• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
**** you.
trollface-troll.gif

Yo, newcomer to the series here.

Well just finished Yakuza 0. Decided to start from the very beginning after finishing Like a Dragon.

The final scene between Goro and Makoto hits way too hard.

I'm gonna miss the Goro from 0. I mean, I know that strictly speaking, that is not the "real" Majima, the real Majima is the Mad Dog, the wild and crazy Yakuza, and 0 simply shows the man before he became the Goro we see through the series, right?. I guess that's the issue of going actually completely blind into the series. I was a bit surprised Kiryu and Majima never crossed paths in 0, but I guess they have their fateful encounter in 1 or so? I mean the epilogue looks kinda like a flash-forward and Goro is already "KIRYU-CHAN!" and Kiryu gives the knowing cocky little smirk.

He'd probably be surprised? Dunno, but from my (yet limited) experience with the franchise, though Kiryu, Goro and Ichi (especially the former two) all have plenty of superhuman feats, the story itself kind of frames them as super tough and skilled fighters, but not that superhuman, to the point that guns and knifes are still dangerous if they are not careful.
I meant you answer it in the thread in the link not here. Thank you but it’s okay.

I think some stuff in Shinada's profile should be adjusted.
Him being less skilled in unarmed combat compared to dudes like Kiryu and Akiyama is just him not being quite on-par with the absolute most skilled people in the verse, not actually a notable weakness seeing as he's still able to take on hordes of yakuza and defeat highly-trained assassins like Baba and Amon with his bare hands, he's pretty far from being an incompetent unarmed fighter so it really shouldn't be listed as a weakness.
Iirc his skill tree refers to some of his grappling moves as being ones he learned in high school wrestling, so I think that the bit that says he knows pro wrestling ought to be changed.
Also, him being able to view the world in slow-motion is a reaction speed justification, but is listed as a justification for his Subsonic movement speed for some reason

I think some stuff in Shinada's profile should be adjusted.
Him being less skilled in unarmed combat compared to dudes like Kiryu and Akiyama is just him not being quite on-par with the absolute most skilled people in the verse, not actually a notable weakness seeing as he's still able to take on hordes of yakuza and defeat highly-trained assassins like Baba and Amon with his bare hands, he's pretty far from being an incompetent unarmed fighter so it really shouldn't be listed as a weakness.
Iirc his skill tree refers to some of his grappling moves as being ones he learned in high school wrestling, so I think that the bit that says he knows pro wrestling ought to be changed.
Could work.

Also, him being able to view the world in slow-motion is a reaction speed justification, but is listed as a justification for his Subsonic movement speed for some reason
Well, he can move around and aim all over the place so it'd stick to combat speed too, but it's mostly just support for being able to keep up with the other guys who also have Subsonic movement feats.

Just finished Yakuza 7 a few days ago.
😭
Holy crap, the ending :cry:

I actually started going through the substories of Yakuza 0. Honestly on my first playthrough the main story had me so hooked up I just ignored everything else altogether >_>;. Gotta say, aside the weirdness... dude, they really made me like Kiryu.

Holy crap, the ending :cry:

I actually started going through the substories of Yakuza 0. Honestly on my first playthrough the main story had me so hooked up I just ignored everything else altogether >_>;. Gotta say, aside the weirdness... dude, they really made me like Kiryu.
It was the opppsite for me, I kept getting hooked by the sidestories and minigames. I completed the Real Estate and Cabaret side stories as soon as I could.

It was the opppsite for me, I kept getting hooked by the sidestories and minigames. I completed the Real Estate and Cabaret side stories as soon as I could.
I actually regret skipping them, lol. A lot of good stuff is obtained precisely from side stuff. I didn't even know that Kiryu's Dragon of Dojima style was unlocked this way (I had assumed he obtained it during Yakuza 1 and since 0 is a prequel he just hadn't developed his trademark style yet) and the same for Majima's Mad Dog.

Dat epic echo when beating people up must feel nice, not gonna lie.

WITH THIS REVELATION, I DEMAND THAT THIS THREAD BE RENAMED TO LIKE A DRAGON DISCUSSION THREAD.

Sorry my CapsLock broke.

Back