• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why does SSj4 Broly have his own page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Yeah pretty much that and people won't connect the dots and realize that non canon profiles don't affect canon ones
Were people trying to scale Beerus and Goku to Demigra's feats?

I would prefer if we don't turn the Dragon Ball pages too confusing by adding characters or versions of characters from out of continuity games.

Well, the manga in question is a out of continuity spinoff of a game that is an out of continuity spinoff of GT, which is an out of continuity spinoff of DBZ. I don't think that they seem relevant to the main continuity.

Unclechairman said:
Viturino said:
I dont think this wikia is the place for hypotheticals.
What makes them hypotheticals? Hypotheticals are characters that don't exist, at least yet, but can be speculated about based on current information. Examples of hypotheticals are SSGSS Gogeta, Gokhan, Buurus, etc.
By contrast, SSj4 Broly and Super 17 in his forms listed above may have used to be hypotheticals, but they have since appeared in official media. Game-exclusive characters typically don't have much leads to go off of to try and measure their power, but these characters are an exception as they have showed off their power in an official manga adaptation, or in the case of SSj3 Broly, is (apparently) directly compared to another character.
Ask @SomebodyStupid he was the one who said they are hypothetical.

Antvasima said:
Well, the manga in question is a out of continuity spinoff of a game that is an out of continuity spinoff of GT, which is an out of continuity spinoff of DBZ. I don't think that they seem relevant to the main continuity.
Broly himself isn't really relevant to the main continuity either.

I don't see why this is a problem. There aren't any outright contradictions to my knowledge (spin-off manga loosely follows GT, which is an alternative continuation of Z. Broly dies in Z, but then gets revived in GT spin-off with new form, including FEATS). To anyone who can read that Victory Mission is a spin-off of GT, this shouldn't be an issue, as long as you assume that the characters that appeared in GT's original run are as strong as they were there. Otherwise, you do have an issue, as Broly's main feat is one-shotting Eis Shenron, who in GT is powerscaled to Nuova Shenron, who's powerscaled to SSj4 Goku, who's ultimately powerscaled to Kid Buu. But there aren't any issues with assuming such a thing, are there? Mind you, I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if there are any outright contradictions. You'd have to ask Pietro Maximoff; he probably read it.

Well, if we allow obscure distant out of continuity spinoff versions we open the door for any obscure distant out of continuity spinoff versions, and I prefer to keep the pages somewhat structured and contained.

I know right if you're not going to add a new key for him on his page at least let him keep his non-canon page not like it messes with the balance of things since we know hes a completely different character

I am uncertain. Like I said, if we allow this there is a chance that we will be swarmed by obscure non-canon characters.

i tried to find info on him, and all i cud get is on a superman related character called strangevisitor (not to be confused with strange visitor superman ofc)

and any links that were given told that he wasnt a part of the normal continuity

and the authors wrote him essentially as a short story, also, iirc those authors were working o this as a temporary thing

Antvasima said:
I am uncertain. Like I said, if we allow this there is a chance that we will be swarmed by obscure non-canon characters.
I agree but I think it should depend on the specific character themselves such as the more popular noncanon characters like SSJ4 Broly (literally hear about this guy every day), Cosmic Spider-man, or Heaven Ascension Dio and then whereas the Not-so-popular or uneeded characters would be denied a page.

Can't we have a category "Obscure Character" ? I think its kinda cool to have profiles for Strange Visitor and Goku Shin Budokai because we would be like the one of the only sources on the internet with stats for this character, seriously, try to look up them, its pretty hard to find info, if we do them we will be kinda.. special.

Well, all right. I will restore the pages, but I don't make any promises to allow future extremely obscure out of continuity characters.

As long as it is made perfectly clear that such characters are non-canon, and cannot be scaled to the canon profiles, I am fine with it.

That said, do not mix canon profiles with non-canon version's stats. For example, if somebody wants to create a page for Shin Budokai version of Goku, don't meddle with the Goku page, and create a new page labelled "Goku (Shin Budokai)" instead.

Lastly, if these profiles turn into a head-ache, such as consistent demands to scale canon characters to non-canon ones based on non-canon feats, I will personally mass delete said non-canon profiles. The DBZ franchise is a bigh enough head-ache as it is, and it would be extremely tiresome to deal with additional continuity issues, so to the people in charge of creating the non-canon profiles, I would like to request that they prevent cropping up of any stat revision requests due to continuity confusion.

Antvasima said:
Well, all right. I will restore the pages, but I don't make any promises to allow future extremely obscure out of continuity characters.
Thank you, Ant-Sama

Lord K, the pages already have a note that they are non-canon, but thank you for your time anyways.

SomebodyData said:
BTW this may out of topic, but I'm planning on making SSJ4 Gohan, SSJ3 Vegito,Adult Gotenks and SSJ2 Bardock profiles, so what is the concensus?
i think that would be pretty cool, espicially SSJ3 Vegito, I mean, if Gotenks could go SSJ3 while Goten and Trunks weren't even SSJ2's individually, while Goku is a SSJ3 and Vegeta is a SSJ2, that should mean Vegito inherited the ability to go SSJ3 from Goku, Vegito even went SSJ3 in a short animated Heroes clip, also, would Vegito be considered High 4-A as a SSJ3? Since you guys already have Base Vegito alone many times SSJ3 Goku, I was actually going to suggest making a page for SSJ3 Vegito, glad someone here brought it up

No. The Dragon Ball psges are already messy and convoluted enough as it is. We do not need any more obscure non-canon characters. I will close this topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back