• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would the verse authors agree or disagree with our profiles

Another one because why not: I think Kinoko Nasu would agree with most Fate profiles

yeah but someone said this

Pokemonfan807 said:
question does mr nasu himself believe in multiversal fate.

if we interviewed him would he say yes about it?
The second magic exists. If you mean AP-wise, probably not. (From everything12)

also @Ultra_instinct_issei

Said this

“uh what? nasu himself doesn't believe his characters are multiversal?”

and then @Ubdon said this

“If it's not about any wiki tier system, but just about if Nasu believe in multiversal fate, then I'd rather say yes than no.”

I'm gonna travel to the past to see what the author of JOTW thinks of Sun wokong's rating
Maybe you could ask it to modern Buddhists and stuff. Though you could just imagine if he were somehow alive today

also @ActuallySpaceMan42 can answer this for you as he’s very knowledgeable on JTTW.

though tbh a lot of stuff was really overpowered then because our ancestors didn’t really know what solar systems and various other things were. We didn’t have the scientific knowledge back then.

Since Pkfan requested it, I could talk a bit about Rider.

I think most of our KR tierings are fairly agreed upon. I think the writers would agree on Kuuga's nuke kick, Hibiki's tornado, maybe even Decade's tierings. However when we get to people like tier 2 Revice and Build, they probably wouldn't agree. Some author's like Gaim's author have a far better idea of scaling than others like Revice.

The Boys: I know very little about the comics, but the TV show's characters cap at 8-B and Hypersonic+ with Homelander and Soldier Boy, so it's really no big deal, since it's pretty down-to-earth compared to other fictional verses.

DC Super Hero Girls: They might be skeptical about 5-B and FTL from a gag feat (the latter of which I'm trying to downgrade). They'd most likely disagree with characters like BATGIRL and BUMBLEBEE scaling to it. The "possibly Class Y" is self-explanatory, though.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (apparently there were profiles but they were deleted):
  • Looking at these drafts, Tier 8 would be comfortable and consistent
  • 10-A Adora / Catra is a lowball since they have several blatant Tier 9 feats
  • The Heart of Etheria is only acknowledged as able to destroy a planet, which they'd definitely disagree with considering its multiple and repetitive 3-A statements

Last edited:
Welp, seems I'm beholden to another favour. Got nothing better to do today lmao.

Would Tetsuya Takahashi agree with VSBW's approach to Xenoblade (and by extension Gears and Saga, what little work we've done on that) power scaling?

Such a concept is already an interesting mental exercise...

I guess it'd be best to start with a bit of housekeeping: when I say 'and by extension Gears and Saga', I am not implying that I agree with all the 'Zohar in Blade, Lost Jerusalem implicated' fan theories and headcannon that fly around on a daily basis in the fanbase (I do not care much for Jung or Nietzsche's writings, either, a lot of it boils down to pretentious waffle at the end of the day, contradicted by anecdote). IMO, this is simply a matter of Takahashi re-using approaches to tropes, and refining them. It's the reason that Blade's characters come of as a smidgen weaker than Saga's alleged T1 peak, because of new details in said lore, one example being Moebius explicitly being state to be dead for good (see Shania and Joran) when they are defeated, as opposed to Saga's Testaments like Kevin, who despite his death-turned-Testament at the hands of an earlier KOS-MOS archetype, lacks such a distinction (as seen by the ending of III, where no implication is given that he couldn't have just returned to the Collective Unconscious, hence making Testaments thinly-veiled Immortality). I have this noted down in my retrospective notes, actually:

pendesdock.png

If you're wondering about all the excess about the Divorce of the Mizrahi's, consider it an agreement of the fact that there are disconnects between writer and fandom, that's all.

If you're wondering more about my approach to Gears/Saga scaling, see here:

Now, onto the meat and potatoes of this article:

XC1
- While I did say 'yes' just a short while ago, I would have to amend that with a few caveats.

Shulk, Alvis and Zanza and Mayneth are all shoe-ins for our T2 (potentially T1) rating, for fairly obvious reasons (universe bust, Passage of Fate being a higher concept of existence (debateably) etc.), for they were the characters that Takahashi more than intended to make god tiers out of. Mechon Fiora also gets an Honorable mention, as Vanea makes it quite clear that she imbued Fiora's 'revival' as a Face Unit with Mayneth's presence. Hence, the will of the Bionis and Mechonis to find their souls a physical host, as noted by Alvis.

Melia is an interesting case, because while pre-XC3, I would have cautioned against any degree of Uni scaling in her general direction (Fog King being a result of instabilities in the new world Shulk and Alvis created with no gods, and that being taken in any number of directions), the XC3 scaling and her help in the fight against Z? Well, let's save that for XC3's section.

