• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You were expecting Low 2-C Mario, but it was I, Mini Stars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I think Physical Destruction makes sense. We don't give thing "EE" without evidence that it destroys souls too.
So you can't use Existence Erasure on objects? Your claim that it's an extraordinary ability kind of falls short if it fails to deal with the simplest of things...

EDIT: Also, as previously addressed, it has gone beyond the scope of physical destruction, as shown by the visible difference between that and what happens here.

Physical Destruction is not an ability. If it states it made the character disappear, we see no traces left, and your goal was to defeat them, then it implies EE more than anything else. Normally this is their death animation.

Existence erasure is the simple ability to completely erase someone or something. If there are no traces left, which we see one, then we can say it's EE. I also want to mention it's very possible that it might go for the souls as well, since there are bubble versions of Boos.

Also,

"Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind. Powerful enough uses of this ability can even erase the mind and soul, if not more fundamental aspects of one's existence, such as concepts."

Doesn't need to destroy the soul for it to count at EE :p

Physical Destruction is not an ability. If it states it made the character disappear, we see no traces left, and your goal was to defeat them, then it implies EE more than anything else. Normally this is their death animation.
It doesn't. It just implies they "disappeared", as the word says. It says nothing about the soul being gone either, you need evidence for that.

So you can't use Existence Erasure on objects? Your claim that it's an extraordinary ability kind of falls short if it fails to deal with the simplest of things...
I mean you can, it's just that whenever people on the wiki say "Existence Erasure" they mean it destroys souls too.

If just erasing the body counts as a low-form of Existence Erasure then I guess it's fine, my problem is that people generally use it to mean "erased everything".

I mean you can, it's just that whenever people on the wiki say "Existence Erasure" they mean it destroys souls too.

If just erasing the body counts as a low-form of Existence Erasure then I guess it's fine, my problem is that people generally use it to mean "erased everything".
Right... Well, we shouldn't let the colloquial use of a word on this wiki go to our head, we should use it properly and make any notes where necessary so people don't misunderstand what we mean. I'm fine with it being a low-form, I just think it's best we include all the information we can on a profile to be an informative a wiki as possible (after all, that's why CRTs exist in the first place).

EE does erase body, mind, and soul. However, we need to prove all of this is being erased before we can consider something true existence erasure.

Also,

"Existence Erasure is the simple power to remove something from existence, leaving nothing behind, a level of destruction beyond incineration, vaporization, and atomization. Rather than just reducing something to its constituent parts, this ability leaves absolutely nothing behind. Powerful enough uses of this ability can even erase the mind and soul, if not more fundamental aspects of one's existence, such as concepts."

Doesn't need to destroy the soul for it to count at EE :p
^^^^^^^^ It specifies that more powerful versions erases mind and soul. So body only is allowed.

No, I think Physical Destruction makes sense. We don't give thing "EE" without evidence that it destroys souls too.
Factually wrong. The CW Anti-Monitor comes to mind and anyone else that uses anti-matter. You get completely destroyed and thus EE’d by anti-matter yet it doesn’t impact your soul. EE that erases the soul is only optional.

Edit: Matt agreed, nvm

EE does erase body, mind, and soul. However, we need to prove all of this is being erased before we can consider something true existence erasure.
When Alien X got EE, souls wasn’t even discussed. It’s only after months that the subject of souls came up (I have proof souls are affected but that does and didn’t matter to get the ability itself).

Factually wrong. The CW Anti-Monitor comes to mind and anyone else that uses anti-matter. You get completely destroyed and thus EE’d by anti-matter yet it doesn’t impact your soul. EE that erases the soul is only optional.
This has nothing to do with Mario tho. I'm pretty sure the Anti-Monitor was destroying the entire multiverse including the Afterlife in that show.

Hmm fair I guess. There are other anti-matter manipulators that come to mind tho. (And I also assume AM can use antimatter to destroy someone even without the Antimatter cannon and thus would also have EE in base form)
You also said the entire wiki backs up your point so I chose a random character from the wiki to refute that notion. Not that it matters really if you also agree with a limited version of EE.

Only two mean types of full EE are noted, and I thought the types proposals were rejected. It's explained via difference between Mid-Godly and High Godly. EE with the mind, body, and soul being erased and regen is Mid-Godly, and Erased from the pages of history is High-Godly. Erasing just the body is usually considered Matter Manipulation.

I guess after the Nonexistent Physiology revisions the EE revisions so it's divided by types can happen, although as DDM has said there's no need for that currently.

Anyways, I agree with the current agreement on just physical-only EE for this.

Curiousity does come to my mind about this:
The Bubble Clones are made from Bubbles, & those Bubbles are Fun (As in, the actual enjoyment or feeling one can experience?) turned into Bubbles, aren't they? The Bubble Clones also appear to have minds of their own, don't they?
& in their normal defeat animation, they dissipate into Bubbles, possibly released to go back where the Fun they were comprised of belongs/came from, right?

But what the Mini-Stars do is create a flash of light, & then one of the Bubble Clones is gone, no dissipation seen. & it's doubtful the whole clone was sent to one place; If Fun being taken away is a problem in the story, Mini-Stars fixing it by sending it all back just like that would solve it too easily, plus the clones could be comprised of Fun from multiple locations, etc.

Anyway, if the Bubbles are made from an emotion or sensation (Fun) physically manifested as Bubble Clones, & said Bubbles are gotten rid of entirely, would that not also be erasing that instance of the emotion/sensation?
& since the clones that presumably have minds are seemingly comprised ONLY of those Bubbles, wouldn't this also be getting rid of their mind?

The Bubbles seal/contain the fun, rather than being comprised of it?
Quoting LuckyEmile from the OP: "In Mario Party: Island Tour, Bowser turns fun into bubbles"
Based on that description, I would assume that they're made from fun, not containing/sealing it.

I played bowser tower several times and I recall it say bowser seal the fun in bubbles but that could be a mistranslation.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to get scans of the text saying what Bowser did with the Fun regarding the creation of the Bubble Clones.
If you, LuckyEmile, or anyone else have scans, of the Japanese language version especially, I think that would be great!

Perhaps it would be worthwhile to get scans of the text saying what Bowser did with the Fun regarding the creation of the Bubble Clones.
If you, LuckyEmile, or anyone else have scans, of the Japanese language version especially, I think that would be great!
Sure, here is a Japanese playthrough, the stuff about the fun and bubbles is said towards the beginning so I don't think any timestamps are needed.

@LuckyEmile :
I'll attempt to transcribe the dialogue that seems relevant. I'll also try to translate, but I'm kinda amateurish.
Starting at 0:34
このタワーで、ワガハイとくせいのしゃぼん玉を作ってやるぞ!
"At this tower, I'll make special(?) soap bubbles!"
(I don't know what definition of とくせい he's using. )

クッパは悪い世界をいっぱいとじこめた楽しくな一いしゃぼん玉を作りました。
"Bowser made an evil world & filled it with (un?)fun soap bubbles?"
(My Japanese grammar is awful, & I don't know if 楽しくな is being followed by ー, which is a vowel extender, or if it's 一, the kanji for "one"; For all I know, it could be a way of saying the 楽しくない (Supposedly, the informal negative form.) very slowly for emphasis or something.)

I'd appreciate a more skilled Japanese's speakers' knowledge on what's being said in this 2nd line. (Also, I'm embarassed I'm having trouble understanding a game that not only has kids as a significant demographic, but is trying hard enough to be easily understood that it's using furigana on even common kanji.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back