• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the Strength & Energy needed to pull earth & moon from gravitational pull?

As we know, certain characters like Superman can pull masses as heavy as earth, and even move the moon around (to create nighttime or eclipse) despite it being gravitationally pulled. How do we calculate those feats? Are they greater or worse than simply lifting the masses?

I believe this page may provide some answers to your question.
It doesn't explain the reasoning. The writer of the page was literally just being lazy

"If one planet or multiple planets or stars are moved the equivalent Attack Potency is the sum of their GBE"

So if I move a pebble, I can now destroy it?

It doesn't explain the reasoning. The writer of the page was literally just being lazy

"If one planet or multiple planets or stars are moved the equivalent Attack Potency is the sum of their GBE"

So if I move a pebble, I can now destroy it?
You're mixing attack potency with destructive capacity.

Also a pebble doesn't have a gravitational pull unlike most celestial bodies, so it's pretty much a false equivalence.

Essentially as the page explains it we use KE as the basis for calculating moving celestial bodies and we have to use GBE too (When it breaks SoL) to get as accurate of a result as possible (Within many fictional settings that breaks physics all the time).

You are comparing moving a peeble at like 10 m/s to moving planets at the universe's known limit for speed

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo It talks about creating entire constallarions by moving stars, not simply moving a planet in any other circumstances. So already the page fails to answer a simple question by blanket assumption out of laziness. We know for a fact that certain characters (like Superman) generally don't go anywhere near lightspeed when moving planetary bodies. So using GBE in most cases isn't even logical.

What? Did you read the whole page?

Since Kinetic energy of faster than light objects can not be quantified by the use of real life physics, those feats are ranked as following:

If one planet or multiple planets or stars are moved the equivalent Attack Potency is the sum of their GBE.

where are you getting that generalization from? A lot of celestial bodies moving feats are FTL because they move their own size in seconds, if a character moves them at 0.99c and below, we do kinectic energy calculations.

The page never said that moving them at all uses GBE, only when it goes lightspeed and above

Back