Every other character in XC1 vacillates between 'outlier' (Ryen, Sharla and Dunban have little to back up physical T7 feats, let alone planetary), and ambiguity (Dickson and Lorithia I think could more than get away with Planetary scaling, but it is made clear how ignorant of Zanza's true intentions they are, and vice versa. Lorithia believes she was 'promised immortality' before her death at the hands of Melia, and Dickson specifically flakes out of the end of a fight with the party on Prison Island, specifically stating 'this Martyr stuff ain't for me'. Zanza also appears alarmed at their passing for similar reasons, implying that the power he granted the Trinity wasn't meant for such a scale).

XC2 - Again, I've never understood most of XC2's T2 scaling tbh. Aion 'destroying all of existence', as well as being completely unsourced on our own articles (Phneuma's own wording is actually 'meant to destroy the world'), is a blanket term for the existence of the world (unless you consider 'Sekai' translations, which I'll refute in a second).

As I've said before, Malos needed Sirens to help destroy the planet, which is in line with the nihilism he shared with Amalthus, someone who is wholly uninterested with the greater universe, and just wanted to be reunited with his mother. Even if you want to make the argument that Aion is a result of Architect Klaus, the reason for the creation of the Bionis and Mechonis in XC1 (and shows awareness of the Multiverse), and that Malos is somehow unaware of the true power that Aion possesses... well, he wouldn't be, because he was one of the cornerstones of the Trinity Processor. And no, that doesn't mean that Malos scales, because Aion and the Conduit are separate objects, and was made more than aware of the eventual disappearance of the Conduit from Alrest (as noted by Klaus himself). This is not to take away T2 scaling from Klaus himself, as his presence within XC2 is meant to be that very outlier that even managed to scare Malos. I just caution against it's use elsewhere.

Remember also that to a good chunk of this fanbase, the destruction of a planet is supposed to be a massive spectacle. Takahashi probably wasn't as concerned about the power economy at play when he came up with the scenario, hence the contextual difficulty of Rex trying to talk Malos down from his manic state.

One thing that I do find funny about our approach to XC2 scaling (and I've said this before) is that stuff like Phneuma (i.e: the 3rd Aegis Sword) that's used to justify XC2's T2 scaling is the same thing that's used to Justify Torna's T6 footnotes ('three sank titans' being the key one, even with Malos's initial machinations taken into account) until it's used to justify T1/T2 scaling. Which is it?

XC3 - Much like XC1, this one is fairly simple. Z intercepted and froze the time of Aionios, a fusion of both the XC1 and XC2 universe (not just their worlds, as noted by this post I made a while back). And now that I think about it... that post is more than what I could say for this section, or at the very least can be used as exculpatory evidence later down the line. I don't personally stand by the 1-B rating anymore, because a lot of it was hype around new powers of the verse at the time.

Tl;dr: Yes for XC1 & XC3's T2 scaling, No for XC2.

yeah but someone said this

The second magic exists. If you mean AP-wise, probably not. (From everything12)

also @Ultra_instinct_issei

Said this

“uh what? nasu himself doesn't believe his characters are multiversal?”

and then @Ubdon said this

“If it's not about any wiki tier system, but just about if Nasu believe in multiversal fate, then I'd rather say yes than no.”
I don’t see why he wouldn’t agree. He’s established the concept of pruning timelines long ago and hell I believe even at the end of the Fate/Zero light novel Gil almost destroyed the universe with Enuma Elish. I’ll admit though it has been a while. It has also been consistently portrayed destroying reality marbles, Gil has come back from being teleported to the other end of the universe, and so many other characters have things at that level. He’d surely agree

HxH: for Togashi, Netero is 9-B with transonic speed

Jujutsu Kaisen: Ngl, If the profiles are updated it will be quite consistent with the series and the narrative. He would not be surprised to see Gojo being Tier 7, since Gege considers him strong and wants him to be. The guy has statements of being able to power an entire country

One Piece: Oda would laugh harder than Roger to find out that we consider Strong World to be canonical and we make characters like Usopp to be 6-C and for having so many High 6-A characters. Ngl, he will also probably consider wrong the speed, he will think something like "Well, but Kizaru is the fastest"

Actually Oda would hate us for the mess

90% of our horror franchises where the protagonist is tier 9: "But he was meant to simulate a normal human so that the player would feel more horrifying with the enemys"

HxH: for Togashi, Netero is 9-B with transonic speed

Jujutsu Kaisen: Ngl, If the profiles are updated it will be quite consistent with the series and the narrative. He would not be surprised to see Gojo being Tier 7, since Gege considers him strong and wants him to be. The guy has statements of being able to power an entire country

