• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dead Souls is canon and it was Kiryu's dream (saw it on Reddit)

Nah it’s just alt timeline stuff (cosmology buff though)

Dead Souls is canon and it was Kiryu's dream (saw it on Reddit)

Nah it’s just alt timeline stuff (cosmology buff though)
Why is your quoting acting up 😟

Are you sure is just alt timeline stuff? The omage given shows Kiryu recalling the events of Dead Souls as a dream

Why is your quoting acting up 😟

Because despite being a programmer HTML still is a little funky to me sometimes.

Are you sure is just alt timeline stuff? The omage given shows Kiryu recalling the events of Dead Souls as a dream
And then he immediately follows it up with “could this be me in a parallel timeline?” and then the image description backs that up

Oh yeah ichiban calc was like mach 16 right?
Yeah. I didn't apply it yet because I wasn't sure whether it fit right with guys like him who was still yet to actually ascend to Kiryu's level, so I thought at best a compromise would be to restrict it to Reactions only, with a chance of the top dogs possibly scaling above it in combat speed and reactions.

Yeah. I didn't apply it yet because I wasn't sure whether it fit right with guys like him who was still yet to actually ascend to Kiryu's level, so I thought at best a compromise would be to restrict it to Reactions only, with a chance of the top dogs possibly scaling above it in combat speed and reactions.
OK but ichiban is still like, high/top tier in IW, just not god tier right?

OK but ichiban is still like, high/top tier in IW, just not god tier right?
Probably. Haven't played it myself (No way in hell am I gonna draw blood on the console version and I sure as shit ain't gonna pay the stupid prices on PC, what with the paywalled NG+ and all that shit)

Probably. Haven't played it myself (No way in hell am I gonna draw blood on the console version and I sure as shit ain't gonna pay the stupid prices on PC, what with the paywalled NG+ and all that shit)
DLC's go on sale sometimes right? I'm going to buy the base game and wait for price drops on extra content.

Doesn't the calc scale to how fast he can move his hand? Afterall aren't most of the lower calcs casual point blank dodges

Doesn't the calc scale to how fast he can move his hand? Afterall aren't most of the lower calcs casual point blank dodges
Yes, but at the time I didn't know if he could do it repeatedly (Given that in YLAD he's not high/top tier yet), hence I left it as "Reactions" only until further notice.

Yes, but at the time I didn't know if he could do it repeatedly (Given that in YLAD he's not high/top tier yet), hence I left it as "Reactions" only until further notice.
With Infinite Wealth however, this is no longer a concern in all honesty. I'd rather add it with the general revision compiling all the other equipment and stuff tho.

Ohh i get it
I assume a posisble mach 16 ichiban tiees in general soon or only.the yakuza top dogs that are >> ichiban individually

Hi guys! Just a fellow Yakuza/Like a Dragon fan like you all, the series is peak and there is no bad games yes that includes the "bad games" claimed by the people

Anyways here's a Google doc I made on Yakuzies feats, I'm still technically updating it but I figured I'd start somewhere to get this noticed and post it here so it can get noticed

And yes you guys have my permission to turn certain calcs you see into blogs and are capable of changing anything you want after converting any calcs from here into said blogs

Ngl I really wanna calculate the size of that Giant Shark from IW and maybe the Mountain God making an avalanche from Y5

Hi guys! Just a fellow Yakuza/Like a Dragon fan like you all, the series is peak and there is no bad games yes that includes the "bad games" claimed by the people

Anyways here's a Google doc I made on Yakuzies feats, I'm still technically updating it but I figured I'd start somewhere to get this noticed and post it here so it can get noticed

And yes you guys have my permission to turn certain calcs you see into blogs and are capable of changing anything you want after converting any calcs from here into said blogs
Some of the feats here are kinda re-done iffy.

