• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rukia Kuchiki vs. Mami Tomoe (It's Time To Settle This) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about Mami or Puella Magi in general, but I'm pretty sure she might have some kind of Fire Manip, though I don't know how potent it is, or if it can get through Rukia's AZ.

Yeah ... fire manip means absolutely nothing against AZ unless it has feats of countering it before. Rukia doesn't even need Bankai for this, everything that comes at her gets AZ'd and she kills Mami after a while (not sure how good Mami is at running/dodging).

Fire manip actually hard counters AZ, depending on the mechanics of the latter.

And Mami is very good at playing the ranged game. In fact, she fought someone with passive ice aura like Rukia, it was simply "freeze everything" instead of straight up AZ.

Because you can heat up AZ objects?

It won't work on Rukia specifically because I assume she keeps cooling down everything, but heating up AZ is completely doable

Homu Sweet Homu said:
I did.

I have pointed out Mami has pretty good AoE attack which probably will counter Rukia Shikai AZ (as she never shown to freeze such big scale attack before, in her Shikai state).

If she goes to Bankai, she most likely will die as well due her inexperience with her Bankai, no matter if she took Mami with her or not.
I'm just gonna pointing out this again.

In this case

Mami Ribbon Traps, Rukia ABZs, Rukia gets severely weakened before getting Ribbon trapped or shot in the face

Not sure if the ribbon will work this time tho. Whatever Rukia touches or touches her instead, will get AZ'ed but she has only shown to do it on small scale and the range is pretty much a crap (in shikai state anyway).

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Homu Sweet Homu said:
I did.

I have pointed out Mami has pretty good AoE attack which probably will counter Rukia Shikai AZ (as she never shown to freeze such big scale attack before, in her Shikai state).

If she goes to Bankai, she most likely will die as well due her inexperience with her Bankai, no matter if she took Mami with her or not.
I'm just gonna pointing out this again.
1. Can her AOE counter AZ? Because due to the nature of AZ, anything that touches an attack that's az get's pretty much destroyed....unless you have some kind of power null ability or something like that.

Rukia isn't actually a novice with kido. Even with her Shikai, kido was still considered her strong suit, both by herself and other Shinigami.

The thing is, most of the Kido are just basically some energy attacks, nothing noteworthy. The strongest offensive Kido she ever performed (Worth noted that she need to chant to perform it) was Hado #72 which is just a big blue fire, Mami shield can defend against that.

Why Kido is even matter? She can one shots with Shikai while Mami wont one shots with her range attack, and for her range attack himself, she just need to freeze the projectile or if Mami try to avoid that by not shot at Rukia direcly and lets the AoE take care of her..well first direct attack will always do more damage than merely relies on the explosion blast to care of stuff.

Because something within 10 M from the center of explosion will take more damage than something at 1 KM away from the center of the explosion and even with direct Hit Mami profjectile only has Mountain level AP while Rukia has Mountain level+ Durability by default, not to mention she can use her shikai to further mitigate the damage by freeze some of the explosion and combine that with Shunpo to get away from the explosion radius and Im fairy sure for most of them time her peofjecly will only do minumum damage to her.

>Attack Potency: At least Mountain level, possibly higher (One shot False Kyoko, whose durability is far higher than Ophelia's. Has an attack power rating of 4.5, making her comparable to Elisa Celjska) | At least Mountain level, likely higher (Should be far superior to her magical girl self.) | At least Mountain level, possibly higher (Should at least be on par with her regular magical girl form). At least Mountain level, likely higher as Doppel Candeloro

Yeah no. even with direct hit, I doubt she can do much of damage

>And pretty sure Rukia doesn't know that the projectile can detonates into explosion, so it would be too late for her to dodge

Yep, thats why I said for most of the time, her projectile will only do minumum damage to her, Cuz rukia has no idea that she will shooting a nuke at her, but at the same time Mami has no idea Rukia can freeze stuff too, so she can freeze her first projectile will no issue and close the gap with Shunpo and move for the kill, and if she get too close to mami and mami will try to nuke her, thanks to her big AoE, she will likely damage herself in process

Also, in character does mami will even shot her nuke at her target if her target get too close to her?

Mami has Mountain+ AP but we don't give the "+" without calcs.

The AP gap definitely isn't big

It's just the way we handle this being weird.

It was agreed that she had enough scaling to be in the upper half of the tier, but we don't give the "+" via scaling because reasons

<We don't give M+ without a calc

<But still treat it as if they are

What was even the point of this rule again?

When you first joined the site?

Because I've literally never heard of this rule since recently.

Hmmm, not quite since I joined.

Looks like it was added on April 26 (still a while ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back