• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quote vs. Mami Tomoe (A Good Old-Fashioned Shoot Off) (Voting Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
Guns are the stock and trade of these two combatants. But while one can create an endless supply of guns to use against her opponents, the other developed his guns through trial after trial until they were finally steeled to perfection. Quality or quantity? Which of these traits mark a true gun-weilder? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have Quote from Cave Story, and in the red corner, we have Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica!

Mami Tomoe1
Quote-0
-Battle to the death or submission. No holds barred.
-Battle takes place within the flying island, giving Quote the field advantage.

-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-No outside help is allowed, which includes Mami's familiars.

-Mami is in her "Veteran Magical Girl" state, and Quote has access to all of his guns for this encounter.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Quote: 0

Mami Tomoe: 9 (Gargoyle One, Veloxt1r0kore, ShiroEinzbern, RebubleUselet, ZackMoon1234, TISSG7Redgrave, RKGenki, Kaltias, Dat Dot)

Inconclusive: 0

I suggest to avoid using Mami's witch form as she stomps in raw stats, let alone hax.

Gargoyle One said:
Ribbon GG
Don't forget that Quote has access to both Fireball and Blade, which could burn/hack away the ribbons if he gets tangled.

Kaltias said:
I suggest to avoid using Mami's witch form as she stomps in raw stats, let alone hax.
Fair enough. I'll make that adjustment.

Gargoyle One said:
They can burn High 7A ribbons?
Quote's attacks have been shown to be at least Small City Level+ by being able to destroy the core of the floating island with his guns alone. And the fire and slashing attacks would be extra effective on something like thread.

Do Mami's ribbons show any sign of being flame retardant or stronger than blades or other forms of slashing attacks within the source material? Because, if not, then I have to assume that they can be burned and/or cut by Quote's guns.

Okay, after some deliberation with some other people, I will relent that Mami's ribbons would probably outlast Quote's Fireball and Blade, due to her higher tier. So, your vote has been accepted.

I think I may end this matchup prematurely, as the difference in Mami and Quote's powers are just too wide for Quote to make an impact. (Now that I know how significant the tiering system is...)

TBH, Quote likely half of Mami's powers because

a.) He's a robot

b.) He only uses guns, which aren't actual powers to negate.

TheNeolancer said:
TBH, Quote likely half of Mami's powers because

a.) He's a robot

b.) He only uses guns, which aren't actual powers to negate.
A) Wot

B) Shooting while ribbons prevent you from moving is still hard lol.

Starter Pack said:
I think I may end this matchup prematurely, as the difference in Mami and Quote's powers are just too wide for Quote to make an impact. (Now that I know how significant the tiering system is...)
I mean if you want to be technical, she still has 7-C dura.

Her High 7-A shields don't really make her invulnerable more than an actual shield in a swordfight (Aka she dies if she doesn't block the attack)

@Kaltias

That's fine and dandy. But does that mean that if Quote can avoid her ribbons long enough, he can actually attack her with something like Snake, which can bypass her shields?

Her shields actually block piercing attacks as well.

Really the most straightforward way to beat Mami excluding an obvious insta win hax/auto-hit attack is simply outperforming her (which is admittedly harder than one would expect)

Exactly why I got into a fight with Weekly about whether Rukia could beat Mami...

Very well. Though Quote is definitely no pushover in terms of evasiveness, with all the crazy Danmaku characters he has to fight like The Doctor or Ballos, plus he's got some good endurance with being able to take on several bosses one after another, in not entirely sure if it'll be enough to outmaneuver Mami. Though, I know Cave Story and don't know Madoka Magica, so I'll let everyone else decide on whether Quote has what it takes to survive long enough to beat Mami.

>Got into a fight with Weekly about whether Rukia could beat Mami...

>That was actually me defending my waifu ovo

Gonna count Neo's comments as a vote for Mami as well, along with everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back