Particularly the Lao Gui feat. Only way the bullet gets deflected is if it doesn't go further beyond Majima's hand, if it went any further there'd be nothing to deflect and Majima would end up getting shot instead (The muzzle flash also realistically doesn't extend much further than his palm's width as per these shots, it only looks long because of the blur distortion but then corrects itself), so basically, the actual distance travelled by the bullet would be worth Majima's hand + thumb relaxed.

Ichiban's bullet block feat kinda got... too high in your version. Ichiban's afro makes it highly unreliable for measurements (Compared to me using his original perm hairstyle which nails more accurate results as it's closer to his scalp), and using Shin Amon instead to find the gun distance and what-have-you would be significantly more accurate IMHO.

The laser feats I don't have to tell you wouldn't fly because none of them qualify for our laser/light beam dodging feats criteria.

The Kiryu vs Andre feat you got Kiryu's full height too short, it should've extended to the near top of his hairline (Like this). The ang-sizing is also inaccurate, it you left out deg after 70. There's a shortcut way to do this tho.
  • Distance from point of view to object = object size * panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]
This would end up reducing the distance between the gun and Kiryu by a ****-ton.

The other feats use... questionable pictures on monitors and such. It'd be better if they were screenshotted using original hardware, like a PC or some sort.

The others are just hyperbole-ish, like the meteor stuff.

The Ishin, Kenzan and Dead Souls feats look baller tho, but those might need people smarter than me. So yeah.

Particularly the Lao Gui feat. Only way the bullet gets deflected is if it doesn't go further beyond Majima's hand, if it went any further there'd be nothing to deflect and Majima would end up getting shot instead (The muzzle flash also realistically doesn't extend much further than his palm's width as per these shots, it only looks long because of the blur distortion but then corrects itself), so basically, the actual distance travelled by the bullet would be worth Majima's hand + thumb relaxed.

Ichiban's bullet block feat kinda got... too high in your version. Ichiban's afro makes it highly unreliable for measurements (Compared to me using his original perm hairstyle which nails more accurate results as it's closer to his scalp), and using Shin Amon instead to find the gun distance and what-have-you would be significantly more accurate IMHO.

The laser feats I don't have to tell you wouldn't fly because none of them qualify for our laser/light beam dodging feats criteria.

The Kiryu vs Andre feat you got Kiryu's full height too short, it should've extended to the near top of his hairline (Like this). The ang-sizing is also inaccurate, it you left out deg after 70. There's a shortcut way to do this tho.
  • Distance from point of view to object = object size * panel height in pixels/[object height in pixels*2*tan(70deg/2)]
This would end up reducing the distance between the gun and Kiryu by a ****-ton.

The other feats use... questionable pictures on monitors and such. It'd be better if they were screenshotted using original hardware, like a PC or some sort.

The Ishin, Kenzan and Dead Souls feats look baller tho, but those might need people smarter than me. So yeah.

Also I don't see the issue in Ichiban's stuff at least since he's still point blank from the bullet and personally the method used for reacting to the bullet on the vsbattles blog here is lowballing because of the appearance of the bat/how Ichiban would realistically move the bat in order to block the bullet but I am willing to take you up on that offer you made for Kiryu and Andre, I also prefer to focus on skin and not hair Kiryu's hair didn't start accurately matching his height until Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 6 and beyond to my knowledge. Oh! And Ryusho scene is way too notable to be completely disregarded it's clear much closer than the Amon Shotgun scene and would dish out way more notable results but if you have a method for determining it's distance I'm open

I also do not see Majima's entire arm let alone his hand move prior and after the muzzle flash lol kinda curious what frame it comes from though

I don't even see what makes Saigo's statement hyperbolic at this point and So Amon's Demi Cannon is the same Beam the Clan has used throughout the franchise

Wait since when is the technology method for doing calculations an issue? I've never heard using a PC is more accurate than using other forms of tech, though I did screenshot these from my phone don't see why that's even an issue

