx Was a major AVGN villian. So he should be good as well.

Iirc. Above said that "Who kill Markiplier" characters are fine, So Wilford Warfstache and The Detective (Who Killed Markiplier?) should be good

Oishi Kawaii and Noodles both come from an ongoing and consistent cartoon series. Perfectly fine

The Angry Video Game Nerd is good since we seem perfectly fine with him

Covering the next few quick ones

Also. Can y'all Add

Phil (So You're a Superhero) to the list to be discussed. While, He hasn't got a page yet. I have one prepared. However, I prefer it discussed before I post it so it isn't posted and then immediately deleted.

Buttersamuri said:
Also. Can y'all Add

Phil (So You're a Superhero). He hasn't got a page yet. Though I have one prepared. However, I prefer it discussed before I post it so it isn't posted and then immediately deleted.
On this note, I'm planning to make a profile for Chris Brown (Chris Brown: American Superhero)

NGL. Seeing that really makes me want to make a page on Charlie and the other two unicorns from Charlie and the unicorn. And Llamas with hats.

Buttersamuri said:
NGL. Seeing that really makes me want to make a page on Charlie and the other two unicorns from Charlie and the unicorn. And Llamas with hats.
I started on Carl but it fell apart, I can give you my WIP source code for it if you want.

Since Filthy Frank is next I'll give my opinion of him. I believe that he should stay. In terms of story and plot afaik they are pretty consistent. Yes some silly things happen in the series but this sort of thing also happens in AVGN and Nostalgia Critic and we seem fine with those.

I'd reiterate that Filthy Frank shouldn't be on this list, since this profile only covers his book version. Unless we're discussing whether his YouTube videos should get a profile too.

Honestly around 3/4 of the OP should be removed, in my opinion.

I'll comment on them individually later today.

I brought it up above because it was already made. And asked for it to be put on the list. I just uploaded it so it can have a link and a look at his summary and such.

Butters, is it just your nature to spam an abundance of random, bottom-of-the-barrel profiles?

You really could of asked people here about Phil before jumping the gun and making the page.

Oh yea. How dare I make a page on the site where you can Make pages on characters. I'm such a horrible spammer.

It was a page that would be discussed regardless to posting it or not. It literally only has the effect that now we have the page to look at. I posted it so we have something to look and link to. It's not like it cant be deleted. So don't come at me with the "spam an abundance of random". I'm aloud to make pages. This thread shouldn't Suddenly stop people from making YouTube pages. As long as they are ok under the guidelines, they should be fine. If it's brought up by higher ups to stop making them for the time being, that would be different. But all this thread is for us to discuss the pages. It will be discussed if there's issue. That's why I even brought up the page itself on here. So it could be discussed when we get too it. So Relax.

Phil's page is full of mistakes, regardless of him being a acceptable youtube profile or not, but that's a issue for latter.

I see that HABIT is on the list. Afaik, he's ok to stay, since he has a situacion that's similar to the Look See. I may be wrong tho.

Buttersamuri said:
Oh yea. How dare I make a page on the site where you can Make pages on characters. I'm such a horrible spammer.
I know I speak for more than just myself when I say that you bring in many, many pages with very few assets that really make them at all worthwhile on the wiki, and then you proceed to spam them in battles. Some pages are fine. Some pages, such as Phil, are not fine. In the end, you can make characters and spam characters all you'd like.

But Phil here is pretty blatantly an example of what not to do, and a pretty blatant example of what you do.

A plethora of powers with little justification, Multiversal AP with poor justification, not to mention doing this literally while we are purging Youtube Profiles, without even asking on the thread if Phil would be fine before making him.

Stop it.

HABIT has more of a story than any other YouTube character we have so far. The only reason he'd get deleted is if literally all of them, big les included, would get deleted as well.

HABIT is part of a huge ARG that spans across multiple platforms. EverymanHYBRID is a giant story that just uses Youtube as a primary medium, there's no reason for it to not be acceptable.

Yeah, just gor confirmation. It's a horror story that happens over a youtube series. It has ended and it ran for over 8 years.

It's fine to stay.

I agree about HABIT. Definitely should be fine to stay.

And @ThePixelKirby

Multiversal level (Could fight with The Shadow, who's power was capable of destroying universes and rewriting or tear apart the Multiverse, which is described to have potentially millions to billions of universes based on the choices people make, Easily killed The Shadow)

With the provided links that describe and show this. Yea. Real poor detailing,

Regardless. Derailing and a conversation for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back