• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Are Wonder Woman, Zeus, Ares (DCEU) only 6-B?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there may be lack of feats for as to why. But as we know, we agree Superman is High 6-A for being revived by the Motherbox and able to pull them apart.

Well, if we go by that logic. Zeus should be High 6-A to be able to, seemly effortlessly seperate the motherboxes with one shot. Even revived Superman struggled at first to pull them apart. Ares should be 6-A to possibly High 6-A since he was able to mortally wound Zeus after he was amplfied by warfare.

Also Wonder Woman should at least be 6-A. She was able to tank hits from Superman once he was revived. (She tanked a headbutt and another attack while smashed in the ground) Yes, she was incapcitated after tanking such a blow. But we must remember they were trying to restrain Superman...

And most of the time, Superman and WW are nearly comparable. I don't think having Wonder Woman as 6-A is unreasonable.

Also I'd like to add that Zeus 6-B AP is based on injuring Stepphenwolf with a lighting bolt when we can agree that the Motherboxes > Stepphenwolf.

Also, if Wonder Woman is literally the "God Killer" then she should have the ability to kill Zeus himself technically.

We can agree that Ares < Wonder Woman (yes, weakened state) yet Zeus > Ares (or at least equal) yet still got killed by him.

I personally disagree with this as it seems to be a solitary feat on the part of Zeus not really backed up by anything else, which goes agaisnt scaling since Supes>>Awakened Diana>Ares=Zeus. Though i would invite Matthew or Kep to evaluate your request.

I agree with Zeus and Ares but not Wonder Woman.

- First let me start by saying Wonder Woman fought a weakened Ares. The actor who portrayed Ares in JL was younger and buffer. Also, if Ares was as strong as his prime then he would not have tried to get Diana to work with him.

- We cannot scale Wonder Woman to Superman since Superman owned everyone at once. If that's the case then we should scale Hulk to Thor and to Surter.

- Only Zeus and Ares were able to hurt Steppenwolf during the first war (lightning bolt and an axe to the shoulder) so Steppenwolf was weaker than them.

- Zeus one-shotting unity is a legit feat as it took both Cyborg (to disrupt the box for a nano second) and Superman to pull it apart.

- If Hela destroying Mjolnir is considered a feat then Zeus seperating the mother boxes should be legit too.

- A little off topic but Artemis was there too (she blew up the space ship with one arrow) so we can use her as a base for the old gods IMO since we cannot scale her to Zeus or Ares.

- Ares would need two keys for his prime days.

So it should be Zeus >/= Superman & Prime Ares > Steppenwolf > Artemis >/= Weakened Ares </= Diana >/= Aquaman >/= Cyborg > Flash

Should be around that order and true I'm assuming a few things about Artemis but I do think she makes a great case for a base-level old god until we see more from the old gods.

Pepper14832 said:
Also I'd like to add that Zeus 6-B AP is based on injuring Stepphenwolf with a lighting bolt when we can agree that the Motherboxes > Stepphenwolf.

Also, if Wonder Woman is literally the "God Killer" then she should have the ability to kill Zeus himself technically.

We can agree that Ares < Wonder Woman (yes, weakened state) yet Zeus > Ares (or at least equal) yet still got killed by him.
Diana was dubbed the god killer as to kill Ares who we can assume was weakened since his fight with Zeus.

I agree with Zeus. Wonder Woman too. She took hits from Post-Motherbox Superman. A good example would be MCU Hulk. He took hits from Awakened Thor and scales, even though he got rekt. Therefore Wonder Woman should scale to Superman

I will ask Matthew to take a look at this thread.

As for the Hulk, he was able to take hits from awakened Thor, and strike him unconscious.

It was said that zeus used full power to strike Ares which left him too weak to destroy the humans i think prime ares and zeus should be 6A but i dont agree with 6A WW because she fought weakened ares if she gets upgraded so should Wolf and likely aquaman

Okay.

1) Ares being weakened in Wonder Woman is pure headcanon. In fact, he should be at his prime since 5,000 years had passed, and Diana was the first one to actually defeat him in combat, without being mortally wounded

2) Zeus splitting the three Mother Boxes is considered an outlier because if he was that powerful he could just one-shot Steppenwolf

3) Wonder Woman surviving a headbutt from Superman does not make her 6-A.

@Matthew Schroeder I have to argue about your point 2 just a little bit. Why do you think that Zeus not being able to one-shot Steppenwolf makes the feat an outlier? Maybe Steppenwolf is also High 6-A.

Look at the whole picture. Superman and Zeus both have split the motherboxes hence High 6-A. Steppenwolf faught both, lost to Superman that's maybe because Superman is just stronger High 6-A. Its a huge range. I think these makes more sense than Superman and Wonder Woman being so much apart as 6-B and High 6-A. Zeus -> Ares -> WW (all High 6-A) did you consider this power-scaling?

