• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would the verse authors agree or disagree with our profiles

I have no idea how Bryke would feel about the Avatar's being 5-C. They'd probably scoff at the idea of putting stats on characters in general.
Well there is this quote:
Korra's story in Book 2 was about humans moving beyond their ordinary abilities, and becoming something extraordinary. When she loses her connection to the past Avatars and her Avatar spirit, Korra looks deep within the cosmic version of herself. In Hindu philosophy, there is a concept called atman, which is definted as the "innermost essence of each individual" or "the supreme universal self." This is my interpretation of what Korra sees and becomes when she meditates. The giant blue cosmic Korra is a visual representation of her inner essence.

To add further to the discussion about how authors reacts to these kind of profiles or even fandom base power systems, for Destiny, the creative design and even in-verse stated that with powers such as the Light cannot be judged by a simple one dimensional concept of Monotonically increasing value in power or create an Ordinal ranking system.

That it is something that transcends logic and that it is multifactor, using simply physical measurements such as charge, heat or angular momentum is not the be all end all of power as feats are randomly influences by circumstantial, personal or esoteric factor. for a true understanding of one's power is about self-understanding, clarity of purpose and internalized phenomenology and ontology.

Just an interesting thought.

I mean, that can still be defined by just a range, like the bare minimal and the max capacity, instead of a single constant value, which for our purposes still kinda sucks however as we could end up with 10-A to 1-A Marvel characters and so on.

I mean, that can still be defined by just a range, like the bare minimal and the max capacity, instead of a single constant value, which for our purposes still kinda sucks however as we could end up with 10-A to 1-A Marvel characters and so on.
Yeah, I understand, in the lore even mentions how some people who tries to understand this power in that verse asks (Why haven't we won with our god like powers, and answers with how people with those powers are still developing them or focused on protecting and helping people)

It is interesting in the context of the story example, it is like it is self aware of real world debates on these levels, as it kind of tells us that these kind of things can happen at times, but at the core of it all, it about the individuals' place, such as to inspire and such. Like Superman or sometimes shonen characters.

Note that this is not my take and I am not saying anything negative on these fan sites who talks about this stuff as people form opinions, it is to say that these kind of self aware lore bits are to be appreciated that in the end for the authors, the story comes first and we should have fun too.

Last edited:
Would Anne Frank approve?

Back