• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the strongest JoJo's Bizzare Adventure character?

The other Kars are Ultimate Lifeform like him. In the novel, everything Kars does is explained with "welp, he is the Ultimate Lifeform, so he can". So yes, they should have the same properties as Kars. And what they did was willingly let Kars absorb their souls.

We don't scale abilities to the source unless shown. DIO doesn't have the feat to soulhax Kars, he doesn't overcome the resistance.

Standard Battle Assumptions have both aware of the other.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
We don't scale abilities to the source unless shown.
I didn't scale anything. I didn't say his "soulhax" was Reality Warping at a Multiversal scale. Since Kars doesn't resist Reality Warping at any scale, it won't be a factor.

Being aware of each other does not imply knowing their identity.

Not how that works here. This particular use of RW applies soulhax, something that Kars resists, and since Kars can resist, he won't be affected by that particular use of RW.

Will check SBA real quick, then, since I've never seen it being used like that. And even then, this also applies to DIO, so I don't know what's your point.

So, SBA specify they shouldn't know who the other is (unless OP states otherwise).

That said, Kars can cover the distance quite quickly. And once again, DIO himself has no reason to use his strongest abilities against someone he doesn't even know. Once Kars (or DIO himself, for that matter) see him, my scenario plays out.

No no, lol. They don't know who the other is as in, Kars doesn't know he is fighting DIO. He just knows he is fighting someone. But once they meet each other, it's still GG imo for Kars.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
That said, Kars can cover the distance quite quickly. And once again, DIO himself has no reason to use his strongest abilities against someone he doesn't even know. Once Kars (or DIO himself, for that matter) see him, my scenario plays out.
Kars being able to cover distance doesn't matter: speed is equalized, so for every few meters Kars travels, DIO has the time to have a full monologue in his head about the meaning of life. Soulhax is not his strongest move, so he has a good chance to use it.

About Kars resiting "Soul Reality Overwrite", for me, the mechanism behind a hax has to be taken into account. Especially considering that most reality warpings manifest themselve as other haxes; would they even be a point to giving reality warping on their profile profile under such standard?

Lastly, even if we accept DIO's 'reality warping soulhax' functions as simply soulhax (for nearly all intents and purposes), it would just make it even more doubtful that Kars would then manage to "understand" the ability as reality manip and copy/gain resistance as reality manip, existence erasure etc.

Resist like a soulhax but copy/understand like a reality warping hax?? I'm not saying I don't understand your point of view, but I do disagree.

The Smashor said:
Imma change that slightly.
I disagree too. Even the Merger Sponge you put when you made the thread thing doesn't make sense. Kars is not affected by paradoxing (which I would assume extend to his Stands) but even if these were the case DIO probably loses if he goes near Kars anyways for a million other reasons than Merger Sponge => unnecessary rule

The new stuff you added in the rules is also irrelevant for Lephyr's reasons: Kars will only realize he is facing DIO when he sees him anyways.

By SBA, both characters know where the enemy is at the beginning of the battle.

Granted, Kars is probably gonna recognize him, as he already fought another version of Dio.

@Golfgan

The reason Kars could copy it is because he shows he doesn't need to see the origin of the power, just experience and survive the effect.

Since he can survive the soulhax application of TWOH's ability, which is RW, he would then understand and develop his version of the stand.

And that's even assuming he gets to do it before being time stopped by Kars' TWU and haxxed/punched to death.

Let's remember that Kars could just literally grab TWOH and take it for himself the same way he did KQ. Or using his (quite clearly ovo) favorite stand, Whitesnake.

Heck, we aren't even taking into account the most broken ability Kars has, Made in Heaven Ultimate Requiem, which boosts Kars' speed by literal millions of times. He could quite easily blitz DIO from the start (though this is the least likely scenario).

If Dio has infinite base speed, I'm not sure that you can use speed amps to blitz him in speed equal.

@DMB

DIO doesn't have infinite base speed. TWOH has it, and even then, is being questioned as per GER's attacking speed downgrade (don't know what was made of that).

I also doubt that's the case either way.

About GER's speed, some people agree, others disagree. People have been far from reaching a conclusion.

Also, if Dio lost his infinite speed, his time-stop would be downgraded too.

Did he even actually time-stopped GER to have the infinite speed time stop? I just remember the scene where he punches GER and Tusk Act4, but don't remember a time stop there.

Here's how it works:

TWoH caught up with GER in speed.

SPoH was on par with TWoH in speed.

TWoH and SPoW could time-stop each other.