If Zeus is High 6-A, then so is Ares and thus so is Wonder Woman, despite her getting stomped by Superman who performed the High 6-A feat with more effort than Zeus.

My apologies Basilisk, but I am leaning towards agreeing with Matthew here.

I think Matt and Ever make more sense

Matt I see your point about head canon regardining prime Ares but how about this:

Diana was specifically made by Zeus in order to combat Ares. Ares feeds off of violence hence how he was strong enough to be on par with Zeus during the war against Steppenwolf and how he was able to kill the other gods and wound Zeus (as he fed of the violnce of Humanity). Even when Wonder Woman fought him he always seemingly had the upper hand because her rage was making him more powerful. It wasn't until Wonder Woman embraced the power of "love" that she calmed down and was able to kill Ares with his own lightning bolt. So most of what I just said was either shown or basically stated in the film.

Wonder Woman had hax against Ares, or should I say she is the hax. This shouldn't disregard her current level but should still take into account that Ares gets stronger with war and violence and is weaker against an oppenent of similar power who is filled with love. The power of emotions is a big theme in DC with the emotional spectrum and whatnot so will that work?

Sorry Ever could you be more specific? Do you mean it is never implied Ares gets stronger with war or tha Diana had to embrace love in order to counter?

When Diana was about to kill Dr. Poison Ares was goading her on. It wasn't until Diana threw the tank down and gave her speech did Ares get "worried". You can tell that Ares was influencing Diana at first, confusing her, but when she remembered Steve she cleared her mind and filled herself with love, even for Ares hence her "goodbye brother". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-C5H9NZJU

Another thing though and this is a bit of a hole in Matt's logic: if Diana was equal to Ares who was equal to Zeus, both of whom overpowered Steppenwolf, why did Diana have so much trouble with Steppenwolf? The only logical explanations are Ares was weaker when he fought Diana or Diana exploited Ares weakness as Zeus made her specifically to fight Ares?

That still doesn't imply that Wonder Woman was powered by love.

Because it's an outlier?

There's also the fact that that took place 30,000 years ago.

But it's exactly her love for Steve (hence her flashback) that allowed her to clear her mind. Ares cound sense this as he pwned her the entire fight, even after she "awakened" she only managed to get a few shots in. Yet Ares still tries to push her over the edge by blaming everything on people and having her kill Dr. Posion.

I don't think that it's an outlier because if a dying Zeus could create an island, him at his peak seperating the unity makes sense.

So are you implying Steppenwolf was weaker when he fought Diana?

Here's the issue as I see it. Matt said if Zeus could one shot unity then he should be able to one shot Steppenwolf. But then that should be the case with Superman as well. We know Steppenwolf's power is tied to his electroaxe which Zeus nor Ares destroyed. That's another thing to consider.

I also did not have the impression that Wonder Woman literally uses love as a power source.

I'm learning towards agreeing with Ever and Matt here. The "power of love and friendship" thing is so incredibly cliché that you could argue a "love" power-up for every single character in fiction.

Zeus splitting the Mother Boxes is generally regarded as an outlier here. I was the guy who first brought that forth in the JL discussion thread, IIRC.

Also, the difference between High 6-A and 6-B borders in the thousands. Ares being that weakened was never suggested or implied...at all.

So it took a pummelling from Superman, a good hit from Aquaman and a tag-team from Superman and Wonder Woman to destroy the electroaxe which had Steppenwolf cowering in fear yet Zeus and Ares struck him twice (albeit Zeus' lightning was coursing through Steppenwolf even as he was dragged away) and drove him away to the point he left the unity? Shouldn't Superman have been enough if it took the much weaker Ares and Zeus to two shot?

@Matt, nice DBS refrence

@Kepekley23, true but the emotional spectrum is a thing in DC. And while it is never stated that Ares had grown weaker, I don't believe the movie ever implied he fully recovered either. But if we go by the fact that Ares was much younger and buffer in JL compared to WW (different actors but the younger actor was chosen for his physique), it makes sense that Ares took the form of a scrawny brit when he was damaged (Greek gods are weird and take weird forms when weakened or empowered). So a full powered Zeus could severely damage Ares but Wonder Woman, a demi goddess, could kill him?

If no one's answered the point about Ares being weaker he states that after his defeat at the hands of Zeus he was "left too weak to stop them (humans)". He literally says this in his reveal scene Link. I'm as of now neutral but Matt's points do make sense, though the point about the emotional spectrum is true and the wiki (same source for Ares matter manipulation and stat amps) CLAIMS Diana can in fact weaponize her emotional state via Amokinesis (using emotions as a power source). Though it should again be noted i'm neutral as i'm not sure if my points warrant the upgrade.

@Hellbeast1, Thanks for the link! Ares never implied that he healed from his battle with Zeus. Hopefully we can keep this discussion going or at least keep it under consideration until the movie is on dvd/ blu ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back