• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your guns against my lightning-flamming fists: Natsu Dragneel vs Mami Tomoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, 4.3 megatons scaling from Silver. And by scaling Natsu is >= this calc.

While Mami's feat is calced at 3.6 megatons. So Natsu has a slight attack potency advantage, not that it changes much.

I vote for Natsu for Scarlet's reasoning. Natsu's AOE should prove to help a lot against her spam. Her "reflecting" ability won't do any damage to Natsu, since he is resistant to them. And when Natsu gets into close combat, she is done.

Reflection means that she can survive the attacks tho. And it isn't a "when" Natsu closes the gap. It's a "if". Mami isn't entering CQC any time soon, and she can use ribbon traps to gain more distance. AP advantage, yeah. But she can still turn this fight into a 2 vs 1 by making a clone

It should be as strong as her. Homura failed to notice the difference in battle and she knows Mami since a decade or so

What about their smell thou. Plus Natsu would just try to destroy her with flames while Homura doesn't have that AOE as main wepaon. He would also know there is two of them in case that is relevant.

But wait, if the clone has the same stats as the original, doesn't this make it unfair? Because it's 2 small city level+ characters vs 1 small city level+ character.

1. She doesn't use it character.

2. It's not that much for fighting it's more of a trap to block the enemie.

I feel that i should point out that FT mages seem to lose their superhuman physical stats when their magic is sealed so if Natsu gets caught in Mami's ribbions there is nothing he can do and given Mami's superiour tactics he's getting caught.

She used it in character actually. But the clone has horrible dura anyway so it's more of a distraction

No, FT mages don't lose their superhuman stat when their magic is sealed. The Edolas arc is proof of that. They get a lot weaker if the magic is actually drained, since magic = energy in FT. Even then, the stats still remain.

Having said all that, Natsu AP without magic isn't really high. But he probably can break out of them with simple physical strength tbh.

@Delta her ribbons won't do a lot if his body is engulf in flames thou. And no they don't lose their superhuman characteristics they just lose stamina.

Yes they do and there are multiple examples, such as: when Natsu and Lucy were captured by avatar they couldnt break their chains and a goat would have been able to lick it's way through Lucy's feet and the guy that captured them could physically restrain Natsu dispite being much weaker than him; In the Tartarous arc Erza, Lissana, Cobra and Natsu had their magic sealed and could not break free of their otherwise mundane cells.

Hmm, that's actually a good point Delta. Nonetheless, Natsu still was able to continue fighting despite having his magic sealed. So I think he shouldn't have a real problem breaking the ribbons if they contact.

Erza was unable to brake through a cell and cuffs during the tower of heaven arc and she had her magic...

Also, for the avatar arc where Natsu was casually overpowering a dude who was using magic and was trying to restrain him and he even commented how Natsu's strength was tremendous and those chains blocked Natsu's magic is a bad example.

And Lucy is weak physicaly in any case so she is a bad example in general.

Tartarus cell are obviously just more resistant in fact Natsu needed a sword to get out.

Anyway, discussing it now won't change a lot considering Natsu ain't getting trapped any time soon as he can just burn them and since his body is protected by flames he has no real problems there.

Actually she did.

Not really because when Natsu was shackled to the wall he couldn't even pull the chains out of said wall and the was still somewhat able to hold him back.

She's physicaly city lvl.

Prove it. Additionally if Natsu's powers were deactivated by the ribbons his physical stats would be reduced to 7-C (his post second origin base level and assuming he isn't compleatly stripped if his superhuman stats) so there's no way he is ripping through ribbons with low 7-b dura.

While Natsu can protect his body with flames he this flame armour isn't constantly active as shown when Wally, Sting and that avatar guy managed to attach or wrap things to or around his body.

No she didn't she run away after she KO her friend.

He was caught by surprise cause she was distracted for Lucy's sake and he was holding back against sting as later shown when he blocked his strongest attack it has a single hand. Also, those chains are not regular chains as they create with magic of the avatar dude.

That physicals stats are funny or rather inconsistent they can't break simple cuffs like when she was captured by phantom Lord. They also weren't able to break the cuffs in gmg arc while still having their magic.

The simple fact they weren't able to break them is a proof I don't have to bother with it and the fact Natsu had the sword with him the entire time.

Of course he only activates it when necessary or when using a specific technique like "...sword horn".

He doesn't even have to use it as he can burn them with his attacks before they even touch him and Mami won't bother wit it continuously when she sees its not working.

I mean, I kinda explained above that burning them would take a bit. Kyoko couldn't do it at all

He can break/burn them, but he wouldn't destroy them instantly

It's not the question of instantly here thou. Anyway, i am bored of discussing this with delta again. There is so many inconsistencies for physical stats in FT in the first place.

Kaltias said:
Yes, I meant that the heat itself isn't a problem.
I wouldn't compare Natsu's flames to Kyoka thou. Not only are dragon flames superior to regular flames but even has a feat that's melting metal while i don't know for her.

Also, AP counts not just heat.

Also, you should fix her profile as she has possible higher in tier and in attack potency she has town level.

@blanked

What's Erza runing away got to do with it.

No he wasn't he was chained to the wall with the guy and Lucy right in front of him. Though the fact that you admit that Natsu can be sealed if caught offguard is important since Mami can catch him offguard with a surprise ribbon clone/better tactical abilities. And what's holding back against Sting got to with it when Mami is as strong as Natsu.

Those cuffs were almost curtainly magic sealers as well since it would be useless putting regular ones on a mage and the fact that they couldn't break them proves my point.

Actually it proves my point not yours since breaking metal bars and cuffs isn't something someone with human lvl stats can do.

So basically Natsu has to be able to defend himself to not get sealed; That doesn't prevent Mami from catching him offguard with them.

She can't catch him off guard easily like that as in that situation it was way different since the person he is in loved with was in danger here that can't happen.

Erza couldn't break the cell nor cuffs for that she was costrect to wait until he opened the cell and knock him out.

No proof of those being cuffs that seal magic also because on every time they were used it was specifically underlined that they block magic while in those case it didn't happen.

I could keep arguing, but the main point he doesn't have to worry about it a lot as its not something Mami always does and she is more concentrated on fighting with her weapons and in those rare cases she tries he can casually destroy them and burn them.

I end there.

I am not sure is it necessary to reach 7 for inconclusive as well? I mean if this stops here and it appears it will adding incon since we have 4 votes wouldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back