• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What If... Raiden faces Jetstream Sam and Monsoon in Denver.

What would have happened if Jetstream Sam hadn't retired and instead supported Monsoon in his confrontation with Raiden

Rules:
  • Speed is not Equal
  • Everyone is in character. Monsoon and Sam work together to defeat Raiden once and for all.
  • The fight takes place right at the entrance of the World Marshal headquarters, starting 10 meters apart with a clear line of sight.

Sam and Monsoon: 7 (@TheRadiantSoul @Unknownnah @Detective_Blizzard @McFriesGuy075 @Ednaxel2 @MintyBoi1 @Pyro9278 )

Raiden:

Everyone is crushed by the senator:

Last edited:
No vote for now. But I think it's going to be really hard for Raiden to fight back when Monsoon is firing projectiles at him, while Sam is constantly charging and trying to cut him up with that Dura-Neg Sword. Raiden doesn't have the luxury of a 1 on 1 fight here.

Oddly, Raiden doesn't seem resist the effects of HF Blades himself. So if Sam is able to slash him with it a lot, it is going to hurt significantly.

The two together could overwhelm Raiden quite a bit, but he could still put up a good fight with the Ripper mode activated, as his strength and speed increase. Monsoon proves to be inferior to a Raiden with Ripper mode activated, just like Sam, so Raiden has a chance to damage both of them before they can harm him. Unless they keep Raiden incredibly saturated with attacks.

Can't Monsoon just stay back and throw Electromagnetic projectiles at Raiden to weaken him, while Sam fights him up close?
It could be feasible for Monsoon to attack from a distance, but I believe his electromagnetic attacks wouldn't take Raiden down in one shot. Meanwhile, Raiden should still have access to his arsenal, and he could quickly get rid of Sam.

So Raiden loses.

He already admitted that if he didn't have Ripper Mode, Monsoon would've beat him. It's also implied that Raiden went Ripper Mode against Sam, who he still had hard time beating. Both of them at the same time? That's way too much for him to deal with.

Raiden already has infinite Ripper Mode when fighting Monsoon so I don't think it'd make much of a difference.
IIRC you can legit dominate that fight with Ripper Mode enough for Monsoon to actually feel fear, so there is an argument to be made that Infinite Ripper mode Raiden low/no diffs him, still doesn't help much since Sam is going to be right in his face and distracting him from Monsoon but it does make the fight noticeably closer than if Raiden didn't have it

Either way, this doesn't feel very fair. Raiden isn't going to have a single opportunity to kill either Sam or Monsoon while they can both just back Raiden into a corner, giving him no way to fight back.

He should at least be able to keep Monsoon away from the fight for a bit, since Raiden can use emp grenades on him, i dont think this has to be a stomp.

This is New Game+ Raiden, using Sam's blade... while fighting Sam..... (You can tell because the blade the player is using is red )

Also Moonsoon alone canonically gave Raiden a hard time.
Never said this is proof that Raiden would win. I just saw a cool video related to the match and decided to share it here.

The reason why this wouldn't be a stomp is that at base Raiden scale (with a customized cyborg body), he was already able to face Sam and even beat him with a 60/40. So with Ripper Mode, it would be easier.

And in the case of Monsoon, it was necessary to use Ripper Mode, but when it was used, Monsoon was incredibly stomped (literally). This, combined with the fact that Monsoon does not show any Blade Mode and instead only has instinctive reactions that do not help to increase the speed of his projectiles or anything, means that they would be so slow that Raiden would react to them with moderate effort. So basically, Raiden in Ripper Mode would have a better chance of reacting to Monsoon's projectiles and would also leave him stunned with an EMP grenade, while Sam would have to deal for a while with a much faster and stronger Raiden.

Also, something curious is that Raiden should have access to L'Etranger from Mistral since the weapon was unlocked by defeating her, I believe. The weapon is very useful for quick attacks and I think it has more range than an HF sword while fulfilling the same function, which would be beneficial for facing Monsoon and Sam.

