• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

YouTube Profiles Quality Control Discussion (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So on the topic of ASDF, should the profiles stay?

Hmm. I'd rather this be on the staff forum if you intend to highlight it. I have a feeling the thread will be flooded with people coming to defend their verses if you highlight it the way it is now.

Yes. Moving this to the staff forum first seems wisest.

Okay, so just to start, I'm going to knock a couple of these YouTube Profiles off of this list here.

Look-See should stay, as an entire continuity for the channel, CryptTV, is currently there and on-going. With the Look-See basically being the mascot for the channel and one of the primary monsters on the channel.

The same goes for The Ginosaji, Salad Fingers, the entire Petscop verse, as well a couple of profiles that were missed on the list, such as Skitzo and Red Guy (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared).

As for the Markiplier characters, as Jacky said, each one of them does not borrow anything from the rest of the channel. Their main source of canonicity is from the "Who Killed Markiplier?" on-going canon. Characters like Wilford Warfstache, The Detective (Who Killed Markiplier?), and yes, even Darkiplier. I know people are concerned about Darkiplier, but not only is he prominently shown at the end of the Who Killed Markiplier? series, but there was even an entire semi-animated video released afterwards focusing on Damien, which can be seen here: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14pVTr1SxQ) There is an on-going narrative being told here, and I believe that it's fine as is, as long as it continues to only focus on this particular aspect of Markiplier's channel.

I'm also going to knock off all Brandon Rogers (Verse) affiliated characters. The channel has serialized shows and all videos take place is a connected universe.

@Andy

Feel free to remove it from the list then.

Likewise, Tobuscus as a profile originates from the mobile game he released.

Wilford, The Detective and Darkiplier should stay, they're from a set continuity that disregard any other appearance of the character as the notes present in them state. Though Darkiplier should be renamed to Darkiplier (Who Killed Markiplier?) to avoid confusion, and the Markiplier Manor (Who Killed Markiplier?) profile should be deleted as it is a duplicate of the Darkiplier one.

It is said at one point that Author Avatars were to be discouraged from being added to the wiki, and most of the profiles listed are infact, author avatars of some form, so that's something to note I reckon.

There isn't someone named Darkiplier from another unrelated franchise, renaming is not needed

Well, there are multiple versions of the character from different videos, so people may start adding random abilities to the page based on some 2012 video they saw.

Zark2099 said:
Well, there are multiple versions of the character from different videos, so people may start adding random abilities to the page based on some 2012 video they saw.
But there might eventually be more lore-appropriate videos that get released. If they're canon, and part of the same canon, they should be part of the profile; so it shouldn't be renamed.

"Legitimacy", "size of audience", and "having an actual story" are not arguments. Have we grasped that yet? Every one of these threads end up being filled with the same nonsense that is used to defend modern art. I'm trying very hard not to be a buzzkill, but this has gotten quite ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back