• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why isn't Todd's big moon feat considered an outlier? (Possible Scott Pilgrim downgrade?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only happened once, there hasn't so far been any feats or scaling in that verse that comes close to it, and its bearing on the plot itself could mean this feat can be chalked up to PIS. So... why isn't Todd's big feat an outlier??

Actually, it happened twice if I remember, once for Ramona, once for Envy. I'll try find the other time.

Edit: I was right.

It still doesn't make it not an outlier, but there was more than one showing.

Sorry for bringing up a dead thread, but even still, wouldn't Scott harming Todd be considered an outlier? I mean, we consider Batman punching Specter and Black Panther restraining Silver Surfer an outlier, so why not Scott harming Todd?

The thing is, there is literally no reason why the later Exes should be as strong or stronger than Todd. Rank doesn't overcome strength. Outlier or not, Scott and later exes shouldn't get Continental Ratings. And yeah, Scott scaling is an outlier.

Sadly I do kind of agree with this. One thing though, do we consider Scott punching someone so they see the curvature of the earth a joke or an actual feat ?

TheArsenal1212 said:
Sadly I do kind of agree with this. One thing though, do we consider Scott punching someone so they see the curvature of the earth a joke or an actual feat ?
Which feat is that?

I agree with this. It's clearly a massive outlier that Todd did the exact same multi continent level feat only twice when the series is otherwise filled with only wall level to building level feats. Especially when characters like Envy of all people are capable of harming him.

Scott jokes at one point that he punched someone so hard that theybkiterally saw the curvature of the earth. I'll get a pic of it when I can but even though he might be joking, there's also a substantial chance he wasn't given the nature of SP

I am also inclined to agree with his, but what else should we scale the characters to instead?

Off the top of my head, later characters can scale to Lucas Lee and the destruction of Honest Ed's. I'll see if I can find anymore notable AP feats in RTs.

Okay. You can ask our calc group members to calculate the feats if you wish.

Are both of them scaled from the same type of feat?

Okay. Then I suppose that both versions probably need to be revised.

We would need a footnote explanation about that it is considered an outlier though.

This isn't exactly an outlier, more it doesn't really scale to anyone.

I've got some ideas. Should I post scaling here or in a new thread?

Volumes 1-4

Firstly, Scott isn't portrayed as increasing in strength throughout the first few volumes. These take place within several months of each other, and Scott is already a very competent fighter. Scott has multiple Wall level feats, so here's a quick list

Now for some speed revisions. This doesn't scale to Roxie, Ramona, power of love/Understanding Scott or Gideon since they're all FTE

Scott has multiple SuperHuman feats. He's the best fighter in the providence, quickly making more than 60 punches in a matter of seconds, he should also be faster than people who can play entire songs in 0.4 seconds. However, he's nowhere near as fast as Roxie, who's FTE to him, although he could tag her with a punch. Lucas Lee also had difficulty reacting at 309 km/h, and died after moving faster.

Power-Ups

After "leveling up", Scott outsped Roxie and split her in two with ease, only recieving a single cut. Later, he defeated the twins, both of whom are superior to Roxie, upon recovering from his hangover.

There's the power of understanding, of course, but it's not exact worth mentioning outside the tiering, so I'll get to it.

Conclusion

Early Scott and people who scale to him, including Matthew Patel, Lucas Lee, Todd Ingram (physically), Mr. Chau, Ramona Flowers and Roxie Richter are Wall level, likely Small Building level. They are also SuperHuman with Subsonic combat speed, excluding the latter three who are straight up Subsonic. Todd also has Continent level+ AP with Vegan Powers.

The Twins, Power of Love/Understanding Scott, Power of Love Ramona, Gideon Graves and NegaScott are at least Wall level, likely Small Building level with at least Subsonic travel speed.

That seems like a thorough and reliable analysis.

Agreed. It seems quite likely that this verse is going to be sticking around Tier 9.

@GojiBoy That's exactly what I did, including Todd being Continent level+ with Vegan Powers.

So is somebody experienced willing to apply ByAsura's suggested changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back