• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metal Gear Rising Scaling Changes

That and it seems like you didn't use the raindrops from the first video like I told you to.
I actually did use it from the very first video I litterly explained that it was .5 seconds after Raiden cut the APC. In fact you can even see the cut pieces of the APC in the second shot. I brought this up to you and YOU agreed to it. The second timing thing I will check out though, however since it seems that it might outright be invalid I it doesn't seem to matter much now.

Okay so I checked out the frame issue and here is the result in 60 fps. The APC seems to start moving at frame 133 and ends at frame 166
BTW, I see another problem in the calc.

The video is 60 FPS, and the actual yeet starts at frame number 86 (1.43 seconds at the start) and we see it slow down to a halt in front of Raiden's eyes at frame 166 (2.76 seconds).

The time difference is roughly 1.33 seconds. This is what you'd use for the apparent speed of the Boxer, as well as the duration Raiden viewed the raindrops as still for.
Actually that's when Raiden enters blade mode, the boxcar doesn't actually start moving until frame 133. Go check if you don't believe me, it only rotates

I actually did use it from the very first video I litterly explained that it was .5 seconds after Raiden cut the APC. In fact you can even see the cut pieces of the APC in the second shot. I brought this up to you and YOU agreed to it. The second timing thing I will check out though, however since it seems that it might outright be invalid I it doesn't seem to matter much now.
Meh, won't matter much now. I got 7-B out of that exact same scene too.

Okay so I checked out the frame issue and here is the result in 60 fps. The APC seems to start moving at frame 133 and ends at frame 166

Actually that's when Raiden enters blade mode, the boxcar doesn't actually start moving until frame 133. Go check if you don't believe me, it only rotates
Now that I look at it,

The APC actually starts approaching closer at the Frame 96 mark. You can see it for yourself if you don't believe me. Go frame-by-frame there and you can see the APC slowly approaching you.

Now that I look at it,

The APC actually starts approaching closer at the Frame 96 mark. You can see it for yourself if you don't believe me. Go frame-by-frame there and you can see the APC slowly approaching you.
I really don't think it is it doesn't start moving until Raiden whips out his sword all the way

No, it rotates in the air until Raiden fully pulls out his sword.
Go frame-by-frame my dude, and zoom in specifically for the Boxer and nothing else, it doesn't just rotate, it even approaches closer to PoV.

Look id be willing to find another clip where its easier to see in order to prove it to you if you want?
The result would be the exact same, the APC starts to move almost immediately after Raiden initiates Blade Mode. The basic premise would remain the same regardless of what clip you show me.

Unfortunately, now the issue is that Raiden is in Ripper Mode in that entire boss fight, and that's how he sees EMPs in slow-mo. And given that the Boxer undeniably covers more distances in so short a time, the Boxers would indeed be moving at FTL speed.

Unfortunately, now the issue is that Raiden is in Ripper Mode in that entire boss fight, and that's how he sees EMPs in slow-mo. And given that the Boxer undeniably covers more distances in so short a time, the Boxers would indeed be moving at FTL speed.
I see that that is the case now but just to prove that it's around half a second here.

Movement starts at frame 421 and ends at frame 469

I see that that is the case now but just to prove that it's around half a second here.

Movement starts at frame 421 and ends at frame 469
That's the rain bro. Also it's not from within the cutscene where the Boxer is chopped off.

Now let me explain why I take issue with using this video at all instead of where the chop happens.

Because the pixel-size of the raindrop can vary wildy between scenes.

In one scene a raindrop could be 10px, in this scene it could be 20px or something else. That's why I said not to use this scene but rather explcitly the scene where the chopping happens.

Actually if you look at the clip Raiden WALKS faster than the EMP so I guess we have relativistic+ travel speed raiden

Actually if you look at the clip Raiden WALKS faster than the EMP so I guess we have relativistic+ travel speed raiden
Nah, he'd be blatantly FTL given that the EMP burst doesn't even cover as much distance as his moves do. He walked back several meters while the EMP eyeballed alone is hardly breaking the 2 m range.

That's the rain bro. Also it's not from within the cutscene where the Boxer is chopped off.

Now let me explain why I take issue with using this video at all instead of where the chop happens.

Because the pixel-size of the raindrop can vary wildy between scenes.

