• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some good MGR calcs from Deviantart

That's what high-ends for calcs are for. He used the maximum possible raindrop size in his calc, so that would be what is known as a high-ball.
We don't use maximum one-time instances which could clearly be a glitch and not normal gameplay.

No evidence that it's a glitch
Wrong, because every other gameplay video of Monsoon's boss fight I've come across doesn't show the raindrop to be that ******* big. Every other scenario shows the raindrops as inconcievably tiny and damn near impossible to see.

Wrong, because every other gameplay video of Monsoon's boss fight I've come across doesn't show the raindrop to be that ******* big. Every other scenario shows the raindrops as inconcievably tiny and damn near impossible to see.
I can ask him how he got such a large raindrop size.

I can ask him how he got such a large raindrop size.
Remember, it's not the 2mm value I have an issue with, but the fact that the raindrop itself on his picture is gargantuan compared to the rest of the other raindrops.

That and the image is kinda low-quality compared to what I found by straight up pirating a YouTube video to take screen shots via MPC.

Remember, it's not the 2mm value I have an issue with, but the fact that the raindrop itself on his picture is gargantuan compared to the rest of the other raindrops.

That and the image is kinda low-quality compared to what I found by straight up pirating a YouTube video to take screen shots via MPC.
I know, and I just asked him. I'll let you know when I get a response.

I looked over the fight itself and that larger raindrop only appears in a blink and you miss it scene

I looked over the fight itself and that larger raindrop only appears in a blink and you miss it scene
Did you go frame-by-frame to see if it was just a thing of rapidly shifting between Ripper mode to real-time? Because I myself watched higher-quality versions of the fight and not once did I ever see such a raindrop. Ever. And I went frame-by-frame for them.

Dont have much to say otherwise but, ive always found the mhs+ feat odd considering raiden jumps at relatively similar (sometimes slower) speeds in the scene compared to the missiles.

Did you go frame-by-frame to see if it was just a thing of rapidly shifting between Ripper mode to real-time? Because I myself watched higher-quality versions of the fight and not once did I ever see such a raindrop. Ever. And I went frame-by-frame for them.

I can see it within a second of the timestamp

Here too

Can't see it here though, maybe the PC version just broke the effect but whatever

Can't see it here though, maybe the PC version just broke the effect but whatever
Only thing the PC version would suck in is having proper framerate controllers, but otherwise its graphics settings is magnitudes superior to the other platforms.

That or it's the viewing angle, but even then it seems to happen extremely rarely.

Only thing the PC version would suck in is having proper framerate controllers, but otherwise its graphics settings is magnitudes superior to the other platforms.

That or it's the viewing angle, but even then it seems to happen extremely rarely.
Bruh I got it on the PC and literally couldn't play it due to how slow the thing moved.

The raindrops can appear big, but that's because they are way closer to the POV/Camera, if you get really lucky and time it right, you can have a raindrop take up like a quarter of the screen. If some appear large, it's because of the position in regards to the POV.

So yeah, feats 5 and 6 can't be used (5 is a massive fluke due to viewing angles and shit, so my Boxer calc is still perfect to use, and 6 is a massive outlier).

Only stuff 1-4 seem to have some worth in discussion, but they all need to be put in our wiki's blog for further evaluations before they can be used.

I mean I personally support feat 5 but if no one else does then I won't die on that hill.

Back