• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Winds of Destruction (MGRR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I believe the Winds of Destruction as a whole should be boosted to Low 7-C (or At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C) for being able to fight with Raiden in his second cyborg body, in addition to fighting against Armstrong (given that he fights against everyone he hires to gauge their strength; see Sam). It's implied that Raiden couldn't have beaten Monsoon in particular without Ripper Mode.

Also, Sam and Bladewolf should get "Sub-Relativistic with Blade Mode", given that they also have access to that and should be comparable to Raiden in that regard.

Wait, what? I thought the Winds of Destruction were already rated as Low 7-C. I'm surprised to see that they aren't. Same thing for Bladewolf and Sam's Sub-Relativistic. I support this, obviously.

@NEH: They never were rated as Low 7-C. They are "At least 8-A" now but if this upgrade goes through, they'll get something out of this.

In any case, i find this reasonable and support the changes here.

I suppose this makes sense, however, have any of the Winds of Destruction been able to hurt Armstrong in a way similar to Sam? Because I believe only Sam and Raiden are the only ones who have been shown to even remotely hurt him.

I believe At least 8-A, likely Low 7-C is more suitable to be on the safe side, Raiden has been shown to be able to take a beating from them and still best them in a fight.

I have no issue with the Blade Mode scaling.

Armstrong's only as tough as he is due to the nanomachine reinforcement, which wouldn't scale to anyone but Ripper Mode Raiden.

Raiden is clearly superior to them, yes, but that doesn't mean they're so much weaker that they don't scale. Besides, Monsoon wasn't fodderized by Ripper Mode Raiden, and it was implied that Raiden needed it to beat him.

IIRC, there's also some dialogue in the fight against Sundowner where someone (sorry, i can't remember who it was) tells Raiden to stay away from Sundowner's explosive shield because of how dangerous it is.

@Prom Fair enough.

Wouldn't Monsoon's reactions scale to Raiden's Blade Mode based on the reasoning provided for his speed?

It's hard to tell with Monsoon, since he only really demonstrated those speeds with dislocating himself, and that could be automatic for all we know.

Anyways, the changes seem well supported, so I'll go ahead and start making them.

Done.

I'll leave the thread open for a while if anyone else has anything to say.

I'm thinking about things again, and...

Given that the Small Town calc is already at the low end of the tier, it'd probably be appropriate to put Bladewolf and Khamsin as "At least Multi-City Block level+", given that they're both much weaker than the Winds of Destruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back