• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Majima doing orchestral for his summons like V

I use reddit often for gaming news and the Yakuza community on there are so adamant that the wacky stuff Majima and the summons do in Y7 isn't real, but here we have majima summoning sharks outta water, giant apes, electric shocking people with his knifes and no Ichiban tied to his hip.

I use reddit often for gaming news and the Yakuza community on there are so adamant that the wacky stuff Majima and the summons do in Y7 isn't real, but here we have majima summoning sharks outta water, giant apes, electric shocking people with his knifes and no Ichiban tied to his hip.
Eh, Majima was already insane beforehand. Out all of his appearances in the Yakuza games, 7 take it to the extreme plus it is confirmed that Ichiban literally has a gamer imagination in the first game he debuted in being Yakuza 7.

Also since no one brought it up, Adachi literally mentioned this as well in Yakuza 7 about Ichiban’s gamer imagination as I played Yakuza 7 myself and recall those specific dialogues.

Edit: Also there is Kiryu vs Ichiban and the gang.

The same community will then go on to say that supernatural stuff like monsters and gods exist in the setting, please stop taking redditors seriously.

Majima was summoning clones in 5, and thr others including Ichiban could see them

He's built different, there's a reason Saejima considered him the strongest

Majima was summoning clones in 5, and thr others including Ichiban could see them

Oh yeah, this would mean that Saejima in 5 would consider Majima stronger than the Y4 Kiryu he fought, yeah? And even a half-dead, out of his prime Majima was stalemating an even stronger Saejima from then.

For me, the Poundmate System animations in Yakuza 7 was over the top, but enjoyable to use. However, I won’t deny Yakuza 7 brought up Ichiban’s gamer imagination like multiple times. Hell, Kiryu vs Ichiban and gang is proof of his gamer imagination running wild.

However, any other instances outside of 7’s Poundmate System is probably legit

Oh yeah, this would mean that Saejima in 5 would consider Majima stronger than the Y4 Kiryu he fought, yeah? And even a half-dead, out of his prime Majima was stalemating an even stronger Saejima from then.
Maybe, but hard to say since Kiryu has some insane feats in his arsenal such as fighting dozens of Tojo Clan members while being a Ex Yakuza himself. Do you remember when he stated it though?

Maybe, but hard to say since Kiryu has some insane feats in his arsenal such as fighting dozens of Tojo Clan members while being a Ex Yakuza himself.
Yeah but Majima always states that "Oh I'm old, I'm getting older" (still kills it at 60 though). Majima also took out every Omi member that was invading in YK2 on his lonesome as well, same with him demolishing the Dojima family in 0.
Do you remember when he stated it though?
It was after the news of Majima being killed was spreading iirc.

Yeah but Majima always states that "Oh I'm old, I'm getting older" (still kills it at 60 though). Majima also took out every Omi member that was invading in YK2 on his lonesome as well, same with him demolishing the Dojima family in 0.
Meanwhile Kiryu face off against a Tiger. A bloody tiger and storm a Castle.

Speaks of which, the castle scene in question.

@Unknownnah @AnAverageUsername @Shmooply @HammerStrikes219
Yeah I gotta ignore those upvotes for it lol.
To add on to the realy wacky stuff I'm more in flavour for it, though would you lot like to see it in titles like a supposed Judgement 3/ and other spin offs, or do you like how different the games are?
Not all games were pure wacky stuff in general tbf. I feel like the wacky stuff exist just fine with the serious stuff

To add on to the realy wacky stuff I'm more in flavour for it, though would you lot like to see it in titles like a supposed Judgement 3/ and other spin offs, or do you like how different the games are?
For Ichiban focused stories, the wacky parts are kinda engrained into it. I'd also like to see some of that wacky stuff in a Saejima spin off, considering he's the residential weird man seeing Kappa's and fighting mountain gods.

As long as the combats good.
Demon Bear in Yakuza 0 been like “I not your average bear lol”
Demon Bear is literally just Yama-Oroshi with a different name lol. (And shitty textures.)

As long as the combats good.

Demon Bear is literally just Yama-Oroshi with a different name lol. (And shitty textures.)
Also because Yakuza 0 came out after the previous Yakuza games (2015 and released on Xbox in 2020 I think).

The Yakuza games, aside from Yakuza 1 and 2 as those 2 got a remake, got the remastered treatment

If the Majima Gaiden teasers and trailers are anything to go off of, he might end up fighting a giant shark as well.
I'm fine with the wacky stuff, but I feel like they should tone it down a bit in Ichiban's games. Love the spin-offs more than the mainline games at times, but I don't know what they could cook with Judgment or Kurohyou 3

For me, the Poundmate System animations in Yakuza 7 was over the top, but enjoyable to use. However, I won’t deny Yakuza 7 brought up Ichiban’s gamer imagination like multiple times. Hell, Kiryu vs Ichiban and gang is proof of his gamer imagination running wild.

However, any other instances outside of 7’s Poundmate System is probably legit
I think the imagination stuff is probably real and 8 just made me more sure of it as some sort of subjective reality, after it canonized Sujimon designs and how Ichiban’s imagined giant squid boss left behind golden tentacles irl.

I think the imagination stuff is probably real and 8 just made me more sure of it as some sort of subjective reality, after it canonized Sujimon designs and how Ichiban’s imagined giant squid boss left behind golden tentacles irl.
Not true when Ichiban got his ass kicked by Kiryu with the gang in Yakuza 7 plus Sujimon involves game mechanics and on top of that, the substory kinda doesn’t help so it ain’t really subjective reality shenanigans when Ichiban imagine a dragon and himself being a knight taking down the dragon after the fight with Kiryu.

Also game mechanics for Yakuza 7 and 8 does involve RPG elements so it is something to take note of.

Don’t even get me started on the final boss stage of Yakuza 7 which shown the gang banging up some Omi remnants fodder members.

Hell, we see Adachi beating up a guy upon the defeat of Ryo.

Oh yeah, I forget about the fact the game force you to use Freelancer to beat up the final boss after you beat his minions. Well, that make it actually more so of Ichiban’s imagination taking a backseat there lol

Not true when Ichiban got his ass kicked by Kiryu with the gang in Yakuza 7 plus Sujimon involves game mechanics and on top of that, the substory kinda doesn’t help so it ain’t really subjective reality shenanigans when Ichiban imagine a dragon and himself being a knight taking down the dragon after the fight with Kiryu.
Sujimon is kind of a canon part of the world, you have to interact with the Sujimon battle minigame in 8, there’s an entire section devoted to Sujimon studies with the exact same designs and attacks Ichiban sees in game, they appear as their battle designs on Dondoko. Kiryu winning doesn’t really affect that.
Also game mechanics for Yakuza 7 and 8 does involve RPG elements so it is something to take note of.
It’s not just game mechanics when Ichiban gets a reward for something that was claimed to be imaginary, in a cutscene in that big swell DLC.

Back