• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Profiles Quality Control Discussion (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttersamuri said:
Oh yea. Noodle and Oishi Kawaii should stay. They are apart of the smosh verse. But that is definitely an ongoing cartoon series that had more than one season with an ongoing continuity.
This brought up now cause they are apart of the Amish verse which is currently being discussed.
Wrong Noodle?

Wokistan said:
Let's go in order and not jump to tobuscus. The Nameless One (CalebCity) is next. Idk this one.
This needs to be removed tbh. The character is simply a cohesion of every single character that Caleb has played despite there being little to no continuity between each skit.

I've heard talk about TNO and apparently it's pretty universally in the "delet" category. Dunno the character myself though.

I'm waiting for the makes of the files to opine on them before actually deleting anything, but I suppose we can move on to the next one in the list: The Guitar Guy. I have no idea who this is.

If he's an AVGN character, let me tag the AVGN profile makers

Thank you for helping out with trying to keep this discussion organised.

That we don't want to make 100 different profiles for the same charcater for every single one of their appearances due to lack of consistency.

The difference is that these characters are composited from actual fully developed storylines. Single one-off skits aren't the same as, say, the dozens upon dozens of Mickey Mouse cartoons, movies, games, etc. Ditto for Bugs Bunny.

They're all still Bugs Bunny, while Caleb is playing obviously different characters in each skit, accentuated by the fact that he generally plays several characters at once

The characters all generally act the same though and can easily be seen as the same person. And even then, that's still covered under the rules for Composite Characters.

"It can also be justified if a certain fiction has multiple spinoffs of dubious canonicity, for which quantifiable feats are scarce, such as most Pokémon and Digimon characters. It should preferably be limited to franchises that actually need it for sufficient scaling, if the different versions are too dispersed and incoherent to make a clear picture of individually"

So it isn't even canon that the character is the same, just 'generally acts the same and is played by the same person'.

I'm voting nuke.

One is an anime hero, other is an anime villain, one is a detective, other is a rapper. And, again, he plays several characters at once in the same video. You can't justify them being the same person.

I agree with nuking Nameless One.

Sera EX said:
A Youtube series that has to be popular just to be allowed, is still unacceptable. We don't use popularity at such a degree to determine the validity of any other verse.
So I can upload a YouTube video that gets 3 views and make profiles for it just because it meets all the other criteria? We need the popularity clause to weed out fanfiction written by vs debaters.

It's not that some YouTube series need to be popular to be allowed, every YouTube series needs to be popular to be allowed.

About the other points in your post, the Russian book series was eventually removed because it wasn't popular enough. Masadaverse is fine because the Japanese audience isn't just 1,000 vs debaters. It doesn't matter why it's popular in the west or how popular it is here, it matters how popular it is in the creator's circle and how reliably we can confirm its statistics (if the work's in another language).

I actually don't agree on nuking TNO. I really don't see that being correct really.

Caleb is just like some other characters on this wiki so if he gets nuked a lot of other characters are gonna have to get nuked aswell. If not then no

Agnaa said:
I agree with nuking Nameless One.
So I can upload a YouTube video that gets 3 views and make profiles for it just because it meets all the other criteria? We need the popularity clause to weed out fanfiction written by vs debaters.

It's not that some YouTube series need to be popular to be allowed, every YouTube series needs to be popular to be allowed.

About the other points in your post, the Russian book series was eventually removed because it wasn't popular enough. Masadaverse is fine because the Japanese audience isn't just 1,000 vs debaters. It doesn't matter why it's popular in the west or how popular it is here, it matters how popular it is in the creator's circle and how reliably we can confirm its statistics (if the work's in another language).

We have already finished discussing that in the other thread. This thread is only using the new rules to get rid of unneeded profiles.

If TNO is playing different characters. Then that's vastly different. At least with characters like Anthony Padilla, he is always the same person. He isn't suddenly a new person with new life and other things. Anthony is always Anthony, Friend of Ian, lives same house, same likes, same dislikes. Ect. And even he seemed to get denied aside from the food battles and movie. (Which btw. The list should say Food battle and movie cause he movie is also most certainly canon.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back