Last edited:
Also I don't see the issue in Ichiban's stuff at least since he's still point blank from the bullet
Which I myself measured to be 0.06-ish meters. Using a much more reliable measuring stick to scale from: Amon.

and personally the method used for reacting to the bullet on the vsbattles blog here is lowballing because of the appearance of the bat/how Ichiban would realistically move the bat in order to block the bullet
Nope, can't use the bat here because we don't count it if it's perpendicular/not level with the arm, because of that one could easily assume the bat moved at the same time as the right lower arm.

but I am willing to take you up on that offer you made for Kiryu and Andre, I also prefer to focus on skin and not hair Kiryu's hair didn't start accurately matching his height until Yakuza 0 or Yakuza 6 and beyond to my knowledge.
Not really an issue when you can see the scalp line up naturally with the hairline, just gotta be careful where you see it go.

Oh! And Ryusho scene is way too notable to be completely disregarded it's clear much closer than the Amon Shotgun scene and would dish out way more notable results but if you have a method for determining it's distance I'm open
I was mostly focusing on the main game feats and not the PSP ones.

I also do not see Majima's entire arm let alone his hand move prior and after the muzzle flash lol kinda curious what frame it comes from though
Majima's arm is basically holding him up when he gets shot in the first frame, then in the next frame when he counters the gun his left arm is pretty much horizontal and level with his eyes as he grabs the end of the muzzle, to pull this off he'd have to move his entire arm in a 90-degree arc. Basic biomechanics would tell you there's no way to pull this off without moving his arm and rotating his entire self to his right side with his momentum.

Basically, they cut the movement out, but it still does happen behind the scenes. Cuts like this happen in many games mostly to just save time, but it does indeed happen even if you can't see it. So I will have to disagree with you on this.

I don't even see what makes Saigo's statement hyperbolic at this point and So Amon's Demi Cannon is the same Beam the Clan has used throughout the franchise
Other than the fact that Saigo ends up telling silly little lies to Akiyama whereas the Amon Clan does not?

As for the beam, it's calc-stacking. You cannot calculate the speed of the beam to then calculate how fast Kiryu moved in comparison to it. Even then, it'd be a massive outlier.

Wait since when is the technology method for doing calculations an issue? I've never heard using a PC is more accurate than using other forms of tech, though I did screenshot these from my phone don't see why that's even an issue
The problem is that these screenshots are at weird angles and incredibly blurry (Some are outright taken on a phone camera which is a big no-no now). We have rules for outright demanding high-quality screenshots whenever possible (On PC there are a variety of tools you can use to do so, like MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner or a game's built-in photo mode, and on consoles there are built-in screenshot tools you can use to do so). Much preferable to reduce the margin of error as much as possible to avoid wacky results.

Last edited:
Which I myself measured to be 0.06-ish meters. Using a much more reliable measuring stick to scale from: Amon.