In one scene a raindrop could be 10px, in this scene it could be 20px or something else. That's why I said not to use this scene but rather explcitly the scene where the chopping happens.
Doesn't matter whether it's the scene where the boxcar is cut or not. We see objects in the dozens of tons hurled at raiden in around half a second. Also the raindrops are not completely random, they spawn in set patterns all you need to do is find the same raindrop spawn location as the one earlier in the clip. Nothing here changes, the raindrops speed stays the same, and the speed at which the objects are hurled stays the same. It's just nitpicking to say this doesn't count.

wouldnt saying the apc has FTL KE due to raiden reacting to EMPs be calc stacking

Last edited:
Doesn't matter whether it's the scene where the boxcar is cut or not.
It actually kind of does, otherwise we get wildly inconsistent results.

We see objects in the dozens of tons hurled at raiden in around half a second. Also the raindrops are not completely random, they spawn in set patterns all you need to do is find the same raindrop spawn location as the one earlier in the clip.
Not the issue, the issue is that those raindrops can vary in pixel-size at a different angle and distance from PoV. Hence why both the Boxer getting cut and the raindrop all need to be in the same exact frame to yield the most accurate results. Don't even get me started on the headaches this would lead to at higher resolutions and image quality.

Nothing here changes, the raindrops speed stays the same, and the speed at which the objects are hurled stays the same. It's just nitpicking to say this doesn't count.
It isn't nitpicking, the raindrop pixel-size changes, which would make it all the more inconsistent than if you used the raindrop in the same exact scene where the Boxer is being cut. And once you factor in resolution and image quality, you risk increasing those inconsistencies tenfold.

Not the issue, the issue is that those raindrops can vary in pixel-size at a different angle and distance from PoV. Hence why both the Boxer getting cut and the raindrop all need to be in the same exact frame to yield the most accurate results. Don't even get me started on the headaches this would lead to at higher resolutions and image quality.
That isn't the point. The point is we have already found the raindrops speed. Changing the angle does not impact that whatsoever. The rains speed does not change end of story.

Another thing Id like to note is that if the EMP blast invalidates all blade mode calc's then would the first boxcar calc become invalid?

I'd also like to note that usually EMP blast are not visible to the naked eye. Are we sure that the "EMP wave" that we see is not just the result of an outward blast? We see electricity arc through the air at a WAY faster speed than the pulse itself.

That isn't the point. The point is we have already found the raindrops speed. Changing the angle does not impact that whatsoever. The rains speed does not change end of story.
Grossly incorrect. Changing the angle and distance from PoV wildly changes the pixel-size count of the raindrop and thus changes the meter-per-pixel value travelled by the raindrop, thereby affecting speed in tandem.

Another thing Id like to note is that if the EMP blast invalidates all blade mode calc's then would the first boxcar calc become invalid?
Possibly.

Grossly incorrect. Changing the angle and distance from PoV wildly changes the pixel-size count of the raindrop and thus changes the meter-per-pixel value travelled by the raindrop, thereby affecting speed in tandem.
Here we go again. WE have found the speed of the rain in a completely flat angle, this is the most correct the speed can be. Changing the angles once again does nothing if we have already established the speed of the rain. But since your so insistent on me doing it your way I will create a whole new clip. I look forward to finding a rain speed nearly exactly the same as we already have it.

Here we go again. WE have found the speed of the rain in a completely flat angle, this is the most correct the speed can be.
You forgot the distance between the raindrop and the PoV bruv.

Changing the angles once again does nothing if we have already established the speed of the rain.
Except again, you forgot to take into account the distance of the raindrop from PoV. Angle and distance from PoV both combine to influence the pixel-size of the raindrops on the screen.

But since your so insistent on me doing it your way I will create a whole new clip. I look forward to finding a rain speed nearly exactly the same as we already have it.
Why tho? The first video should be more than enough to solve everything. You're just doing too much effort for something that requires so many less steps.

Why tho? The first video should be more than enough to solve everything. You're just doing too much effort for something that requires so many less steps.
Because you seem insistent on making the timeframe longer than it is. So I will provide a clear view of the shot so there's no room for debate on the timeframe.

Because you seem insistent on making the timeframe longer than it is. So I will provide a clear view of the shot so there's no room for debate on the timeframe.
Because it leads to less inconsistencies with the observed apparent speed of the rain in dilated time.

Not at all, if anything it would be more wrong to use raindrops from a different scene and then use that exact same scenario in that feat where the raindrops aren't even the same pixel-size anymore.
Well then don't worry I'm re-doing it even though it's probably useless now

Can we get much higher? So high
Oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Oh, oh
Ya forgot to do the slice bruv, but yeah this is the exact scene I would be talking about, almost perfect but you didn't use the slice. Would've been better if you also included the exact scene where the slowdown starts but eh, this will do.