Then it will all depend on if GER's attack speed downgrade goes through for that.

Not that it particularly matters to my scenario in this fight.

@DMB 1: SBA doesn't say anything about them knowing their opponent location (at least not their precise location). Also, as I said in Bill vs HA DIO: there are counter-evidence against "TWoH and SPoW could time-stop each other". The fact DIO can't attack Jotaro during time-stop and only uses it as an evasion tactic is a big indication that something weird is going on. So no I disagree that DIO can time-stop infinites or whatnot. Kars probably resists DIO timestop.

@Lephyr: But if the soulhax applies like a regular soulhax, Kars has no way to know the source is reality warping.

In most case scenario DIO will either attack from 4km away or from another universe. The later being what he did the most, so it wouldn't necessary be an implausible scenario for him to retreat to a safe zone before snipping people.

Other counter-arguments against Kars understanding instantly the full complexity of DIO Stand from a soulhax are a few anti-feat (at least 2):

1/He experienced 36 times Made In Heaven resetting universe, yet never copied/understood it; even after learning about Stand or even after gotten Whitesnake as he still only got to C-Moon via arrow.

2/If I'm not mistaken, before getting Das Boot, he did see stand user fighting one another (I think Valentine against Narancia or others). But required someone to fully explain him Stand to learn his first. What I'm trying to say here is: gaps in knowledge should influence how fast he can understand stuff. So if the gap in complexity/power between TWoH vs his current Stands is even remotely comparable to the gap between No Stand vs Stand like Das Boot, then a counter case can be made against at least instant copy (maybe slower copy?).

As for Kars grabbing or seducing Stands, he seems to only have done once, even though he faced against more dangerous foes than Kira (like Dio), right? So I'd doubt the reliability of this ability.

@Golfgan

He didn't saw the fight in the space ship. He was talking to Pucci while that happened.

The last part is explained by the fact that Kars wanted to test his powers against DIO at first. But when DIO proved too troublesome and got intel from Joji, he immediately time-stopped, dodged D4C barrage, and Whitesnake'd him, destroying The World outright.

However, it is indeed kinda slow depending on the complexity of the stand and his general knowledge about something (requiring to dismantle Das Boots in it's entirety to understand it). However again, the D4C showing is quite telling regardless. I don't doubt he would discover the effect quite quickly.

The first point can't really counter it. It is indeed an inconsistency with his ability.

About DIO sniping away. Once again, this was done against oponents he knew beforehand might prove troublesome. Here, he doesn't even know who he is fighting until he goes for him. And Kars could follow with D4CU anyway. The more DIO uses TWOH without defeating Kars, the more problematic for him will be.

@Tactical

Something he needed to do through TWOH own hands if I remember correctly. Something he won't get to do here once Kars knows he is fighting another DIO before proceeding to time stop him.

Edit: Something he did against Valentine because he knew how problematic he could be. Here he doesn't have that luxury.

TWoH's ability to overwrite reality by touching is inconsistent:

It's stated that he needs to touch the thing he wants to warp (which is what he does most of the times), however, once or twice he did it without needing contact.

Maybe he had already touched it?

He did something similar with a holy corpse part, and he fought valentine prior to that moment.

I don't think DIO's RO sticks around. If he had touched Valentine with the intention of EEing him, it wouldn't have happened after he had finished saying a dialogue (btw, what's he saying?).

By that logic, you could argue that he would have already erased him before fighting him, and the scene makes it clear that Valentine got knocked down in a battle.

So yeah, probably Valentine jumped at him, Dio MUDA-MUDA'd him, and he erased him afterwise.

They explained how the ability works in the fight against Jotaro.

At best the prior scenes are a bit inconsistent.

@DMB

With the starting distance, plus DIO not even going to do it in-character, plus Kars going time stop from the start when he sees him... Yeah.

And even more, Kars reactions are so insane, he could dodge a point-blank D4C barrage even after Novel Dio used time stop before hand.

@Tactical

Combined with the Valentine scene, plus Jotaro explanation of the ability? Sorry, PiS is not gonna fly.

Kars going time stop helps how?

Its become a plot point that DIO will always lose to Jotaro via PIS but not show the PIS when against others.

Also, we seriously need a reality Overwrite Revision.

The justification ion his profile is outdated, and I'm not finding any proof of that ability having any 2-A stuff other than range.

@Tactical

He can time stop people with resistance, as with Novel Dio.

And before you say it, the infinite time stop is questionable at best.

Another thing:

Dio touching him with his bare hands is a very risky move since... You know... Absorption...

Back