Nope, can't use the bat here because we don't count it if it's perpendicular/not level with the arm, because of that one could easily assume the bat moved at the same time as the right lower arm.
Even going by your distance I still don't believe the speed would only be Hypersonic+ I've also seen Ichiban parry a few times there's no factual way he could have gone from his original position into his parrying position without shifting the bat rough 180° mind you I said the bat not his entire arm only roughly from the elbow to his hand would be moving about that much
Not really an issue when you can see the scalp line up naturally with the hairline, just gotta be careful where you see it go.
Yes I'm aware but Yakuza 3 Kiryu's model was really off compared to his future counterparts from where his head and hair is I don't see the scalp outline on his model
I was mostly focusing on the main game feats and not the PSP ones.
I actually meant to say Reiji not Ryusho lol that was a mistake in naming on my part. The Reiji scene looks far closer compared to the Amon Shotgun scene and would give much higher results no matter what way you slice it, I also wouldn't really consider it anything past Hypersonic an Outlier the series has had multiple other instances of faster than Hypersonic calcs and the cast gets stronger with every iteration of Yakuza up until IW, proof being Kiryu telling Majima hes definitely got stronger compared to when they first met early Y1 to the point he's even surpassed his Y0 counterpart. Jo Amon having killed Y2 Kiryu in a simulation based on Minamoto's machine yet gets his ass kicked by Y3 Kiryu, the Amon Brothers also flat out state they've gotten stronger between Y4 and Y5 and Jo tells Kiryu the Amon Clan has been focusing on nothing but getting stronger for generations. Hell, Ichiban's kinda underestimated, Nanba states he's a Boxing nerd and Tendo was the strongest Boxer he's ever seen surpassing Kuze, Nogi from Kurohyou and Early Kurohyou 2 Tatsuya both of the games takes place during the events of Yakuza 4 and 5
Majima's arm is basically holding him up when he gets shot in the first frame, then in the next frame when he counters the gun his left arm is pretty much horizontal and level with his eyes as he grabs the end of the muzzle, to pull this off he'd have to move his entire arm in a 90-degree arc. Basic biomechanics would tell you there's no way to pull this off without moving his arm and rotating his entire self to his right side with his momentum.
Wait, actually wasn't this calculations distance that Majima moved determined by you? I just only recalculated the distance the frames part you showed me also shows Lao pulls the trigger in the top half and Majima doesn't move his arm yet even after the muzzle flash comes
Basically, they cut the movement out, but it still does happen behind the scenes. Cuts like this happen in many games mostly to just save time, but it does indeed happen even if you can't see it. So I will have to disagree with you on this.

Other than the fact that Saigo ends up telling silly little lies to Akiyama whereas the Amon Clan does not?
He admittedly does say cap shit at times but I'd prefer at least using stuff based on your combat training with him because he was still right about his training giving you gains so much your physical capabilities are "multiplied", Akiyama even states he feels stronger
As for the beam, it's calc-stacking. You cannot calculate the speed of the beam to then calculate how fast Kiryu moved in comparison to it. Even then, it'd be a massive outlier.
Yeah I'm still not seeing the Outlier lol and I figured it was the only shots we had of Kiryu moving and a shown speed for the beam since we know it's dubious atm to claim it's lightspeed
The problem is that these screenshots are at weird angles and incredibly blurry (Some are outright taken on a phone camera which is a big no-no now). We have rules for outright demanding high-quality screenshots whenever possible (On PC there are a variety of tools you can use to do so, like MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner or a game's built-in photo mode, and on consoles there are built-in screenshot tools you can use to do so). Much preferable to reduce the margin of error as much as possible to avoid wacky results.
I shit you not my friend I have made calculations using this same exact method for Amphibia calculations and they all got approved and are currently still linked with the cast's profiles so that's why I'm confused on this picture topic

The strongest yakuza calcer of today vs the strongest yakuza calcer of the past-
I can assure you I'm willing to take any ultimatums that will lead to Yakuza getting the in-depth analysis it deserves lol

For instance when are we gonna get stats for the Kurohyou characters

Even going by your distance I still don't believe the speed would only be Hypersonic+ I've also seen Ichiban parry a few times there's no factual way he could have gone from his original position into his parrying position without shifting the bat rough 180° mind you I said the bat not his entire arm only roughly from the elbow to his hand would be moving about that much
Again, biomechanics. The bat becomes irrelevant in the grand scheme of things because of how our arms work.

BTW, when Shin shoots his gun, his bat is actually perpendicular, so by the time he finished the block, his bat is now vertical, that'd be more indicative of a 90-degree arc block instead of a 180-degree block. That being said however, it's generally considered iffy to use a weapon movement if another limb is moving with it in tandem, thereby making the limb better and more accurate to use in any case for the sake of having to avoid inflating the feat too much. Even then, I doubt it'd break out of the Hypersonic-Hypersonic+ threshold.

