• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Prolly shouldn't matter much in terms of scaling to the tiers or speeds, since they're done by significantly weakened characters in Kiwami, with Kiryu even outright stating he was nowhere near the Prime he had achieved in 0.
Huh, wonder where I missed that in Kiwami 1. I did every Majima mission and Komaki training, dammit!

It’s right at the start, Kiryu mentions he’s way out of practice. By the end of Majima Everywhere he states he’s surpassed his 0 self though

He didn’t really do any notable fighting in 88 and Kiwami is very closely tied to 0, so it makes sense to be ‘88.

my ass is not ready for this
v6tl734gs9zb1_1.gif

Hey, I also started with 7, pretty good game.
Same here, woo! Absolutely loved it. Then jumped to 0 and Kiwami.

Random rambling here, but uh...

My only issue is that to fully get what's going on with Kiryu for 8 I have to play The Man Who Erased His Name, and to get that game I have to play 6, and to get THAT ONE I have to play 5 and given Kiryu is a main character this time around instead of a supporting key figure it seems like a big deal.

In the end I decided screw it, just gonna leave that "narrative hole" (to put it somehow) there and take my time to play the series in order to fill the gaps on Kiryu and just play 8 to follow Ichiban. Kinda go for a "Oh! So that's why Kiryu did this or that! And that's what happened!" sort of reaction when I eventually catch up.

Same here, woo! Absolutely loved it. Then jumped to 0 and Kiwami.

Random rambling here, but uh...

My only issue is that to fully get what's going on with Kiryu for 8 I have to play The Man Who Erased His Name, and to get that game I have to play 6, and to get THAT ONE I have to play 5 and given Kiryu is a main character this time around instead of a supporting key figure it seems like a big deal.

In the end I decided screw it, just gonna leave that "narrative hole" (to put it somehow) there and take my time to play the series in order to fill the gaps on Kiryu and just play 8 to follow Ichiban. Kinda go for a "Oh! So that's why Kiryu did this or that! And that's what happened!" sort of reaction when I eventually catch up.
Or you can bite the bullet and watch longplays... Though that aint as fun + it misses a ton of substories that are going to be important in 8

I feel like 5 isn’t really that crucial to 6, the only connecting tissue is 6 starting where 5 left off but 5’s narrative beats don’t matter for 6.

@AnAverageUsername: I actually have considered it, given the many games I have left to cover, but also, like you say, it's just not the same. While watching the main plot like a series kinda works out, there's a lot of stuff that's missed out, and with 8 just a month away it's still quite a lot to binge 6 games (including Man Who Erased His Name) in this time even as if they were long movies.

@JJSliderman: Ah, didn't know that, I thought 6 was kinda like the second half of the story 5 started, my bad.

@AnAverageUsername: I actually have considered it, given the many games I have left to cover, but also, like you say, it's just not the same. While watching the main plot like a series kinda works out, there's a lot of stuff that's missed out, and with 8 just a month away it's still quite a lot to binge 6 games (including Man Who Erased His Name) in this time even as if they were long movies.
Ive been binging the series to prepare and Yakuza 3 took me a year alone just so I can do every substory, these games get rough (God I am glad cabaret management is back so I don't have to do stupid cabaret club dating shit)

Ive been binging the series to prepare and Yakuza 3 took me a year alone just so I can do every substory, these games get rough (God I am glad cabaret management is back so I don't have to do stupid cabaret club dating shit)
Holy frig... yeaaaah, better take my time with each game, lol. Is the cabaret club dating too bad?

Holy frig... yeaaaah, better take my time with each game, lol. Is the cabaret club dating too bad?
It's slow, boring, and takes a lot of money if you want to complete the clubs early. There's like, 10 hostesses for Kiryu to talk to in 3, with 5 conversations needed for each of them even with perfect responses. Luckily I think hostesses are only needed for 3 to fight Amon. From 6 onwards you can fight Amon without completing every substory.

I think he’ll probably remain as an Akiyama tier or so, he feels a lot like the Luffy of the series (maybe not always the strongest, but his friends are his power).
Yeah It's kinda hard for Ichiban to get those kinds of feats now. Kiryu is getting weaker and can only draw out his true power by pushing himself to his limit, Majima always complains about getting too old each game and he along with Saejima and Daigo are out at the docks.... Unless Shishido comes back and attacks him, there aren't any top tier fighters he can scale off of. (Minus Aizawa if he comes back as a true dragon)

Also weren't the supernatural shit in 7 when enemies and the allies trasnform stated to be ichiban imagination? Cuz i noticed his Profile uses that

I feel like all the non-heat action stuff has some basis in reality (like the sujimon backed up by the sujidex appearing outside the battle system), but stuff like the laser is exaggerated in the animation yeah. Ichi having death hax is funny though, and there is a minor level of subjective reality in the series.

Back