One Piece: he would laugh harder than Roger to find out that we consider the film to be canonical and we make characters like Usopp to be 6-C and for having so many High 6-A characters. Ngl, he will also probably consider wronf the speed, he will think something like "Well, but Kizaru is the fastest"

90% of our horror franchises where the protagonist is tier 9: "But he was meant to simulate a normal human so that the player would feel a more horrifying with the enemys"
Speaking of horror does that mean the creators of resident evil would agree to our profiles? Or is that a disagreement (if anyone here knows resident evil)

Danganronpa will be intresting....cause of how ridiculously out scale their current tiers are from the setting

what about stuff created by studio trigger: kill la kill, tengen lagann, flcl, darling in the franxx, and of course little witch academia.

could anyone possibly explain those ones for me thanks.

Megami Tensei: Due to the sheer number of authors and writers that have worked on the franchise throughout its history, I doubt there's one shared consensus around how powerful the verse should be. It's genuinely surprising how consistently the cosmology has been portrayed across different entries. With that said, it's hard to determine whether or not any one of the authors would agree with our interpretation because of how holistic it is.

Riordanverse: This verse has extremely outdated ratings, and we've still not finished downgrading High 4-C characters to High 6-B. But I'll say this:
  • I'm not familiar with the Percy Jackson side of the verse, but it's pretty much agreed on this forum that 6-C/Class E demigods is too high and should be downgraded. I feel like Rick Riordan would agree
  • He prolly won't be opposed to 5-C Thor and Jormungand (btw, there's no calc for Jormie circling the Earth, which is the whole basis for their tier. Umm...)
  • 6-B+ Loki from screaming is... weird. Like, the reasoning makes sense, but...
  • He might question our justifications for Frey, Njord, Aegir, Surt, and others, considering how lackluster and lazy they look (e.g. Surt's full power AP is 5-B, but his durability and SS are only 6-B+)

Last edited:
One Piece: Oda would laugh harder than Roger to find out that we consider Strong World to be canonical and we make characters like Usopp to be 6-C and for having so many High 6-A characters. Ngl, he will also probably consider wrong the speed, he will think something like "Well, but Kizaru is the fastest"

Wrong on literally everything... That's you.

Maybe besides usopp

Last edited:
That’s called game mechanics isn’t it?
No, this is just a weak excuse used over and over again. The narrative has you trapped in a house with dozens of zombies trying to invade it, obviously the developers are not going to think "Holy shit, a single zombie destroys this house"
Wrong on literally everything... That's you.

Maybe besides usopp
Boy, I'm not saying that the profiles are wrong Apart about the Strong World being canonical, I'm talking about what Oda thinks. I doubt he considers Kizaru is so slow with his Akuma and that so many characters are continental level

Ejen Ali: Tier 9 is pretty straightforward, but the fact that literal children are that strong would prolly seem weird to them. They'd most likely disagree with 7-C

Power Sphera Universe:
  • Nizam Razak would be surprised that he made 7-A and MHS+ 11-year-olds. I don't think he'd expect cloud feats to reach Tier 7 + Yaya and Ying have officially only been stated as Supersonic
  • I'm almost certain he'd disagree with the FTL ratings (same as me)
  • BBB Supra being Tier 6 wouldn't be a big surprise given how the Super Supra Blast is portrayed

Last edited:
For the most part I can't really think of anything he'd disagree with, aside from some outdated profiles and PART 7 speed scaling. I'm sure he'd completely agree with Jotaro being as strong and as fast as he is.

Basically Chariot190, M3X and others did pretty great work with the verse
What about metal gear?

Boy, I'm not saying that the profiles are wrong Apart about the Strong World being canonical, I'm talking about what Oda thinks. I doubt he considers Kizaru is so slow with his Akuma and that so many characters are continental level
I know... Oda wouldn't mind all movies he's apart of being canon, Akuma? While yes kizaru is probably the fastest in terms of traveling speed
-If you could be any character from "ONE PIECE", who would you want to be?

I think I would be Yellow Monkey. I want to be a nature (logia) type and I want to travel at the speed of light. Oh, Doflamingo would be good too. I would like to play a game like, "How far can I go in 2 hours?

Google translate:
Kizaru maybe. I want to become a natural (logia) type, and I want to move at the speed of light. Oh, and Doflamingo is good too. I want to grab a cloud and move it. I want to make a game where you can go to which country in 2 hours.
But in terms of fighting speeds someone like Rayleigh, shanks, mihawk and probably even someone like zoro is faster
and that so many characters are continental level
Uhh... This one is debatable... I think he agrees with the concept/scaling but that it fully doesn't work that way

but that's what I think 🤷‍♂️🙈

Back