Worse still the travel time for the APC is still within that margin of error that I calc'd last surprisingly. 45 seconds and ends at 46.2 seconds where it decelerates for some weird reason.

The raindrops still keep moving, but far slower than what the EMP would be shown to move at. And they last the full 47.1 seconds which would kick things up a notch massively. This would shoot up the APC speed to well over 30% SoL.

Though then again, there's still the issue of Raiden viewing EMPs in slow-mo so...

Last edited:
Ya forgot to do the slice bruv, but yeah this is the exact scene I would be talking about, almost perfect but you didn't use the slice. Would've been better if you also included the exact scene where the slowdown starts but eh, this will do.

Worse still the travel time for the APC is still within that margin of error that I calc'd last surprisingly. 45 seconds and ends at 46.2 seconds where it decelerates for some weird reason.

The raindrops still keep moving, but far slower than what the EMP would be shown to move at. And they last the full 47.1 seconds which would kick things up a notch massively. This would shoot up the APC speed to well over 30% SoL.

Though then again, there's still the issue of Raiden viewing EMPs in slow-mo so...
Yeah, I think that's up for debate but I feel that's for another thread.
The reason I didn't use the slice is because the APC slows down before you can slice it adding a few extra seconds to the timeframe and absolutely tanking the speed. The part where I screenshotted to find the distance from the frame is the last frame before it decelerates.

Yeah, I think that's up for debate but I feel that's for another thread.
A Boxer being yeeted at 6-C levels of energy that surpasses everything else in the series is nothing short of an outlier, this isn't even taking into consideration the KE rules it would violate or the fact that Raiden saw it as moving faster than EMPs by the sheer virtue of the Boxer covering that distance much more quickly than he saw the EMP travelling at which point KE would be straight up unusable because FTL.

The reason I didn't use the slice is because the APC slows down before you can slice it adding a few extra seconds to the timeframe and absolutely tanking the speed.
The slice tanking the speed would only mean Raiden stopped it dead in its tracks, it wouldn't affect the actual speed it crossed the initial distance with, we only need to know how far it covered before time gets further dilated (Though again, the raindrops moving at the same pace even then poses problems). We only need the speed of the distance it covered, extra seconds being added to this entire feat after the APC gets sliced would only mean the raindrops require even more time to travel thus massively increasing the dilation time and thus the APC's speed in tandem.

As for what I meant when the slowdown starts, I meant the exact moment where Raiden enters that Japanese logo thing where everything goes from normal speed to heavily-dilated speed.

The part where I screenshotted to find the distance from the frame is the last frame before it decelerates.
Good then. That's all you need, anything after that is just more seconds being added by the slices to how long the raindrops were viewed as frozen for.

A Boxer being yeeted at 6-C levels of energy that surpasses everything else in the series is nothing short of an outlier, this isn't even taking into consideration the KE rules it would violate or the fact that Raiden saw it as moving faster than EMPs by the sheer virtue of the Boxer covering that distance much more quickly than he saw the EMP travelling at which point KE would be straight up unusable because FTL.
And what I'm saying is that normal EMP's aren't even visible. This could just as easily be an explosive that releases large amounts of Electromagnetic and other types of waves.
Good then. That's all you need, anything after that is just more seconds being added by the slices to how long the raindrops were viewed as frozen for.
Okay so were good on the apparent speed and the distance correct?

Okay so were good on the apparent speed and the distance correct?
Once you make a clip involving the parts where Raiden goes into Blade Mode and the part where he slices the APC until Blade Mode wears off, and make proper adjustments to the APC being yeeted which takes roughly a second to move from point A to B, maybe, but I very strongly doubt 6-C going through.

And what I'm saying is that normal EMP's aren't even visible. This could just as easily be an explosive that releases large amounts of Electromagnetic and other types of waves.
The game itself has something else to say about it: It literally uses electromagnetic pulses.

But that's best left for another CRT.

when theres a KE feat thats FTL shouldnt it just be done with rel+ KE, it doesnt make sense for a KE feat to suddenly drop drastically in result if not become unusable from getting even faster than it was before

when theres a KE feat thats FTL shouldnt it just be done with rel+ KE, it doesnt make sense for a KE feat to suddenly drop drastically in result if not become unusable from getting even faster than it was before
No. It's against our KE rules to do so, to make up new physics for stuff that defies physics.

DT also stated why here.

Back