• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some good MGR calcs from Deviantart

So this excellent calc-maker, named Kirito352, has made some excellent Metal gear Rising calcs on Deviantart that could mean major upgrades for the game's characters.

Note: He does believe that Ripper Mode is a 7x multiplier, which I know this wiki says is game mechanics, but we'll discuss scaling between Ripper and Base (which IMO should just be 2x but that's not to discuss now) if/when this is accepted.

1. Not a big one, but the missile hopping calc here is slightly above the current one on the wiki (Mach 1910 vs Mach 1658).

2. Another minor one is this calc of Armstrong destroying Excelsus with 1.5x the power of the calc currently being used, at 182.456 kilotons instead of 121.6 kilotons.

3. Speaking of Relativistic Blade + Ripper Mode Raiden, this feat of him reacting to Monsoon's attacks puts Ripper + Blade Mode Raiden's reaction speed at Mach 255,955.47, or 29% the speed of light.

4. Also, at the top of the page here, his version of Raiden holding back Outer Haven is 363 million tons, so still class G but like 46 times above the current calc.

5. A 2.659 megaton feat for Raiden's Ripper Mode based on velocity stuff with Blade Mode (not sure how it'd downscale to Base Raiden but it'd put Ripper Mode Raiden and Armstrong at Low 7-B each)

6. This insane outlier feat that definitely won't be accepted but is worth mentioning anyways

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Speaking of 6-C, there's this calc of Armstrong's, but it's just another version of a previous calc that wasn't accepted for various reasons.

Some of that sus but some of that ain't. I'm gonna check how we got EXCEL's size tho, iirc the current calc we use uses a volume obtained by just straight up comparing the in game models ripped directly from the data, if it is the case like I think it is, ours would be more accurate.

The missile he used for speed is cool tho but why wouldn't he just scale how much it actually move instead of assuming a arbitrary distance?

He made another calc that assumed that Raiden can swing his sword at relativistic speeds (which yielded a 1.16 megaton result, of just above baseline Low 7-B), but I found that to be very questionable so I didn't add it.

The missile he used for speed is cool tho but why wouldn't he just scale how much it actually move instead of assuming a arbitrary distance?
I don't know enough calc skills to answer that.

Besides, regardless of which one is right it doesn't change the speed result that much.

I feel this massively breaks the KE rules and feels like a big nono. But that's pretty wild though.

5. A 2.659 megaton feat for Raiden's Ripper Mode based on velocity stuff with Blade Mode (not sure how it'd downscale to Base Raiden but it'd put Ripper Mode Raiden and Armstrong at Low 7-B each)
I definitely think base Raiden downscales as he's not massively below Armstrong as we see in the game. Being able to take multiple hits from him as well as knock back Armstrong several times and even matching him in strength. Also Sam, who's comparable to Raiden, could do well against Armstrong.

In other words, the gap between Raiden and Ripper Mode is definitely not 7x

Last edited:
Everything looks fine at a glance except the 6-C feat.

EDIT: Oh wait, the sword calc in there is the same exact calc that I did.

The rain-drop there is monstrously huge, I didn't find any raindrop that big in the videos I used. I'd go with my one instead.

This is indeed a valid concern. We should always find the actual distance moved by the projectile instead of assuming some random numbers.

Since the formula for projectile dodging is this:

Dodging speed= (Distance moved by character * Speed of projectile) / (Distance from projectile when the dodging starts)

I think this is the highest chance of an upgrade (Going from over 100 kilotons to over 300 kilotons)
Again, one needs to see just how humongous that guy's raindrop is to see that he got that on a fluke. The actual raindrops should not be anywhere near that massive.

Even if you assume 2mm raindrop size (I used 5mm because there were bigger raindrops falling around and 5mm so far has the actual speed value attached to it), the image used by the guy has a raindrop far, far larger than the one he used. That and using my pixel scaling would nail you around 794.88 kilotons of TNT, still High 7-C.

Even if you assume 2mm raindrop size (I used 5mm because there were bigger raindrops falling around and 5mm so far has the actual speed value attached to it), the image used by the guy has a raindrop far, far larger than the one he used. That and using my pixel scaling would nail you around 794.88 kilotons of TNT, still High 7-C.
High 7-C+ would be neat

Also would Metal Gear excelsus coming out of the ground as well as Armstrong erupting fire from the ground yield anything worth?

I think this is the highest chance of an upgrade (Going from over 100 kilotons to over 300 kilotons)

As stated earlier, I disagree with the 7x multiplier for AP as shown in the game, the gap is clearly nowhere near that large between base Raiden and Armstrong
Well without the 7x multiplier, Base Raiden downscales to Baseline Low 7-B

Fluke or not, he still got a raindrop that big.
We don't do calcs of flukes my friend. We calc with consistent things we find. Unless you wanna tell me you wanna use the biggest available value every single time to inflate calcs.

We don't do calcs of flukes my friend. We calc with consistent things we find. Unless you wanna tell me you wanna use the biggest available value every single time to inflate calcs.
That's what high-ends for calcs are for. He used the maximum possible raindrop size in his calc, so that would be what is known as a high-ball.

Back