• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I swear I bursted out laughing when that song played when Kiryu and Sayama began smooching in front of Ryuji's dead body, it doesn't help the scene when the credits rolled, playing some J Rock there which makes the thing even funnier.

After New Game+ both Yakuza Kiwami 1 and Yakuza Kiwami 2, my final verdict on which game is better
Kiwami 1 vs Kiwami 2 Death Battle Battle theme for this one
Story & Premise: Kiwami 1 (1-0)
Characters: Kiwami 1 (2-0)
Gameplay: Kiwami 1 (3-0)
Funny Physics: Kiwami 2 (3-1)
Minigames: Kiwami 2 (3-2)
Plot Twists: Yakuza 4
Maps: Kiwami 2 (3-2)
Villains: Kiwami 1 (4-2)
Soundtrack: Equal (5-3)
Graphics: Kiwami 2 (5-4)
Replayability: Yakuza 0

No Loading Screens: Kiwami 2 (5-5)
Superior Final Boss Theme: Yakuza 3

Winner? Tie :troll: (although i prefer Kiwami 1 a bit because of the story + nishiki...)

YOU HAVE LOST BREATHING RIGHTS.

GIVE THEM TO ME.

tumblr_prsxhpGtMU1sdbexro1_1280.png

Currently playing through Yakuza in chronological order (though not really cuz I haven't played Kenzan and Ishin yet), here's my current ranking:

1. Yakuza 0 (best all-round package)
2. Yakuza 4 (3 chapters in though so probably gonna change)
3. Yakuza Kiwami 2 (combat is pretty good aside from janky finishing holds and it's so ****** pretty when the green filter isn't in the way)
4. Yakuza Kiwami (second best combat after Akiyama in 4)
5. Yakuza 3 (still a very enjoyable game with a feels trip plot, but the leveling is pretty grindy and there's not much down time once the plot gets rolling to go around doing substories and side activities without forcibly derailing the pacing)

kiwami 2 and 6 having shitty finishing holds made my experience with those games head scratching.
Honestly DoD's finishing hold is probably my favorite tool in Dragon of Dojima's moveset, its so fun to use, very flashy and could be used for some crowd control

kiwami 2 and 6 having shitty finishing holds made my experience with those games head scratching.
Honestly DoD's finishing hold is probably my favorite tool in Dragon of Dojima's moveset, its so fun to use, very flashy and could be used for some crowd control
Having finishing holds still deal damage on collision with the environment instead of the move being canceled would make the combat in 6 and K2 far better

FRIDAY FOR ME YEAHHH 💃

also what if these protagonists
Goro Majima (Yakuza 0)
Shun Akiyama
Taiga Saejima
Masayoshi Tanimura
Tatsuo Shinada
would have their own Extreme Heat Modes, what would it look like? (We already saw Kiryu with it with Dragon Spirit and ofc Extreme Heat Mode in 6/Kiwami 2)

Just finished Yakuza 4 and I loved it, wish I'd played it sooner

Not that it affects much, but seeing as Jo Amon does canonically have satellite artillery to use against his targets, we should calc its speed.
With the assumptions of a one second timeframe (the attack goes off pretty much instantly once he pushes a button) and geosynchronous orbit, it would have an attack speed of 22,236 miles/sec, or about 0.12c

So Amon's cannon might scale with its energy beam attack but also I'm 95% sure you gotta aim dodge it, and I'm 99.9% sure that Relativistic reactions Yakuza would be a massive inconsistency anyway

Last edited:
Back