• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Profiles Quality Control Discussion (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
A thread to check the quality of new verses and profiles hailing from YouTube and to purge already existing ones that fail to meet our new standards.

For a brief rundown on the new editing rules,

"Characters and verses that originate from a YouTube series are allowed, but they should have a reasonably coherent narrative. Being a joke franchise with inconsistent feats and powerscaling should not automatically disallow the verse. However, the original YouTube characters should only scale from feats demonstrated within their own continuity rather than cross-scale from any notable cameo characters. For further information, read the following information pages: Crossovers, Alternative Canon and Composite Profiles, Outlier, and Plot-Induced Stupidity."

If a profile on the list below is in Bold, that means it has been agreed to be kept. If a profile is struckthrough, that means it will be deleted or revised, with additional specifications accompanying in (parentheses).

Note: Staff Only

Edit: A list of the YouTube profiles in this wiki:

The Nostalgia Critic

Anthony Padilla (Food Battle only)

Ian Hecox (Food Battle only)

The Nameless One (CalebCity) (Waiting on profile creator)

The Guitar Guy

The Glitch Gremli

Death Mwauthzyx

Wilford Warfstache

The Detective (Who Killed Markiplier?)

Oishi Kawaii

Noodles

The Angry Video Game Nerd

HABIT

Filthy Frank (Francis of the Filth)

Sassy the Sasquatch

The Ginosaji

Cecil the Sasquatch

Choomahviatha

Leslie Mackerel

Clarence

Mike Nola

Ellis Warningto

Brandon Rogers (Character)

Bryce Tankthrust

Donna Phitts

Eldest Elmer

Sam (Brandon Rogers)

Balgar

Super Spiro

Boris

Green Man (Petscop)

Marvin (Petscop)

Firey (Battle for Dream Island)

Announcer (BFDI)

Four (Battle for BFDI)

Look-See

Animator (Animator vs. Animation)

The Chosen One (Animator vs. Animation)

The Second Coming

Small Girl

The Observer (TribeTwelve)

Slenderman (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Salad Fingers

Splendor Man (Jeff the Killer Saga)

The Rake (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Ticci Toby (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Zalgo (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Jeffery Keaton (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Mr. WideMouth (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Eyeless Jack (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Jane the Killer (Jeff the Killer Saga)

Elo

Slenderman (EverymanHYBRID)

Slenderman (The Angel's Game)

Markiplier Manor (Who Killed Markiplier?)

Tobuscus

Verses

Smosh (Verse)

CalebCity (Verse)

Cinemassacre (Verse)

Brandon Rogers (Verse)

Balgar (Verse)

Petscop

Animator vs. Animatio

Jeff the Killer Saga

ASDF (Verse)

Dross (Verse)

New

I Like Trains Kid (ASDF)

Mine Turtle

Stegosaurus (ASDF)

Mr. Muffi

Do The Flop Guy (ASDF)

Darkiplier

Sock

Mephistopheles (Welcome to Hell)

I'll start. Should ASDF (Verse) stay on the site? I'm leaning towards the side of no, since they are an assortment of random gags and jokes, but I do know that there are some characters with mainstay continuity and dedicated videos. So I'm still sorta neutral on this.

I would agree, it doesn't really have a consistent plot so much as brief jokes strung together. If they have any characters that would legitimately stand as a story then I'd say keep 'em.

• Do the videos exist in a strictly fictional setting?
  • Do the videos have continuity between them?
  • Do the verse have what can be classified as a decent amount of audience?
If the answer to all these questions is No then you may assume I'm in favour of deletion (tho definitely attempt to ask for my opinion directly in case there's are complications)

ASDF is pretty much just a bunch of gags, and not much story.

"Who killed Markiplier" is like, the only story, and has no actual relation to anything else in the channel, really.

"Darkiplier" shouldn't exist, for example. Wilford I'm fine with if it sticks to the story of Who Killed Markiplier and the detective and all that.

Darkiplier is present in Who Killed Markiplier, though. He shows up st the end. I feel like he should be fine.

If he takes purely from that? Could be, but the profile atm doesn't look that way.

No this all seems to come from just Who Killed Markiplier.

Is there a particular thing you're confused about?

WeeklyBattles said:
Doesnt Smosh have legitimate movies or something? Shouldnt those be okay?
Movies that have almost nothing to do with the channel itself.

Don't really know about the animated series though.

RDCWorld1 profiles?

They fall under the rules. At least with Hood Avatar and orther videos which don't include fan characters.

@All My comment was for all profiles that are in discussion not ASDF specifically

YungManzi said:
RDCWorld1 profiles?

They fall under the rules. At least with Hood Avatar and orther videos which don't include fan characters.
Coincidence. I was planning on making a Hood Avatar page.

From what I can tell, The Nameless One is just a composite from a ton of unrelated skits. No actual narrative tying them together.

And it doesn't even seem to be the same character in all of them, just the same actor playing a detective, an anime villain, insects, etc.

I think it goes without saying that I massively stand against ASDF. A bunch of meme-like skits with extremely weak continuity aren't highly appreciated by me.

WeeklyBattles said:
Depending on which character youre referring to the second question is a yes, some characters like Train Kid and Do The Flop Guy have full backstories
I see your point, but like this quote says the profiles that have a narrative and continuity should stay.

Should this be a staff forum thread, to keep it more focused on results?

I'm pretty sure it's fine, but is and then we'll be okay suitable for profiles?

It's a serious standalone ~20 minute video, detailing a fictional story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back