The reason why this wouldn't be a stomp is that at base Raiden scale (with a customized cyborg body), he was already able to face Sam and even beat him with a 60/40. So with Ripper Mode, it would be easier.

And in the case of Monsoon, it was necessary to use Ripper Mode, but when it was used, Monsoon was incredibly stomped (literally). This, combined with the fact that Monsoon does not show any Blade Mode and instead only has instinctive reactions that do not help to increase the speed of his projectiles or anything, means that they would be so slow that Raiden would react to them with moderate effort. So basically, Raiden in Ripper Mode would have a better chance of reacting to Monsoon's projectiles and would also leave him stunned with an EMP grenade, while Sam would have to deal for a while with a much faster and stronger Raiden.

Also, something curious is that Raiden should have access to L'Etranger from Mistral since the weapon was unlocked by defeating her, I believe. The weapon is very useful for quick attacks and I think it has more range than an HF sword while fulfilling the same function, which would be beneficial for facing Monsoon and Sam.
The thing is that canonically, Raiden has no reason to not use RM against the other bosses after unlocking it. Sam wanted Raiden to admit that he enjoyed killing and when he did so through awakening RM, Sam confidently stepped up to fight him which implies that he would have done well. He probably expected Raiden to use RM during their actual rematch too.

Monsoon also canonically put up a good fight against RM Raiden according to one of the codecs.

Sam wanted me to admit that Raiden enjoyed killing people because of his hypocritical philosophy and certainly because he recognized that he was hiding the Mistral. But that doesn't mean he would have been able to fight on par with a Mistral Raiden. In fact, even the Senator was not able to defeat Mistral Raiden, as it is only when he activates it (and obviously also with Muramasa, but that's another topic) that we see Raiden manage to defeat him to the point of ripping out his heart and exploding it at the end of the fight. And the Senator is supposed to be superior to people like Monsoon and Sam. Still, I believe that Sam is perfectly capable of defending himself and buying time, but it would be difficult for him to break through Raiden's defense in that state.

On the other hand, Monsoon is indeed capable of putting up more of a fight against RM Raiden, I would say almost as much as the Senator; however, he eventually ended up being trampled. Additionally, as I mentioned, Monsoon doesn't seem to have Blade Mode to go on the offensive and only has instinctive reactions that favor a more defensive approach.

Raiden is implied to have went into Ripper Mode during one of the codecs and is still out of breath after the fight with Sam. It also wouldn't make much sense for him to not use it on either Sundowner or Sam considering he was hellbent on killing both of them.

I'm not saying that Raiden didn't use the RM Mode against them. Rather, they couldn't stand against him because they were clearly inferior, and in any case, fatigue would be evident considering that he came from a long succession of successive fights in a few hours, plus there is nothing to indicate that the RM improves the user's endurance, so it would make sense that he would be exhausted after using it.

Anyway, I see that Raiden has opportunities to win, especially with an Unlimited RM. However, the duo of Monsoon and Sam can overwhelm him if they play well and fulfill what they say. In any case, I vote for them.

I'm not saying that Raiden didn't use the RM Mode against them. Rather, they couldn't stand against him because they were clearly inferior, and in any case, fatigue would be evident considering that he came from a long succession of successive fights in a few hours, plus there is nothing to indicate that the RM improves the user's endurance, so it would make sense that he would be exhausted after using it.
Raiden being out of breath after the fight with Sam is clearly meant to show that Sam was one of his toughest opponents. Sam is also capable of throwing around Raiden with his bare hands. He's weaker than Ripper Mode Raiden overall, but he still gave him an high-extreme diff fight.

Raiden being out of breath after the fight with Sam is clearly meant to show that Sam was one of his toughest opponents. Sam is also capable of throwing around Raiden with his bare hands. He's weaker than Ripper Mode Raiden overall, but he still gave him an high-extreme diff fight.
Well, the question would be, is this a stomp or not?

Back