• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm surprised nobody ever think and made this, so i'm honored for doing this

Welcome to the Yakuza general discussion thread, where we can discuss-chit chat-debate-shitposting everything about these amazing series with full of epicness, dramatict, absurbness, hilarious, and so on

And so, let's get to it

images

Hm I still have yet to actually play lost judgement there's simply too many games on my list

Ah, that's an bummer i guess

Japanese Agency in general are really strict or even "inhuman" to say
Comparing Johnny's to your run-of-the-mill Japanese agency is a disgrace to say the least.

Johnny's is horrible. So horrible in fact that nothing short of the Japanese Government is powerful enough to prevent it from blacklisting actors and entire companies from being able to make money. Johnny's is more yakuza than yakuza. The entertainment industry in South Korea and Japan is just horrible to boot, but nobody excels at that job better than Johnny's.

FFS, they replaced an Ultraman Actor's image in a magazine with a ******* airplane. That's how far behind they are.

Holy Moly wtf you got the holy trinity right there
Indeed lol I'm just the kind of person who needs the all around gaming setup lifetime enthusiast. (Honestly not bragging or anything either but I also have an oculus so I can also do VR gaming as well) honestly always have and will enjoy gaming that much

Comparing Johnny's to your run-of-the-mill Japanese agency is a disgrace to say the least.

Johnny's is horrible. So horrible in fact that nothing short of the Japanese Government is powerful enough to prevent it from blacklisting actors and entire companies from being able to make money. Johnny's is more yakuza than yakuza. The entertainment industry in South Korea and Japan is just horrible to boot, but nobody excels at that job better than Johnny's.

FFS, they replaced an Ultraman Actor's image in a magazine with a ******* airplane. That's how far behind they are.
Just read this in full what the **** those are some pretty far lengths to go

I still have lots of games to play in the series the only ones I've interacted with with lots of hours dedicated to them are Yakuza Zero and Kiwami. Other than that it's been memes and gameplay clips
I've dedicated more hours into Kiwami and Kiwami 2 so far, but I loved the ever-loving shit out of 5. 5 is the most balanced with the most content, if they just added the sprint mechanic there from Kiwami, the properly-fleshed out random encounters and kept everything else untouched it'd be the perfect game for me.

I've dedicated more hours into Kiwami and Kiwami 2 so far, but I loved the ever-loving shit out of 5. 5 is the most balanced, if they just added the sprint mechanic there from Kiwami, the properly-fleshed out random encounters and kept everything else untouched it'd be the perfect game for me.
Then I've got something to look forward too with 5 but to get there I need to actually beat Yakuza games and that'll take so long then again I've put 60-120 hours into a final fantasy or persona game easily and finish those💀💀

1. Yakuza 5 (DON'T EVEN @ ME ON THIS)
2. Yakuza 0
3. Yakuza Kiwami 2
4. Yakuza 6
5. Yakuza 3
6. Yakuza Like a Dragon (Don't get me wrong, I loved the story, but the RPG mechanics get too repetitive)
7. Yakuza 4 (How anyone took the rubber bullet meme seriously is beyond me)
@
Either 7 or 5 for me because
7- tons of content, like business's minigame, substories and a dungeon that requires a very big grind. A really good story too imo, but Kiryu coming back was kinda shoehorned in imo. And I loved the combat but that's a very controversial take in the Yakuza community
5- tons of content, spread across 5 characters and 6 cities, and arguably the best karaoke in the series, pretty alright story but stellar combat, Saejima was ******* broken, and my personal favorite final boss in the series

Then I've got something to look forward too with 5 but to get there I need to actually beat Yakuza games and that'll take so long then again I've put 60-120 hours into a final fantasy or persona game easily and finish those💀💀
That many hours is if you lose your shit on the substories, which are an absolute must, especially in Y3.

But, Y3 combat being janky makes things sorta worse, with idiots like Shinzaki zooming around you fast enough to make the game glitch out. For beginners, just go with Easy Diff first and then tackle it for real on Legend.

@
Either 7 or 5 for me because
7- tons of content, like business's minigame, substories and a dungeon that requires a very big grind. A really good story too imo, but Kiryu coming back was kinda shoehorned in imo. And I loved the combat but that's a very controversial take in the Yakuza community
5- tons of content, spread across 5 characters and 6 cities, and arguably the best karaoke in the series, pretty alright story but stellar combat, Saejima was ******* broken, and my personal favorite final boss in the series
Saejima's a ******* tank. Nothing you do to him will even make him flinch. Seriously, just watch this and decide for yourself.

Kiryu on the other hand, is a ******* powerhouse, he's the most balanced while also having the most firepower out of all the folk while not being that far behind in durability compared to Saejima. Tiger Drop Spam GGWP. Even the speedy bois in Y5 cannot hope to match the power of Kiryu's Tiger Drop, save for Jo Amon, who can outright block it.

Favorite Fighting style in the series? Like from any character in the franchise.
Mine has to be Mine or Nishikiyama's fighting style, its a shame we cant play as them! 😭
I love Nishikiyama's quickstep speed in Kiwami 1, makes him look fast as **** while also incorporating moves from Kashiwagi's style into his own.
Mine is just a beast along with his three heat modes, his recovery, evasion and his pissed off mode however you call it is pretty cool aswell.

Back