Yes I'm aware but Yakuza 3 Kiryu's model was really off compared to his future counterparts from where his head and hair is I don't see the scalp outline on his model
It really won't make a difference in the long run. You just need to look for where the head curves, his hair style is not extreme enough to hide the outline of his actual skull in any of the games. In a lot of games with normal hairstyles, the hair itself is extremely negligible when it comes to measuring height.

I actually meant to say Reiji not Ryusho lol that was a mistake in naming on my part. The Reiji scene looks far closer compared to the Amon Shotgun scene and would give much higher results no matter what way you slice it,
I'd rather you treated the feats separately and on their own merit.

I also wouldn't really consider it anything past Hypersonic an Outlier the series has had multiple other instances of faster than Hypersonic calcs and the cast gets stronger with every iteration of Yakuza up until IW, proof being Kiryu telling Majima hes definitely got stronger compared to when they first met early Y1 to the point he's even surpassed his Y0 counterpart. Jo Amon having killed Y2 Kiryu in a simulation based on Minamoto's machine yet gets his ass kicked by Y3 Kiryu, the Amon Brothers also flat out state they've gotten stronger between Y4 and Y5 and Jo tells Kiryu the Amon Clan has been focusing on nothing but getting stronger for generations. Hell, Ichiban's kinda underestimated, Nanba states he's a Boxing nerd and Tendo was the strongest Boxer he's ever seen surpassing Kuze, Nogi from Kurohyou and Early Kurohyou 2 Tatsuya both of the games takes place during the events of Yakuza 4 and 5
Strength increase doesn't usually correlate with a speed increase.

Wait, actually wasn't this calculations distance that Majima moved determined by you?
The distance moved by the bullet? No, someone else did it.

Except, now that I realize it, it's wrong. The barrel length is where the bullet accelerates. True top speed (Muzzle velocity) is reached after the bullet fully leaves the gun at the muzzle. I'll re-do the calc with the brand-new muzzle velocity and "bullet travelled" distance.

I just only recalculated the distance the frames part you showed me also shows Lao pulls the trigger in the top half and Majima doesn't move his arm yet even after the muzzle flash comes
In the first half when we see the muzzle flash and Majima's face is completely distorted, his left arm is still on the ground. Immediately after in the next frame tho, he just magically moves his left arm towards the direction of the muzzle. It's not shown seamlessly (Devs always do shit like this in video games to save resources and time), but ultimately it doesn't matter, it still happened.

He admittedly does say cap shit at times but I'd prefer at least using stuff based on your combat training with him because he was still right about his training giving you gains so much your physical capabilities are "multiplied", Akiyama even states he feels stronger
Yeah no, we don't assume multipliers without officially-backed statements.

Yeah I'm still not seeing the Outlier lol and I figured it was the only shots we had of Kiryu moving and a shown speed for the beam since we know it's dubious atm to claim it's lightspeed
The gap between Hypersonic and MHS+ is roughly 256.6 times. That's more than enough of a gap to call the laser "inconsistent" and even an outlier if there is no explanation for such an extreme increase in speed.

Also, the worst part is, Kiryu is not even in front of So when he shoots, and Kiryu dodges before the laser is fired (I went frame-by-frame for this). This is what we'd call textbook aim-dodging.

I shit you not my friend I have made calculations using this same exact method for Amphibia calculations and they all got approved and are currently still linked with the cast's profiles so that's why I'm confused on this picture topic
Then it seems like some of these will have to be re-done for the sake of greater accuracy.

Last edited:
I can assure you I'm willing to take any ultimatums that will lead to Yakuza getting the in-depth analysis it deserves lol
Yeah well not everyone has state-of-the-art battlestations to emulate the old games on, and Kenzan is... eh. It's in a very terrible spot when it comes to gameplay jank.

For instance when are we gonna get stats for the Kurohyou characters
When someone figures out how to get the camera working in the game with PPSSPP LMAO

Back